Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    T-Mobile two sector small cell. That's all the equipment. Ericsson mRRUS 12 x 2.

Link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...cial_district/
    Cool. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    No, that site is going to be built. It's just a matter of when.
    Quote Originally Posted by operasam View Post
    Last June VZW along with Sprint, T-Mobile and & AT&T were granted permission by The Village of Ridgewood in northeast NJ (Bergen County) to co locate on a new macro site near Route 17 at 601 Franklin Turnpike in Northeast Ridgewood. This new site is to be a replacement for an old monopole owned by Sprint. The deadline is three months away to take down the old monopole (and a COW that was placed there by AT&T) and complete the new site but work has yet to begin. I wonder if the 130 ft. macro antenna has been scrapped in favor of small cells. We certainly need help in this suburban area 15 miles from Manhattan. Indoor voice coverage is weak and data access is virtually unusable
    Any news on this? The "current" monopole on the site looks much thinner that what was there, & as if there are no panels on/in it ..
    ( unless this is now the just inner "spine" of the old pole having been stripped) ...
    The ATT COW is also still on site so far as well ...
    Also if anyone has updated info on when VZ will start installing panels on the new Midland Ave/Forest ave Paramus site .. still only T mobile on the pole so far .....
    Last edited by MeatChicken; 05-16-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    "I'm All In!"

Feedback Score
    Verizon already has*13,000*small sites deployed, McAdam said, disclosing the total number for the first time, compared to about 60,000 current cell tower sites in its network. But Verizon will be adding in each major city*8,000 to 10,000 more small sites, tiny transmitters that can fit in the palm of a hand and be tacked onto a lamp post or traffic light pole.

http://smallcells.3g4g.co.uk/2017/04...to-5g.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
    Any news on this? The "current" monopole on the site looks much thinner that what was there, & as if there are no panels on/in it ..
    ( unless this is now the just inner "spine" of the old pole having been stripped) ...
    The ATT COW is also still on site so far as well ...
    The current pole is a flagpole which is why there are no panels on it. Not sure when construction will start since the town is difficult to deal with. It's moving, albeit a bit slowly.

Feedback Score

Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    Verizon already has*13,000*small sites deployed, McAdam said, disclosing the total number for the first time, compared to about 60,000 current cell tower sites in its network. But Verizon will be adding in each major city*8,000 to 10,000 more small sites, tiny transmitters that can fit in the palm of a hand and be tacked onto a lamp post or traffic light pole.

http://smallcells.3g4g.co.uk/2017/04...to-5g.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    That's a lot of density . I remember reading an article that Verizon had just over 50k macro sites. I wonder if 60k includes their entire network. If they do 8-10k small cells PER CITY then that would be darn impressive. I'm still concerned about their spectrum portfolio, but we shall see.
    Last edited by Checker79; 05-17-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The 8k-10k number doesn't seem too farfetched either since, down in the trenches, I've seen almost nothing but small cells on the Verizon side for the last year or so and they are coming in waves. Heck as I've mentioned before they're even concentrating on lesser populated areas (50-100K and less) around me and in lots of other areas all around upstate New York. It's quite something what they've been doing and I'm surprised it took a little longer for others to catch up. I know AT&T had to get their other LTE spectrum deployed but for the cost of small cells I can't help but feel Verizon is way ahead at this point purely on the infrastructure side.

Feedback Score
    The 8k-10k number doesn't seem too farfetched either since, down in the trenches, I've seen almost nothing but small cells on the Verizon side for the last year or so and they are coming in waves. Heck as I've mentioned before they're even concentrating on lesser populated areas (50-100K and less) around me and in lots of other areas all around upstate New York. It's quite something what they've been doing and I'm surprised it took a little longer for others to catch up. I know AT&T had to get their other LTE spectrum deployed but for the cost of small cells I can't help but feel Verizon is way ahead at this point purely on the infrastructure side.
    Verizon obviously has big plans acquiring nationwide high band spectrum. It should work in tandem with their small cell network ( as long as its extremely dense). Do you see evidence of them adding more macro sites in your area ?

Feedback Score
    You have seen my posts! They are all over the Binghamton area with more coming online soon.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon obviously has big plans acquiring nationwide high band spectrum. It should work in tandem with their small cell network ( as long as its extremely dense). Do you see evidence of them adding more macro sites in your area ?
    There are some but they're mainly doing full 4x4 MIMO upgrades on top of the small cell deployments. They seem to be using the small cells to fill in the gaps instead of a macro because they're quicker to deploy but I do know of one site going up soon near my parents house which should be nice for that area. I'm still waiting for them to upgrade around my apartment though. The tower probably hasn't been touched in 3-4 years.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1495047483.402279.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  71.2 KB
    Found this small cell in Middletown, CT. I'm guessing Verizon as I'm only getting two bars of LTE on AT&T.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The current pole is a flagpole which is why there are no panels on it. Not sure when construction will start since the town is difficult to deal with. It's moving, albeit a bit slowly.
    Have any updates on the new Midland Ave / Forest Ave Paramus monopole?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple iPhone Xs Max, Apple iPhone X, Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyway to find small cell deployments in Monterey Park, CA 91754? I checked the city's website and can only find listings for cell sites that date back years ago. Nothing recent.

Feedback Score
    New Verizon small cell now up on the south side of Endicott! Pointed right at UE high school. This will improved coverage inside the building and take load off the notoriously congested site 145 sky island drive tower. Didn't have time to get a pic but will in the future. Driving to Maine right now. Out of data for the rest of today but will post speedtest tomorrow.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    New Verizon small cell now up on the south side of Endicott! Pointed right at UE high school. This will improved coverage inside the building and take load off the notoriously congested site 145 sky island drive tower. Didn't have time to get a pic but will in the future. Driving to Maine right now. Out of data for the rest of today but will post speedtest tomorrow.
    Has coverage improved in Maine, NY by chance? I haven't been there since last July.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Has coverage improved in Maine, NY by chance? I haven't been there since last July.
    Iv never has an issue along 26. Verizon works very well back there.

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast