Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mercury is the KEYone

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score

Mercury is the KEYone

MWC 2017 - Blackberry KEYone Hands-on
    GSMArena Feb 26

• 149 x 72.4 x 9.4mm, with an anodized aluminum frame and soft-touch fabric on the back
    • 4.5-inch, 1620x1080 pixel, IPS LCD touchscreen display; 434 ppi; Gorilla Glass 4 protection
    • Capacitive touch 4-row BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard; Fingerprint reader in the space button and 52 key shortcut support
    • Stereo speakers; 3.5mm audio jack
    • Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53); Adreno 506; 3GB RAM
    • 32GB on-board storage; microSD card slot
    • 12 MP, f/2.0, 1.55 μm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash; [email protected] video recording
    • 8MP, 1.125 μm, 84 degree wide selfie camera
    • Android 7.1.1 Nougat with DTEK and BlackBerry software suite
    • 3,505 mAh battery; Quick Charge 3.0
    • Cat. 9 LTE support; Dual-band 802.11 a/g/b/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; GPS; NFC; FM Radio; USB Type-C with OTG

€599 / $549 USD
    April release expected.

Last edited by pjw918; 02-26-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's quite pricey at about $720 once the wholesale exchange rate is taken into account, but then, of course you have to add the typical Rogers/Bell/Telus additional mark-up, it wouldn't surprise me if this thing retails for $749-$799 CDN (Note how TCL quoted max MSRPs for Europe, UK and US but not for Canada). Telus is the first to confirm they'll be carrying it, I wonder who else will?

I'm not convinced by this device yet. I need to get my hands on one before I decide if I'm going to jump on the KEYone or buy one of the last remaining Passports before it's too late.

Incidentally to WIND/Freedom subs; there's no Band 66 so it won't work on that carrier's LTE network.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The look has grown on me but I think the price is higher than what I like.
    If the launch price is $650 like DTEK60, I'd jump on it. Anything more and I'd have to think about it.
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It's probably a fine device but I'm tired of being burned by BlackBerry. They dumped the Classic like a bad habit. SMH.

The fit and finish as shown in the visuals looks quite nice and probably high quality, but I can't spend that kind of coin again on something that will most likely stop getting firmware/OS updates well before it's age has passed. Price will have to come down a lot, or they need to have a more afforable entry level to prove to us they're in it for the long haul.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been using iPhones for years now, but I'm starting to feel the tug of BlackBerry again... Is the battery removable, or has even BlackBerry stopped doing this?

My backup/change-of-pace phone is a BlackBerry 9730. I will NEVER be completely over BlackBerry.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I've been using iPhones for years now, but I'm starting to feel the tug of BlackBerry again... Is the battery removable, or has even BlackBerry stopped doing this?

My backup/change-of-pace phone is a BlackBerry 9730. I will NEVER be completely over BlackBerry.
    The battery on my Classic was not removable. I doubt this one is either.

--Kidd

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    It's quite pricey at about $720 once the wholesale exchange rate is taken into account, but then, of course you have to add the typical Rogers/Bell/Telus additional mark-up, it wouldn't surprise me if this thing retails for $749-$799 CDN (Note how TCL quoted max MSRPs for Europe, UK and US but not for Canada). Telus is the first to confirm they'll be carrying it, I wonder who else will?

I'm not convinced by this device yet. I need to get my hands on one before I decide if I'm going to jump on the KEYone or buy one of the last remaining Passports before it's too late.

Incidentally to WIND/Freedom subs; there's no Band 66 so it won't work on that carrier's LTE network.
    Priv was actually launched with a markdown, outright was $799 in the carriers, meanwhile it sold for $829 direct from BlackBerry.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Priv was actually launched with a markdown, outright was $799 in the carriers, meanwhile it sold for $829 direct from BlackBerry.
    But the carrier version also didn't have wireless charging.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz123 View Post
    But the carrier version also didn't have wireless charging.
    I'm still leaning towards because of the radio design. That version supports more global LTE bands.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm still leaning towards because of the radio design. That version supports more global LTE bands.
    Oh... cool, didn't know that the radio bands were different as well.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    hmmmm...interesting.
    That being said, I'm thinking about replacing both the Passport and Samsung S7 and I think this will fit the bill.
    I think I will keep the Classic because its compact design. I like the keyboard design of this better than the Priv...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I am pretty much diehard bb10 and with my PPSE. However this phone looks pretty cool. Price makes me choke but it's far better than the Priv so maybe I will get one. Difficult to justify two phones but......
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I like the BB10 UI.
    It's mainly the Hub on the BB10 which separates my work and personal emails.
    I took the Priv for a test spin and it seems the Hub doesn't do this and combines your different email accounts under one Hub. Kind of annoying when you do not want emails from different accounts mixed together.

Feedback Score
    Hi
    If you thought the BlackBerry Mercury had a bit of a codename vibe to it, you weren’t wrong. Today at Mobile World Congress, TCL officially took the wraps of its first true BlackBerry handset, now going by the admittedly less sleek KeyOne (pronounced “key one,”) name. Though I suppose when your company is attempting to plant its flag firmly in the world of enterprise, sexy probably isn’t the main thing you’re looking for in a name.

The device looks much the same as it did when we saw it at CES, back when it shared a name with a Roman messenger god, small planet and element/poisoning you get from consuming too much seafood. TCL’s clearly gone out of its way to create something iconic that fits squarely with what most of think of when we think of BlackBerry.

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I want to like this phone, but the 3:2 aspect ratio throws me off.. I miss the old blackberry PKBs so much though..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast