Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1285

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Feedback Score
    I think mine is now being throttled to 3G speeds, per tech. support who is supposed to be calling me back. LOL I know..too funny.. But anyways I realize it might get throttled, but it never goes to 4G it seems. Speeds always 3x1 with upload at times slower than that. Even hooking up a booster and getting signal as good as -53 still didn't help with speeds. I guess I will see what the first of the month brings. I have used 120 of my 250gb limit. Anyone having the same slow issue's?

Feedback Score
    Never faster, not at 4am not at 6am not at noon..Never...

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    The fine print states... the 250gb and 500gb plans can be slowed down at anytime. Where added to unlimited plus plan for 20 dollars a month can be slowed down only after 22gb.

I don't notice much difference after I reach 22gb but I am on a rural tower.

Take your device on a road test see if speeds change when it connects to other towers

When I tried a booster it did increase my signal but speeds were real slow. I ended up going with external antenna which did increase signal and speeds. I am 4 1/2 miles from tower

Are you getting an lte signal? Location in your home can make a big difference too... try different locations

Feedback Score
    I have tried it all. I drove to near a tower got 35x15 Wow.. I think the distance is getting me. I have an omni booster hooked up now and when signal gets better..-62-75 speeds get worse.. ATT said I was hitting a tower across a lake 12 miles away..?? I have a directional antenna for it ordered. I have the omni on the ground now, signal -85 and getting 8X2.. So long as it doesn't go to the further tower.. Will keep updating, but I am not getting throttled 100% of the time per say... Thanks

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    A booster for me increased my signal but speeds were really slow. Not many users have had any luck when using a booster. Outside antenna connected to the device increased my signal from about -115 to -102 and increased my speeds

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody got one of new Home phone and Internet unit's,if so how does it work, did you have any problem using it with your current plan/service if your still under contract.

Feedback Score
    I ordered one of the new units today. CS Rep said it will be here in 2 days.

Feedback Score
    I have this device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)), the new home phone from AT&T and no matter what setting I change, like SSID name or wifi password, if I turn off/on the unit they are lost and get back to default settings. Do I have a bad unit?
    Last edited by arobles; 12-18-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    I ordered one of the new units today. CS Rep said it will be here in 2 days.
    Did it arrive on time? Any improvement from the old one?

Does anyone know for sure if the antenna ports are for LTE, or could they just be for wifi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arobles View Post
    I have this device (AT&T Wireless Internet (MF279)), the new home phone from AT&T and no matter what setting I change, like SSID name or wifi password, if I turn off/on the unit they are lost and get back to default settings. Do I have a bad unit?
    Is there a SAVE or SUBMIT button after you make the changes ??
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyewoz View Post
    ATT said I was hitting a tower across a lake 12 miles away..??
    12 miles ..?? I thought the max was like 5 miles out for gsm and like 2-3 miles for CDMA .. that was the last i was told by the RF engineer working at a cell site while i was there to fix a down T1 circuit for AT&T about 6 months ago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaperrine View Post
    Did it arrive on time? Any improvement from the old one?

Does anyone know for sure if the antenna ports are for LTE, or could they just be for wifi?
    It did arrive on time. I got it for a relative and set it up at my place before I took it to his. My original set up without a hitch, but this one took a significant chunk of two days. Biggest hangup was a sim card that was set up incorrectly. I am no wizard at this, but according to the third rep involved in the activation of this device, the previous rep had done something to permanently screw up the sim card? Had to go to AT&T store for another sim card. Final rep on the next day got it all straightened out. I did no exhaustive testing, but the speeds seemed about the same. Wish I had those antenna ports on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    12 miles ..?? I thought the max was like 5 miles out for gsm and like 2-3 miles for CDMA .. that was the last i was told by the RF engineer working at a cell site while i was there to fix a down T1 circuit for AT&T about 6 months ago
    I'm 10 miles away from the nearest tower with some hills and my older homebase works for me. Speedtest usually shows 4-5 mbps down and 1 mbps up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    Is there a SAVE or SUBMIT button after you make the changes ??
    No, only an apply button. After talking to an at&t rep, I ended returning the unit for a replacement. Apparently I got a bad unit. So check your guys just in case.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up the new Wireless home internet unit. I added it to my Unlimited plus plan with no issues. I had no issues changing any of the settings.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have looked at the ETF on AT&T site for the home phone and internet device but don't really understand could somebody that know's help my dumb brain figger it out.

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 LastLast