Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ic902 re-activation..??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well and i can imagine it looking for iDen networks occasionally can not be good for the LTE devices around it either
    I am going to assume its due to the bands that iden used vs the currect bands that lte run on now ??

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well and i can imagine it looking for iDen networks occasionally can not be good for the LTE devices around it either
    Meh. Southern Linc is running LTE and iDEN on SMR with no problem. Scanning shouldn't have an adverse affect on other devices.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Meh. Southern Linc is running LTE and iDEN on SMR with no problem. Scanning shouldn't have an adverse affect on other devices.
    Except for in non SoLink areas, the iDen phone is going to scan ALL SMR frequency, and cause interference.

SoLink has also most likely sent an update to their iDen phones to update them on where to look.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bought a lot of ic402 phones intending to use them for directalk but could never get past the 'In Progress' message on screen. As a test I activated one on Eco mobile which they accepted without a problem and the best I could do was get the voice mail indicator to appear. Ended up trading 10 of them to RadioShack to at least recoup the cost of the lot.

Later on I spotted an ic502 with screenshots already in the main menu but when I received the phone the SIM card was not included.

If your ic902 can go to the main menu then that is already a major accomplishment. Next step would be to try and activate with an MVNO then updating the new MDN and MIN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I bought a lot of ic402 phones intending to use them for directalk but could never get past the 'In Progress' message on screen.
    I bought 3 of the i365 IDEN phones for the same purpose. I just had to buy a few SIM cards (on eBay) to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As a test I activated one on Eco mobile which they accepted without a problem and the best I could do was get the voice mail indicator to appear. Ended up trading 10 of them to RadioShack to at least recoup the cost of the lot.

If your ic902 can go to the main menu then that is already a major accomplishment. Next step would be to try and activate with an MVNO then updating the new MDN and MIN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Mine does go to the main menu & allows me to call sprint via 611.... ONLY with the old nextel sim inserted, if i try to power it up without that sim chip it will not get to the main menu... it tells me to insert the sim chip

So Eco Mobile allowed you to activate that phone with no issue..?? I may want to give them a shot

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    Except for in non SoLink areas, the iDen phone is going to scan ALL SMR frequency, and cause interference.

SoLink has also most likely sent an update to their iDen phones to update them on where to look.
    Incorrect.

Scanning causes no transmission.

Feedback Score
    As a test I activated one on Eco mobile which they accepted without a problem and the best I could do was get the voice mail indicator to appear.
    SO i called Eco Mobile and they accepted my ic902.. which is great but all went sour when they had me enter in my new MDN & MIN.. after i put in the new MDN & MIN.. i hit accept for the phone to reboot.. It did reboot, then i got a screen saying Initial Registration in Progress, This may take several minutes… Thats when it got stuck there and would not do anything else and its been 24 hrs… I let it set for over an hour and nothing… Powered it down and powered it back up, same screen…. If i remove the sim it will not even get to that screen, it will only boot up IF the sim chip is in.. But once its ON.. that screen comes back and can’t get it off or it won’t continue….
    My question is the phone STUCK now..?? Is it a paperweight now..??

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    My question is the phone STUCK now..?? Is it a paperweight now..??
    With all the excitement of possibly getting the phone working again it can be easy to make mistakes that could be prevented is a more careful approach was made.
    I feel guilty for not doing more research into looking up the consequences of reprogramming an already active phone through the menu instead of externally through QPST or DFS before making my previous post. There is a thread on here that made it clear what could happen if the phone was reprogrammed from the menu instead of using software. The best I can think of is putting the previous MDN and MIN to hopefully restore functionality.

Feedback Score
    With all the excitement of possibly getting the phone working again it can be easy to make mistakes that could be prevented is a more careful approach was made.
    I feel guilty for not doing more research into looking up the consequences of reprogramming an already active phone through the menu instead of externally through QPST or DFS before making my previous post. There is a thread on here that made it clear what could happen if the phone was reprogrammed from the menu instead of using software. The best I can think of is putting the previous MDN and MIN to hopefully restore functionality.
    Its fuuny because when i got this ic902 activated the 1st time thru sprint, he did the same exact setup... He punched in the imei dec # into the system, it accepted, it created the account, it then gave him the new tn and some other #, he went into the phone and hit ##????# and went into the menu and punched it the new phn # with that other # he had, the phn rebooted and got the same message, initial registration is progress, may take a few minutes and within 3 minutes it accpeted and it was all done... THE SAME METHOD that eco mobile just did with me... except this time it did not work. And i remember this soo well because he showed me step by step what he was doing and explained to me how the process works...
    from other web sites i have been looking thru, i have been reading that this ic902 primarily is looking for that nextel network to accept its sim chip 1st, then it will look for the cdma network... so if it does not see that nextel network it will not allow you to continue to program thru cdma...
    But its funny that this phn has been oos since 2014 long after nextel was shut down, i had it working thru sprint for about 10 months after nextel shut down.. then in late 2014 i had the svc shut off...
    So before trying to get it activated thru sprint again i powered it up and i got to the main menu and was able to call 611 and get a sprint message..
    now since trying to reprogram it thru eco mobile and changing the mdn and min, its now stuck in the registration mode... so i called eco mobile and they have to transfer me to higher tech support and at that time they say the wait is soo long and that they would call me back but they never do... i have tried to call them 4 times and get the same answer from them... "the tech support dept is backed up, the wait time is too long, we will call you back"... yea well they told me this 4 times....
    it really does not matter because the phone was not is svc so i am not loosing anything, i just would really like to get this phone back in svc even if i have to go to another mnvo to get it activated.. if no other mnvo will accept it, then i will have to get another phone and deal with it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2