Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1241

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Feedback Score
    Has anybody had the opportunity to play with the new homebase device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)) and figure out the antenna ports? Why are there two of them? Do you need to use both? If not use which one? I noticed in the specs, it showed that VOLTE was enabled whereas in the old homebase it was disabled. What difference does this make?

Feedback Score
    It's call home base.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    Has anybody had the opportunity to play with the new homebase device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)) and figure out the antenna ports? Why are there two of them? Do you need to use both? If not use which one? I noticed in the specs, it showed that VOLTE was enabled whereas in the old homebase it was disabled. What difference does this make?
    VoLTE is enabled in the latest firmware on the Z700a. At least, enhanced calling is, which indicates VoLTE is present. Now, I don't know if the network is using it or not, it may fall back to UMTS in-call. I actually haven't ever checked, I don't really use them. One person on my team swears by them, wouldn't even take a Unite Explore when I offered them one.

The reason the MF279 has two antennas is for MIMO on LTE, a prerequisite for a lot of things like Carrier Aggregation. I'm not saying you have to use both... but I wouldn't just use one.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Wonder if you do use two antennas do you want them close to each other or split apart.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Wonder if you do use two antennas do you want them close to each other or split apart.
    The best antenna would be a MIMO antenna with two antenna ports built-in. If you don't have that, I would suggest using two separate antennas.

Using a splitter on a non-MIMO antenna is not advisable in my opinion. It may be worse than the built-in antenna, depending on situation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Is this plan still available for new customers? I'd hate to read through 80+ pages of this thread.
    I will have questions for you.
    Don't be afraid to ask me questions.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by br3akth3lim1t View Post
    Is this plan still available for new customers? I'd hate to read through 80+ pages of this thread.
    You could get a good idea from reading through the last few pages. At least have the courtesy to do that and say that you read through the past few before posting. It's common board courtesy.

If everyone posted saying "I'd hate to read through 80+ pages" then threads wouldn't work. The thread has a search tool, there's Google search for threads. At least share what you've tried before asking a well-repeated question.

Point aside, call your local store. If they don't have it, you can't get it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    You could get a good idea from reading through the last few pages. At least have the courtesy to do that and say that you read through the past few before posting. It's common board courtesy.

If everyone posted saying "I'd hate to read through 80+ pages" then threads wouldn't work. The thread has a search tool, there's Google search for threads. At least share what you've tried before asking a well-repeated question.

Point aside, call your local store. If they don't have it, you can't get it.
    Most threads I do read all the way through if they're only 30 or so pages. But thank you for the tip.

Feedback Score
    It is still available. I know two people in western KY who signed up for the 250GB/$60 plan within the last month. Their experiences indicate there is still a lot of confusion at AT&T call centers and stores about who is eligible for the plan. Basically, call on a different day or talk to a different rep and get a different answer, until you get the answer you want.

I saw this Nov '17 article that references the plan and reviews the MF279 device to be helpful:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...more-advanced/

Feedback Score
    I'm still under contract if I decide to cancel my plan I know I have to pay the ETF what do I have to do with the the base unit. Any body know.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    I'm still under contract if I decide to cancel my plan I know I have to pay the ETF what do I have to do with the the base unit. Any body know.
    You pay the ETF it’s yours to keep. Pay the final bill and sell it. You won’t get much though unfortunately. They give them away on contract.

Feedback Score
    Has anybody tried using a sim card from the home phone and internet base unit in a Mofi router.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody tried using a sim card from the home phone and internet base unit in a Mofi router.
    it works fine in it

Feedback Score
    Thank you. Do you have it working in one.I ask this because I brought this ? up on post#857 and someone said it would not work for long that it was against the terms of service or something like that.Don't want to pay 300.00 on a mofi unit then loose my service.
    Last edited by bcltoys; 02-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    is there any way to check the zip codes for eligibility on this service?

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast