Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ic902 re-activation..??

Feedback Score

ic902 re-activation..??

i know this phone is OLD and out-dated but it did work on the sprint cdma network when i had it active back in 2013.. I went to the store and they said no they cannot reactivate it because its not a smartphone and they only activate smart phones .. (how pathetic is that) and NO i DO NOT want or need a smart phone, i just need a phone to make calls…
    So i am here to see if any of you may have some tricks to possibly get this phone turned back on.. If NOT, then oh well..

Feedback Score
    That's an iDEN phone. The iDEN network was shut down in 2013.

Feedback Score

ic902 re-activation..??

I thought this was an international Nextel phone, but it was an iDen CDMA Hybrid marketed as the Buzz. Not sure why Sprint couldn't activate it on 1900 though.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think the system required an ICCID and for it to be active on the iDEN side too.

You'd also be essentially limited to the Sprint native network because that phone does not have 850MHz roaming capability.

I would look on eBay for a phone like the Kyocera DuraXT. It's a flip phone but supports all their CDMA bands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    yes this i know which us why i had it up to 2013

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    i know this phone is OLD and out-dated but it did work on the sprint cdma network when i had it active back in 2013.. I went to the store and they said no they cannot reactivate it because its not a smartphone and they only activate smart phones .. (how pathetic is that) and NO i DO NOT want or need a smart phone, i just need a phone to make calls…
    So i am here to see if any of you may have some tricks to possibly get this phone turned back on.. If NOT, then oh well..

Because it also needs to register on the iDen network, it will no longer work in the billing system.

Go online and grab ANY sprint branded phone (I still use a Sanyo 8200 - super old but best RF i've ever gotten on a Sprint phone)
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Because it also needs to register on the iDen network, it will no longer work in the billing system.

Go online and grab ANY sprint branded phone (I still use a Sanyo 8200 - super old but best RF i've ever gotten on a Sprint phone)
    Well that makes sense and thanks for clearing that up for me .. That sales rep must have been new and didn't know too much about the phone OR didn't want to activate it for me and wanted me to activate a smartphone which I don't care to have ..
    Guessing that 8200 you are talking about does not run on a sim chip because this ic902 does have a sim chip for whatever reason ... I know in the past the sprint CDMA phones did not have sim chips .
    I was thinking of getting a newer type basic phone that does require a sim chip.. Like the duraxtp .. Activating it then swapping out the sim into this ic902 but I'm going to guess that it will
    Not work ..
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Well that makes sense and thanks for clearing that up for me .. That sales rep must have been new and didn't know too much about the phone OR didn't want to activate it for me and wanted me to activate a smartphone which I don't care to have ..
    Guessing that 8200 you are talking about does not run on a sim chip because this ic902 does have a sim chip for whatever reason ... I know in the past the sprint CDMA phones did not have sim chips .
    I was thinking of getting a newer type basic phone that does require a sim chip.. Like the duraxtp .. Activating it then swapping out the sim into this ic902 but I'm going to guess that it will
    Not work ..
    No it won't work. The sim chip in the ic902 is for the iden side of the device. Old Nextel devices took sim cards.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Not work ..
    Nope... SIM card in that phone was iDen ONLY

I just use old non-SIM based flip phones for use. As long as it's tri-mode it'll work fine, and the older Sprint phones you could force roaming from the settings if need be.

Feedback Score
    While we are on this subject, did anyone ever get a "Nextel Worldwide" phone to accept a US based GSM Carrier Sim, like the i920 or i2000 plus running on T-mobile?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    While we are on this subject, did anyone ever get a "Nextel Worldwide" phone to accept a US based GSM Carrier Sim, like the i920 or i2000 plus running on T-mobile?
    The i920 I got running on T-Mobile back in 2006 or so

It ran terrible and was limited to GPRS if I recall

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ic902 re-activation..??

Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    It's actually a hybrid phone.

CDMA for voice and data and IDEN for PTT.

Too bad it can't be configured to just just run on the CDMA side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ic902 re-activation..??

Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post

Duplicate post deleted
    Duplicate post deleted

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Too bad it can't be configured to just just run on the CDMA side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    i agree with you 100% .. i really liked that phone and enjoyed it, too bad i had to leave it in 2013 :-( It was one of the few nextel phones i really liked

Im guessing the phone was designed to work using both networks at the same time and will not work independently which is the bad part of motorola's behalf...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    i agree with you 100% .. i really liked that phone and enjoyed it, too bad i had to leave it in 2013 :-( It was one of the few nextel phones i really liked

Im guessing the phone was designed to work using both networks at the same time and will not work independently which is the bad part of motorola's behalf...
    Well and i can imagine it looking for iDen networks occasionally can not be good for the LTE devices around it either

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast