Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Possibility of setting up a group to share unlimited lines.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I just want to throw in my 2 cents. Is a shared UDP of this type risky? Yes definitely, but I think the risks being blown somewhat out of proportion.

Ideally, one can have their own phone plan, their own house or apartment, and so on. But, people take significant potential risk every day by having a rental home or apartment shared with roomates -- what if they turn out to be a deadbeat (or bad at managing their money) and are short on rent each month? What if they are doing illegal activities from home? Or legal, but they are having parties and such all the time? Hell, they could even burn your place down! Analogous to the privacy issue with the phone plan, the roomates could of course not be respecting your space (going through your stuff, even stealing it.) Of course , in some states you then find it hard to even kick out the roomate even if you find a better choice. This is potentially making you homeless, not just messing with your phone service. But the tradeoff is that apartments or houses in some areas are cripplingly expensive -- here in Iowa City a cheap apartment is $1,500 a month, so with a lower-paying job one could work full time and be able to afford an apartment IF they could spend 90% of their pre-tax income on it; of course this really means it's impossible since social security witholding alone would make it cost over 100% of take-home income to rent.

I figure it's the same with the phone -- the risk is there, but you're getting so much more for your money it may be worth it anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Wrong. You can see everything. You just aren't familiar with the website.
    That's correct. The account manager has 100% control and can see everything.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I just want to throw in my 2 cents. Is a shared UDP of this type risky? Yes definitely, but I think the risks being blown somewhat out of proportion.

Ideally, one can have their own phone plan, their own house or apartment, and so on. But, people take significant potential risk every day by having a rental home or apartment shared with roomates -- what if they turn out to be a deadbeat (or bad at managing their money) and are short on rent each month? What if they are doing illegal activities from home? Or legal, but they are having parties and such all the time? Hell, they could even burn your place down! Analogous to the privacy issue with the phone plan, the roomates could of course not be respecting your space (going through your stuff, even stealing it.) Of course , in some states you then find it hard to even kick out the roomate even if you find a better choice. This is potentially making you homeless, not just messing with your phone service. But the tradeoff is that apartments or houses in some areas are cripplingly expensive -- here in Iowa City a cheap apartment is $1,500 a month, so with a lower-paying job one could work full time and be able to afford an apartment IF they could spend 90% of their pre-tax income on it; of course this really means it's impossible since social security witholding alone would make it cost over 100% of take-home income to rent.

I figure it's the same with the phone -- the risk is there, but you're getting so much more for your money it may be worth it anyway.
    Roommates are different. They're in your face. People are much more likely to become a prick hidden behind a keyboard or phone.

Feedback Score
    For a hotspot device i see potential. You cant see what I do with my data even as a manager. Yes there are risk to the account manager like illegal activities but if saving a few bucks to you is important then go ahead and do it.

And to nostaldia: you speak a LOT like someone that has been banned from here and slickdeals. Arent you julesjam? Always arguing verizon related matters like if you were sent by god to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    For a hotspot device i see potential. You cant see what I do with my data even as a manager. Yes there are risk to the account manager like illegal activities but if saving a few bucks to you is important then go ahead and do it.

And to nostaldia: you speak a LOT like someone that has been banned from here and slickdeals. Arent you julesjam? Always arguing verizon related matters like if you were sent by god to do so.
    It's probably either Jules, barbara, and maybe even nunya

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post

nostaldia is annoying, but he's generally correct.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyway, I am my own account manager and nobody else. We got 4 lines now with the wonderful people from this forum. We are rolling lovely and I will gladly add a couple more trustworthy people from this forum. Go to my profile to sign up for Verizon Family Plan group.
    Last edited by sororo; 03-23-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Let's go unlimited!

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How much is it monthly? I may have a friend that's interested in joining.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    $45 monthly flat rate. ($35 activation fee if he is not on Verizon currently)

Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    How much is it monthly? I may have a friend that's interested in joining.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4