Thread: Need help picking a phone that works on "Freedom"..

Device(s)
    BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Question Need help picking a phone that works on "Freedom"..

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a new phone and would like to know if it will work with Freedom.

1st OUKITEL U15S
    2nd Umi Plus 4G
    3rd ASUS Zenfone 2 Deluxe
    4th Elephone P9000
    5th Elephone S7

What other one do you think is better

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    None of the above will work on Freedom. I guess with freedom one thing you don't have freedom to do is buy just any phone. lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the super View Post
    None of the above will work on Freedom. I guess with freedom one thing you don't have freedom to do is buy just any phone. lol
    Wrong. I used 3 Zenfones on Freedom. All of them work, but the regular Zenfone 2 if it's either the ZE551KL or ZE551ML will work. I don't think the Deluxe version will work. The ZE552KL variant of the Zenfone 3 will work on Freedom, if you buy it at Staples and not online. I can also refute your post very easily. Since the ZE551ML is hard to find unless you go online to look, my suggestion is to get the Zenfone 3 instead.

If the OP is talking about the 4/128 or 4/256 versions of the ZE551ML, then it probably won't work and we don't need him buying something that won't work on Freedom. The 4/64 version will work. Because I've used it myself.

A good guide is here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Other-Carrier)

I used this guide when deciding to replace my ZE551ML. But I will say this, the Intel variants of the ZE551ML, are known battery hogs, despite the review on here. One of the reasons I replaced it, was because of that. My suggestion is to get a ZE551KL if you can find it, or the ZE552KL.

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/LOS14.1
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The ZenPhone 2 Laser (ZE551KL, different from the ZenPhone 2) works with Freedom, with the exception of Band 66 LTE. (We used this device on Wind before moving to Public last fall.)

Another good site to check devices is http://willmyphonework.net/.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    The ZenPhone 2 Laser (ZE551KL, different from the ZenPhone 2) works with Freedom, with the exception of Band 66 LTE. (We used this device on Wind before moving to Public last fall.)

Another good site to check devices is http://willmyphonework.net/.
    Usually good, but if he uses the 4/64 version of the ZE551ML, it'll work on Freedom. That's why I put that in.

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/LOS14.1
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    Usually good, but if he uses the 4/64 version of the ZE551ML, it'll work on Freedom. That's why I put that in.
    Yes, I just wanted to differentiate between the KL (ZF2 Laser) and the ML (ZF2) which are quite different. The ML is an Intel device.

Sent from my mobile

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I do believe he said zenfone 2 deluxe which will not work so I believe that makes me right. I too was on Wind until fairly recently, and I too had an Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and it too worked, but that wasn't what the OP asked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    KL has an S615 in it, and the battery can get you through the day with moderate use. The 551ML uses the Intel chipset and will not be able to get you through the day. Battery life is horrendous in it (when I had it, I had my charger here at work). My ZE552KL, uses an S625 in it. Even with moderate use, it can last me at least 12-16 hours before I have to charge it. My suggestion is to get the ZE552KL (4/64). It's alot newer, but get a case for it, because it's one slippery beast.

Since the release of the Zenfone 3, you can still pick up the ZE551KL or ZE551ML if you look.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    He asked if it would work. Having the 4/64 version of the ZE551ML, that will work. The 4/128 and 4/256's will not as far as I know. There's at least 4 different variations on it. 32, 64, 128 and 256. All come with 4GB of RAM. I'm not even sure if the 32 will work.

You are right. But so the OP is not discouraged, I put that down. No harm, no foul. And they all use that ****** Intel SoC. I still say get the ZE552KL, but not online. Go to Staples or something and get it. I got mine from there (all 3 of my Zenfones came from there) and they all work.
    Last edited by Driver8666; 02-23-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    He asked if it would work. Having the 4/64 version of the ZE551ML, that will work. The 4/128 and 4/256's will not as far as I know. There's at least 4 different variations on it. 32, 64, 128 and 256. All come with 4GB of RAM. I'm not even sure if the 32 will work.

You are right. But so the OP is not discouraged, I put that down. No harm, no foul. And they all use that ****** Intel SoC. I still say get the ZE552KL, but not online. Go to Staples or something and get it. I got mine from there (all 3 of my Zenfones came from there) and they all work.
    I have a Zenfone 3 Laser that I could try on Wind (son's account) before I try to sell it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmd View Post
    I have a Zenfone 3 Laser that I could try on Wind (son's account) before I try to sell it.
    That will work, but only if you have the version that's sold at Staples. If you bought it at Canada Computers, from what I was told by the staff there, it's missing Band 4. I don't know about newegg or NCIX, but if you got it at Staples, it'll work.

But why get rid of it? If it's because of that LTE thing, I can and can't see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the super View Post
    Funny! And true.