Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a bill for the new unlimited $80 plan? Any hidden fees?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Anyone got a bill for the new unlimited $80 plan? Any hidden fees?

I am just exploring my options with Verizon and T-Mobile and wanted to know if that $80 plan comes with some hidden fees and other surprises. If someone got a bill please let me know. The T-Mobile offers $75 all included even tax (the rep told me). The Verizon's plan is $80 plus tax. And of you got anything to say about how these two stand against each other, also please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by sororo; 02-20-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Let's go unlimited!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sororo View Post
    I am just exploring my options with Verizon and T-Mobile and wanted to know if that $80 plan comes with some hidden fees and other surprises. If someone got a bill please let me know. The T-Mobile offers $75 all included even tax (the rep told me). The Verizon's plan is $80 plus tax. And of you got anything to say about how these two stand against each other, also please let me know. Actually I see a similar thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...bill-look-like
    You are charged taxes on the $60 portion. Taxes and fees vary bases on where you live. I paid $7.22 on a $34 plan, so on a $60 plan that would probably be less than $10 or $12.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got mine for 4 lines (3 phones and one jetpack). Now, it is 20 per line, and the two new phones we got for trades is included with my bill and activations which haven't been credited yet, which the store is supposed to do either Monday or Tuesday. But mine was $411 first bill.

Surcharges

Fed Universal Service Charge $6.56
    Regulatory Charge $0.65
    Administrative Charge $3.75
    TX Franchise Surchg $0.86
    Texas Universal Service $4.76
    $16.58

Taxes and government fees

TX State 911 Fee $1.50
    TX Equalization Surcharge $0.18
    TX State Sales Tax-Telco $12.26
    TX State Sales Tax $6.59
    Abilene City Sales Tax-Telecom $3.94
    Abilene City Sales Tax $2.09
    $26.56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    I got mine for 4 lines (3 phones and one jetpack). Now, it is 20 per line, and the two new phones we got for trades is included with my bill and activations which haven't been credited yet, which the store is supposed to do either Monday or Tuesday. But mine was $411 first bill.

Surcharges

Fed Universal Service Charge $6.56
    Regulatory Charge $0.65
    Administrative Charge $3.75
    TX Franchise Surchg $0.86
    Texas Universal Service $4.76
    $16.58

TX State 911 Fee $1.50
    TX Equalization Surcharge $0.18
    TX State Sales Tax-Telco $12.26
    TX State Sales Tax $6.59
    Abilene City Sales Tax-Telecom $3.94
    Abilene City Sales Tax $2.09
    $26.56
    WOW!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    $82.51 monthly charges (due to prorating)
    Fed Universal Service Charge .18
    Regulatory Charge .21
    Administrative Charge 1.23
    $1.62
    Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees+
    IL State 911 Fee .87
    IL Telecom Relay Srvc Fee .02
    IL State Telecom Excise Tax .80
    Lockport MTT .25
    $1.94

EDIT: This is for one line with autopay discount

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got my first bill for it, $145.51 (including my DPP and activation fee)

Taxes/fees breakdown to this:

Surcharges
    Fed Universal Service Charge $1.62
    Regulatory Charge $0.21
    Administrative Charge $1.23
    CO High Cost Fund Surchg $0.88
    $3.94

CO Telecom Relay Srvc Surchg $0.05
    Westmins/Jeff. Cnty 911 Surchg $0.70
    CO State Sales Tax $1.37
    Adams Cnty Sales Tax $0.36
    Westminster City Sales Tax $1.82
    Local Rtd Spd Tax $0.48
    Local CD Spd Tax $0.04
    $4.82

A little over $8 in taxes/fees here, not as bad as I was expecting, to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Your taxes and fees are based on the "service address" of your lines. This is different than your billing address and can be set in the profile section on the my verizon site. Setting it to an address in Oregon will result in under $5 in total taxes as they have the lowest cell phone taxes in the country. Your service address is supposed to be where you think you will primarily use your service. Perhaps you think you might move to Oregon for the majority of this year...

