Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Thread: $20 Unlimited ZTE Mobley LTE Hotspot Setup and Troubleshooting thread

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Which model hotspots do you like? Do any now also support esims?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
    Which model hotspots do you like? Do any now also support esims?
    Depends on how much you want to spend, how much you want the ultimate device, how you want to use it.

I like my ZTE Velocity that I got as a refurb for $30. I get 2-10 Mbps on it at home and can use it for basic home Internet if the cable or electric is down. I have seen as fast as 28 Mbps on it in other locations, so the speed is more about the AT&T signal and provisioning in a location than the Velocity itself.

We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade while driving to the fambly gathering with it.

If my only choice was $100-$200 for a newer, more capable device, I would just use the Mobley.

I don't know about eSIMs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I had the Mobley plan a year and a half ago. I tried connected car to get it reactivated. They said they can reactivate. I was going to put the SIM back into a Nighthawk like I had before. Any ideas or luck getting an account reactivated?

If not what should I do, order a new device? Harmon Spark, but is that eSIM or does it come with a SIM card? Any help would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UCBearcats1125 View Post
    I had the Mobley plan a year and a half ago. I tried connected car to get it reactivated. They said they can reactivate. I was going to put the SIM back into a Nighthawk like I had before. Any ideas or luck getting an account reactivated?

If not what should I do, order a new device? Harmon Spark, but is that eSIM or does it come with a SIM card? Any help would be appreciated
    Not much has been posted about the Harmon Spark. I looked into it a while ago and it appears that it is intended to be locked into being plugged into a car to operate - "Telematics Required". It also appeared to require that you run their app on a phone to work.

There are a few adapters on eBay that claim to run it by emulating being connected to a car.

The Mobley does not communicate with the car. The only thing it does in the OBD port is get power.

IIRC, the TOS does not allow the Spark SIM to be used in a different device.

Feedback Score

AT&T Upgrades

I have two of the $20 unlimited lines. For most of the year my speed have been 20 up to 30 Mbps. In the past few weeks it has been in the 50 to 60 Mbps range. Does that necessarily mean that they are done upgrading whatever tower I am connected to and those are the fastest speeds I will get or is possible they might do some additional updates that will result in even faster speeds?

For the record, I am not complaining, I am just asking. I am very thankful for the speeds I am getting right now.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I have two of the $20 unlimited lines. For most of the year my speed have been 20 up to 30 Mbps. In the past few weeks it has been in the 50 to 60 Mbps range. Does that necessarily mean that they are done upgrading whatever tower I am connected to and those are the fastest speeds I will get or is possible they might do some additional updates that will result in even faster speeds?

For the record, I am not complaining, I am just asking. I am very thankful for the speeds I am getting right now.
    I'm guessing that 99% of people don't know. And the 1% that do know cannot tell you without risking their jobs.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65