Feedback Score

iPhone Blocked Contact Question

I'm wondering if I'm blocked or if Call Forwards/or DND is turned on.

When I call it goes directly to VM.
    When I call using a completely different number it goes to VM

For both scenarios above, it does not ring it goes directly to VM (No 1 ring)

Also, I have Find Friends setup with this person and we both see each others whereabouts just fine. So no issue there.

When I send an iMessage it's in blue showing delivered (however this can be misleading I know)

Question is given above, I'm I blocked or is Call Fwd or DND turned on given I use several different numbers and goes directly to VM without any ring?

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The person may have a Wi-Fi connection for iMessages but no cellular connection for voice. With conditional call forwarding, there is no ringing if the telephone is unreachable. The call goes straight to voicemail. Does your correspondent have Wi-Fi calling? Do not disturb just turns off the ringer on the called telephone. Call blocking goes to voicemail. Call blocking also turns off messaging.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I know this person has both cellular and wi-fi connection in a major metro city, so connectivity wise I believe they are connected. I'm not sure about conditional call forwarding, first time I heard about that but the fact I used different number still goes to VM.

For Call Blocking (aka Blocked Contact), I'm not sure I'm blocked if we both have Find Friends working just fine.

Do you believe it's just call forwarding turned on instead given the above?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When a telephone number is entered in the Call Forwarding field in iPhone Settings, it replaces the hidden number for voicemail. You cannot use call forwarding and the carrier's voicemail at the same time. Find My Friends is a data application and does not depend upon a cellular voice connection. The best way to diagnose this situation is to have both telephones at the same location so that you can troubleshoot the problems, if possible.

What happens when the other person calls you?

Feedback Score
    We've actually set the call forwarding number to the carriers voice mail awhile back and worked, so that was my hunch maybe it's that.

I have not yet received a call from the other person, as I have been trying to contact them but could not.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When you put a number in the call forwarding field on the iPhone, you turn on unconditional (Immediate) call forwarding. The field should be blank to make voicemail work conditionally (Delayed). The carrier profile sets up voicemail. No user configuration is necessary.

These instructions work for T-Mobile and AT&T Mobility iPhones: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31035
    Last edited by efparri; 02-21-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Phone
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Consider completely deleting the contact of the person in question and then re-entering it from scratch, manually. I have heard (and experienced) some contacts just not accepting all forms of communication like they should. Deleting/re-entering the contact has fixed it for me.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

iPhone Blocked Contact Question

If the call either goes to the telephone called or that number's voicemail, everything on the calling telephone is correct. The problem is on the receiving end. As stated in my reply above, the call forwarding instructions in the called telephone are incorrect.
    Last edited by efparri; 02-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.