Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: New phones coming?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,015
    Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk View Post
    New phones here - http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-...ews-and-rumors

    Finally Nokia has emerged from failed "Windows" experiment...
    A little bit on the high side at the rumored price of $699. Especially for an OS that is in supposedly in decline. BTW, Microsoft is supposed to be selling the new Samsung Galaxy, an Android device, on their US stores when it comes out. May be they are trying to tell us something.

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using HoFo mobile app

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    362
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    A little bit on the high side at the rumored price of $699. Especially for an OS that is in supposedly in decline.
    These are not Windows Mobile phones; they're Android. $699 may be, umm, aspirational, but specs may justify that price to some extent and Nokia may still have enough residual goodwill to pull it off.

    Or it will be like cars and hotel rooms, where only those in a world-class rush pay anything like the list price.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,015
    Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh, OK. High price to pay for a phone period! I personally will not pay more than $300 for a phone. LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmn View Post
    These are not Windows Mobile phones; they're Android. $699 may be, umm, aspirational, but specs may justify that price to some extent and Nokia may still have enough residual goodwill to pull it off.

    Or it will be like cars and hotel rooms, where only those in a world-class rush pay anything like the list price.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    102
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks like a Nokia 6 might be in your future http://www.mobilewithprices.com/noki...n-usa-5030.php

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    Oh, OK. High price to pay for a phone period! I personally will not pay more than $300 for a phone. LOL!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,015
    Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk View Post
    Looks like a Nokia 6 might be in your future http://www.mobilewithprices.com/noki...n-usa-5030.php
    Not bad. Hopefully there is a USA/North America version. The one in that link is the Europe/Asia version.

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using HoFo mobile app

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    290
    Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hopefully something can come after the Lumia 650 and 950/950 XL. Those were decent, if not spectacular, Windows Phones.
    Last edited by jboard55; 04-15-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: I meant 950/950 XL, not 900/900 XL.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Feedback Score
    0
    The next phone you see from MS will be Surface Phone. Lumias are sadly dead

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,015
    Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    0
    And it's anyone's guess when the surface phone will arrive. With apps disappearing from the windows market almost weekly, one may need to face the reality. I like my Lumia 650 but rarely use it due to the lack of apps that I need. I use my androids for now, but hoping that things get better on the windows mobile side down the road. I like the windows mobile 10 platform.

    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    The next phone you see from MS will be Surface Phone. Lumias are sadly dead

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    There will be no more windows phone. Nokia is no longer with Microsoft.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,015
    Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well...I would not totally close the door on the possibility of a new windows phone down the road. Even though I know the chances a slim. Considering the market share and the lack of anything happening from microsoft right now. Just too many factors against the possibility of this OS surviving.

    Quote Originally Posted by blameme View Post
    There will be no more windows phone. Nokia is no longer with Microsoft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. where to buy? when are new phones coming?
    By magee_arthur in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2002, 12:46 PM
  2. New phone coming out soon
    By zerokarma in forum Fido
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2002, 02:58 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2002, 03:44 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2002, 11:41 AM
  5. any new phones coming out from fido?
    By thorin in forum Fido
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 10:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks