Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 852

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

  1. #826
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,423
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0

    Saw this on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin, CT. Would this be a new Verizon small cell? I don’t think it’s AT&T because I wasn’t getting full bars, only a couple bars. But it could’ve been not turned on? Curious?
    Hartford, CT Area

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post

    Saw this on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin, CT. Would this be a new Verizon small cell? I don’t think it’s AT&T because I wasn’t getting full bars, only a couple bars. But it could’ve been not turned on? Curious?
    Yes looks like what crown castle has deployed around here. They are either Verizon or T-Mobile. Check your signal and speeds

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    2,367
    Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post

    Saw this on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin, CT. Would this be a new Verizon small cell? I don’t think it’s AT&T because I wasn’t getting full bars, only a couple bars. But it could’ve been not turned on? Curious?
    The shroud housing the RRHs is very Verizony. I would say most likely them.
    - Bentley



    AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,423
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    The shroud housing the RRHs is very Verizony. I would say most likely them.
    Judging by a bunch of the small cell pics in this thread, I would definitely have to agree.

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Judging by a bunch of the small cell pics in this thread, I would definitely have to agree.
    How is Verizon doing in Connecticut ?

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,423
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How is Verizon doing in Connecticut ?
    I use AT&T, but according to some of my Verizon friends they say they have no issues. I think both carriers are pretty much equal with AT&T having a slight edge. T-Mobile is third here. I think SoxFan would be able to answer this question better than I would. I believe he has a Verizon line?

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    821
    Feedback Score
    0
    I really hope we keep this thread going, especially with B48 popping up, and of course the reallocation of CDMA.

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,119
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

    Verizon recently applied for their first set of small cells here - 10 of them, all in the downtown and university areas.


    Meanwhile AT&T’s first small cell here went live last year, and they recently applied for 22 more - scattered around downtown, healthcare, and high-density traffic and housing areas.


    Another unknown carrier (likely T-Mobile or Charter/Spectrum via ExteNet) has applied for 4 small cells in 2 high-density housing areas.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Verizon recently applied for their first set of small cells here - 10 of them, all in the downtown and university areas.


    Meanwhile AT&T’s first small cell here went live last year, and they recently applied for 22 more - scattered around downtown, healthcare, and high-density traffic and housing areas.


    Another unknown carrier (likely T-Mobile or Charter/Spectrum via ExteNet) has applied for 4 small cells in 2 high-density housing areas.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    How’s Verizon been holding up in the Reno market?

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,119
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How’s Verizon been holding up in the Reno market?
    Better than the others. However, even though they have 37% more cell sites than the nearest competitor (AT&T), there are areas and times of bad congestion. Looking forward to small cells and CBRS improving that, yet it’s not happening fast enough.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Better than the others. However, even though they have 37% more cell sites than the nearest competitor (AT&T), there are areas and times of bad congestion. Looking forward to small cells and CBRS improving that, yet it’s not happening fast enough.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Hopefully small cell density can overcome their congestion. It’s just their spectrum portfolio is tapped out in so many markets now.

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,080
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    They haven't even property deployed LAA. CBRS will be 2 years away at their snails pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Better than the others. However, even though they have 37% more cell sites than the nearest competitor (AT&T), there are areas and times of bad congestion. Looking forward to small cells and CBRS improving that, yet it’s not happening fast enough.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,278
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    They haven't even property deployed LAA. CBRS will be 2 years away at their snails pace.

    Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app
    I would guess they will move forward with deploying CBRS in lieu of LAA in areas that need capacity. Propagation is much better even at lower power on 3.5 from what I've seen.

    It's amazing how many small cells Verizon has here in the urban areas. Not so much out by my house though.

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,242
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know the industry suddenly got quiet with LTE-U / LAA.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

    LAA always seemed like a farce to me. DOA IMHO. Especially given FirstNet, CBRS, C-Band, the acquisition of Sprint, refarming of 850MHz. Interference from WiFi and Radar.

    Are there any legitimate maps that detail LAA coverage? Has any carrier deployed any appreciable amount?

    My impression is that there’s more 5G millimeter wave coverage than LAA.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 12:56 AM
  2. Verizon Small Cell deployment
    By panjun1973 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  4. Verizon T720 Cell Phone Firmware Or Wait?
    By JonathanF in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 12:58 PM
  5. I am taking Verizon small claims court
    By timhorton1998 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2002, 12:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks