Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Saw this on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin, CT. Would this be a new Verizon small cell? I don’t think it’s AT&T because I wasn’t getting full bars, only a couple bars. But it could’ve been not turned on? Curious?
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post

Saw this on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin, CT. Would this be a new Verizon small cell? I don’t think it’s AT&T because I wasn’t getting full bars, only a couple bars. But it could’ve been not turned on? Curious?
    Yes looks like what crown castle has deployed around here. They are either Verizon or T-Mobile. Check your signal and speeds

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

The shroud housing the RRHs is very Verizony. I would say most likely them.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    The shroud housing the RRHs is very Verizony. I would say most likely them.
    Judging by a bunch of the small cell pics in this thread, I would definitely have to agree.

Feedback Score
    Judging by a bunch of the small cell pics in this thread, I would definitely have to agree.
    How is Verizon doing in Connecticut ?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How is Verizon doing in Connecticut ?
    I use AT&T, but according to some of my Verizon friends they say they have no issues. I think both carriers are pretty much equal with AT&T having a slight edge. T-Mobile is third here. I think SoxFan would be able to answer this question better than I would. I believe he has a Verizon line?

Feedback Score
    I really hope we keep this thread going, especially with B48 popping up, and of course the reallocation of CDMA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score

Verizon recently applied for their first set of small cells here - 10 of them, all in the downtown and university areas.

Meanwhile AT&T’s first small cell here went live last year, and they recently applied for 22 more - scattered around downtown, healthcare, and high-density traffic and housing areas.

Another unknown carrier (likely T-Mobile or Charter/Spectrum via ExteNet) has applied for 4 small cells in 2 high-density housing areas.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Verizon recently applied for their first set of small cells here - 10 of them, all in the downtown and university areas.

Meanwhile AT&T’s first small cell here went live last year, and they recently applied for 22 more - scattered around downtown, healthcare, and high-density traffic and housing areas.

Another unknown carrier (likely T-Mobile or Charter/Spectrum via ExteNet) has applied for 4 small cells in 2 high-density housing areas.

How’s Verizon been holding up in the Reno market?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How’s Verizon been holding up in the Reno market?
    Better than the others. However, even though they have 37% more cell sites than the nearest competitor (AT&T), there are areas and times of bad congestion. Looking forward to small cells and CBRS improving that, yet it’s not happening fast enough.

Feedback Score
    Better than the others. However, even though they have 37% more cell sites than the nearest competitor (AT&T), there are areas and times of bad congestion. Looking forward to small cells and CBRS improving that, yet it’s not happening fast enough.

Hopefully small cell density can overcome their congestion. It’s just their spectrum portfolio is tapped out in so many markets now.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They haven't even property deployed LAA. CBRS will be 2 years away at their snails pace.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    They haven't even property deployed LAA. CBRS will be 2 years away at their snails pace.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app
    I would guess they will move forward with deploying CBRS in lieu of LAA in areas that need capacity. Propagation is much better even at lower power on 3.5 from what I've seen.

It's amazing how many small cells Verizon has here in the urban areas. Not so much out by my house though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know the industry suddenly got quiet with LTE-U / LAA.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score

LAA always seemed like a farce to me. DOA IMHO. Especially given FirstNet, CBRS, C-Band, the acquisition of Sprint, refarming of 850MHz. Interference from WiFi and Radar.

Are there any legitimate maps that detail LAA coverage? Has any carrier deployed any appreciable amount?

My impression is that there’s more 5G millimeter wave coverage than LAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast