Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Verizon Robbing customers by forcing TMP!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,402
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Verizon Robbing customers by forcing TMP!

    So I was Verizon corporate store rep. and very popular in my district known to have one of the best sales numbers yet poor TMP (Total Mobile Protection) number but good TEC Numbers.

    Managers, district managers would coach me to push Total Mobile Protection for $11 or family one for $33. Seriously no one uses Tech coach and pay extra $2 unnecessarily. Instead I will suggest customers to go for WPP ($7.15 on most phones) or TEC (it offers free overnight delivery and extended warranty). If reps. say they don't offer TMP, say openly stop lying, I know TEC & WPP are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,402
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Many reps. & managers would lie that first month your insurance will change to $11 or say the new iPhone 7 plus insurance is going up by $2 to $11 which is blunt lie, they either switch you to Total Mobile Protection and never disclose it to you or they put it for the month and then themselves switch to the TEC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,232
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Used to work for Verizon myself. I totally understand the pain. I was told to tell customers the WPP is only an extended warranty plan even though I very well know it isn't. I've worked for AT&T and Cricket as well. It's all the same. They all want you to lie to customers to get more money out of them. You gotta lie to get a fat paycheck, and I'm a very honest person. Being a sales person in the wireless industry wasn't my thing. I wanted to get into the tech side of it but it's harder to get into.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Totally agree with the both of you. They would always say add it. I had the most feature add ons in my district lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,193
    Feedback Score
    0
    Was looking to consolidate our bills and noticed we were paying AT&T $30 a month for mobile protection for our 4 lines. Was about to cancel it then our son's iPhone 6S plus got stolen pretty much at the same time I was going to cancel.

    Called AT&T and they shipped out an iPhone 6S plus next day air. Of course I had to pay a deductible but it in this case it was worth it to me.

    The cost is $30 a month or $360 a year.

    I'm wondering if there are better options for theft or lost devices that you're able to get a device as quick and painless as I did?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,948
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    I hate to say it but I was slammed by this myself. Got it fixed after several calls.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    2,104
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    With an iPhone 6 going for $200ish on Swappa and knowing a competent repair tech who charges reasonable rates, I don't bother with the insurance scam anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

    iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

    Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

    AT&T Fiber

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,948
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobot View Post
    With an iPhone 6 going for $200ish on Swappa and knowing a competent repair tech who charges reasonable rates, I don't bother with the insurance scam anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a point to drop the insurance. iPhone 6 is just entering that point. There's also the convenience benefit of having a warrantied phone delivered with free overnight shipping. That's valuable for many who don't know how to select devices, or don't have sim-swapping skills.

    I have my iPhone SE 64GB insured. If I only got reimbursed the DPP deal amount, it would not be worth it. But the phone is worth far more than what I paid on a DPP deal. That's why I did the DPP deal in the first place.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    1,402
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Was looking to consolidate our bills and noticed we were paying AT&T $30 a month for mobile protection for our 4 lines. Was about to cancel it then our son's iPhone 6S plus got stolen pretty much at the same time I was going to cancel.

    Called AT&T and they shipped out an iPhone 6S plus next day air. Of course I had to pay a deductible but it in this case it was worth it to me.

    The cost is $30 a month or $360 a year.

    I'm wondering if there are better options for theft or lost devices that you're able to get a device as quick and painless as I did?
    What was the deductible? The way I see it you can buy a used one on swappa for the price of the deductible depending on age. If its stolen its worth it, but if its someting like the screen broken, its overpriced.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,193
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Robbing customers by forcing TMP!

    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    What was the deductible? The way I see it you can buy a used one on swappa for the price of the deductible depending on age. If its stolen its worth it, but if its someting like the screen broken, its overpriced.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Had to pay $165. It was stolen and was shipped another iPhone next day air.

    Let's face it insurance is messed up. But until you need it...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,389
    Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    So I was Verizon corporate store rep. and very popular in my district known to have one of the best sales numbers yet poor TMP (Total Mobile Protection) number but good TEC Numbers.

    Managers, district managers would coach me to push Total Mobile Protection for $11 or family one for $33. Seriously no one uses Tech coach and pay extra $2 unnecessarily. Instead I will suggest customers to go for WPP ($7.15 on most phones) or TEC (it offers free overnight delivery and extended warranty). If reps. say they don't offer TMP, say openly stop lying, I know TEC & WPP are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me all of the add on insurances are a waste of money. For most of the last 20 years I've had 4 lines on my account (3 lines for the past 5 years). During that whole time we've only lost 1 phone and needed two warranty replacements.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    86
    Device(s)
    Samsung Rant (M540)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    So I was Verizon corporate store rep. and very popular in my district known to have one of the best sales numbers yet poor TMP (Total Mobile Protection) number but good TEC Numbers.

    Managers, district managers would coach me to push Total Mobile Protection for $11 or family one for $33. Seriously no one uses Tech coach and pay extra $2 unnecessarily. Instead I will suggest customers to go for WPP ($7.15 on most phones) or TEC (it offers free overnight delivery and extended warranty). If reps. say they don't offer TMP, say openly stop lying, I know TEC & WPP are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you please explain the difference between TMP, TEC and WPP? I honestly don't know the difference.

    Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,337
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I hate insurance... I keep it since I'm on DPP. I have a Note 5 and I dropped and broke it in May. Deductible was $149. A quick search for local screen repair places yielded almost nothing and quotes were as high as $300. Screw that, I went ahead and paid the deductible.

    Sent from Q's Note5

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    Can you please explain the difference between TMP, TEC and WPP? I honestly don't know the difference.

    Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    WPP is just insurance. TEC is insurance and extended insurance. And TMP includes both as well tech coach (extra **** you don't need)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,257
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've never gotten the protection plans and have never needed them. It would pain me to think of all the wasted money I would have spent over the years by maintaining a protection plan. A lot of people need it maybe. YMMV I do agree they push them tho and I always politely decline.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 07:03 PM
  4. Verizon Wireless Customers Get It NowSM
    By joestedman in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2002, 01:49 PM
  5. 25 bonus mins for existing customer by adding company code
    By ppang01 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2002, 10:53 AM

Bookmarks