Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon Robbing customers by forcing TMP!

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    So I was Verizon corporate store rep. and very popular in my district known to have one of the best sales numbers yet poor TMP (Total Mobile Protection) number but good TEC Numbers.

Managers, district managers would coach me to push Total Mobile Protection for $11 or family one for $33. Seriously no one uses Tech coach and pay extra $2 unnecessarily. Instead I will suggest customers to go for WPP ($7.15 on most phones) or TEC (it offers free overnight delivery and extended warranty). If reps. say they don't offer TMP, say openly stop lying, I know TEC & WPP are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which is why I buy my phones online and avoid the verizon stores. Can't stand going into their stores with the BS they try and push on you. Not to mention most time I know more than 90% of reps anyway.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Which is why I buy my phones online and avoid the verizon stores. Can't stand going into their stores with the BS they try and push on you. Not to mention most time I know more than 90% of reps anyway.
    Trying to decide if we really need even TEC or WPP? Two new iPhones and my paid off LG V20.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    Can you please explain the difference between TMP, TEC and WPP? I honestly don't know the difference.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    WPP just covers accidental damage/lost or stolen.

TEC covers what WPP offers plus gives extended warranty and free overnight delivery

TMP offers what TEC offers plus tech coach, it's like dedicated tech support from Asurion, most people don't need TMP but Verizon forces that through reps to add even without customer consent.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    Trying to decide if we really need even TEC or WPP? Two new iPhones and my paid off LG V20.
    I never use the carrier insurance. I am good with my phones, I have bought AppleCare once and never needed it. If you are clumsy with your phones or don't use a case, I can see a case for buying the TEC/WPP. For me it is just a waste of $$

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    You buy anything these days and they generally push some type of protection plan. Just turn it down if you don't want it, not a big deal.

Feedback Score
    while it's true some Verizon corporate store managers and employees will "lie" about such things, it is also partly the customer's fault for not reading EVERYTHING before signing.

do people still buy new cars and not pay attention to the pinstriping or floormat charges that car dealers add on? I recently purchased a new vehicle from a local Mercedes new car dealer. I was horrified when I noticed that they have put on gold pinstriping on a white Mercedes that I ordered.(which I had to wait 4 months before I custom ordered it from Germany) I immediately asked the dealer to remove that change, which they did. Otherwise, I would have been charged $375 for the pinstriping. Yes, THREE-HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE for something so ugly, even a caveman can put on.

Feedback Score
    I buy most our phones with carrier insurance or a third party. Can't remember their name but I think it starts with an f or something lol oh well. In any case we've had lost:stolen phones before and was glad we had insurance. Now I don't have insurance on our note 5 and the newest nexus. 6p? It's so funny and frustrating how I lost my note 5 after dropping kids at school to driving back home and having the phone ran into the house and only went into the living room and kitchen and bam lol lost my phone. Checked and rechecked areas where I went including car and nothing.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Insurance for high end premium phones like iPhone 7/7+ or other branded premium phone TEC or WPP makes sense for couple of months but there is a point where buying replacement same phone is around same as deductible, at that point there is no need.

I'm speaking against policy to sell the most expensive insurance $11 on phones whereas $9 one does the same except tech coach which I have never seen anyone using.

Feedback Score
    buying insurance is definitely worth it for people who drop their
    phones frequently. (not going to name names, but I know people
    who are like that )

with Verizon/Asurion, a replacement phone usually arrive within
    24 hours via FedEx priority overnight. based on my past experiences,
    the phones were either in mint condition or new(because Asurion was
    out of stock of refurbished phones).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2