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Please do not encourage fraud. If you use your service primarily in a location, set that location as your service address. Discussion of where to intentionally move the service address, is encouraging fraud.

Pay your taxes. If you don't like taxes or regulations, do what I do and get involved in changing them. In the past few months, California Department of Energy changed a regulation, based solely on my comment asking them to change it. I was the only person (in the entire state) that commented on that part of proposed regulation.

Get involved, don't be evil.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    No bill yet, but super surprised to find an employee discount on the autopay portion of estimated billing. An extra 5 bucks for a single line, so $10 total, just like a shared line. Not a lot but I'll take whatever I can get. $75 before taxes

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Please do not encourage fraud. If you use your service primarily in a location, set that location as your service address. Discussion of where to intentionally move the service address, is encouraging fraud.

Pay your taxes. If you don't like taxes or regulations, do what I do and get involved in changing them. In the past few months, California Department of Energy changed a regulation, based solely on my comment asking them to change it. I was the only person (in the entire state) that commented on that part of proposed regulation.

Get involved, don't be evil.
    Wow, I'd like to know more about that.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Wow, I'd like to know more about that.
    Technically it was for work, but I did it on my own time. DOE in California passed new energy requirements for PCs and PC-like devices. They were only going to exempt people who made 50 PCs or less per year, which put mom-and-pop PC builders, and IoT startups at huge risk. If we made more than 50 devices, we could have to get them certified.

Cert costs start a $500 and go up to $5,000 - per configuration (and that's assuming no mistakes, no retests, or product changes).

It also made any PC-like startup on Kickstarter illegal in California, unless you moved out of state or ate the cost out of your precious few dollars. Imagine a Kickstarter maker telling people they need more money because of an energy test, only specific to CA.

I sent in a comment objecting, and they expanded the small manufacturer exception with a revenue cap - I forget the amount, but it is in the seven figures. At that point, you have venture backing and can afford the test lab fees.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys all who posted their bill here. Besides all those murky surcharges which clearly vary by state, I wanted to mention those charges that we pay on top of activation fee that is $30 at the moment. So, this surcharge masquerades under the name: "Smartphone line access" and varies from $4.29 to $18.57. This is supposedly one time surcharge when you add a new line and I added three lines and I notices these on top of the activation fees. If anyone got the scoop, dish please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sororo View Post
    Thanks guys all who posted their bill here. Besides all those murky surcharges which clearly vary by state, I wanted to mention those charges that we pay on top of activation fee that is $30 at the moment. So, this surcharge masquerades under the name: "Smartphone line access" and varies from $4.29 to $18.57. This is supposedly one time surcharge when you add a new line and I added three lines and I notices these on top of the activation fees. If anyone got the scoop, dish please.
    Smartphone line access is your $20 for the line. On a single line plan the account level is $65 or $60 with Auto Pay and the line is $20. If you also see line access for a different amount on top of the $20 it's a prorated amount for the first partial month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're switching I'd recommend doing it online and moving it to your next month's billing to avoid the in-month partial billing as described above. Also taxes and fees aren't any sort of surcharge and I wouldn't consider them hidden simply because all carrier plans are forced to pay those same amounts unless you're on T-Mobile where they eat up those charges.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In Massachusetts my bill is (for the first month of unlimited)...

Phone Plan Charges:
    2 Lines $110.00 - $10.00 (AUTOPAY DISC) = $100.00
    2 Line Access Fees @ $20.00 each = $40.00
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Total $140.00

One Time Charges:
    I had a $20.00 account credit from prior month billing issue = -$21.25
    I had a partial charge for mid month switch = $6.50
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total -$14.75

Surcharges:
    Fed Universal Service Charge = $0.42
    Regulatory Charge = $0.42
    Administrative Charge = $2.46
    ---------------------------------------
    Total $3.30

MA DA E911 Srvc Surchg = $2.00
    MA State Sales Tax = $1.12
    --------------------------------------
    Total $3.12