Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mercury is the KEYone

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slumdog View Post
    I want to like this phone, but the 3:2 aspect ratio throws me off.. I miss the old blackberry PKBs so much though..
    Agreed it's a bit of a weird ratio but it isn't as initially jarring as the 1:1 ratio of the Passport, I think I could get used to it quickly.

But, I'm not getting one. Call me old school, stubborn, what ever but I'm sticking to BB10 for the time being. There are plenty of new Passports out there and a few Leaps if necessary but I love that OS; it's logical, simple, efficient and gets everything I need to do done. As for apps, BlackBerry World is still leaps and bounds ahead of Microsoft Store (I have a Lumia 650 as a backup) and has pretty much everything I need; what it's missing I can get from Google Store via Cobalt. I'm not so stuck-in-the-mud as to realise the time is quickly approaching I'll have to make the switch in OSes, but for the time being I'm staying right where I'm comfortable
    Last edited by Mann Incognito; 05-01-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    GSMArena review of the KEYone
    May 29

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It looks very nice, and a well rounded package. The loud speaker issue is somewhat concerning for a business device - I remember depending on my BlackBerry's speakerphone for a great teleconferencing experience many years. If they let that slide, that's not good. As the reviewer points out, the CPU never was a BlackBerry's priority and that's okay with this one.

Hope to hear more real-world experiences after it launches...

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    BlackBerry KEYone sold out online in US
    GSMArena May 31

...At the same time, Cistulli [President TCL NA] admits customers are unable to get their hands on the KEYone as they are apparently flying off the store shelves. In fact, Amazon is already sold out of the KEYone in both CDMA and GSM flavors. The KEYone now holds the “#1 Best Seller” label in Amazon USA for unlocked cellphones.

Best Buy is also sold out of the KEYone on its website, leaving the only stock available in “select" Best Buy stores. If you are still trying to get your hands on a KEYone, calling a couple of your local Best Buy stores couldn’t hurt.

BlackBerry has already seen huge demand in Canada as the KEYone became the highest pre-ordered BlackBerry ever at Rogers before it launched. Things are looking good for BlackBerry and TCL’s future.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone here activated the keyone on Verizon yet? I want to make sure everything works before I buy an unlocked version

Sent from my STV100-2 using HoFo mobile app
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The only interesting factoid was Amazon's best selling unlocked device. If it's pretty much one of only a couple of methods the device can be purchased then I can see how it could reach such levels. Most folks buy devices from the cell carrier, or a retailer rather than unlocked on Amazon. The other sold out markets could be due to intentionally constrained supply availability. Nintendo has done this time and again by producing far fewer devices than they are technically capable of, but instead do it to regulate the flow into the market. A "Sold Out" sign actually creates artificial demand due to a feeling of exclusivity.

Anyway, with cynicism aside, it is promising to hear there is actual demand for the KEYone. I'd love to have one as well, but I think I'd prefer they shave $100-$200 off the price before I start to consider it. At this point I'm far enough into iPhone that I'd probably only use it as a secondary device -- at least for a while.

--Kidd

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    BlackBerry KEYone Durability Test
    JerryRigEverything, June 8

"zero adhesive holding the screen in place"
    "legitimate problem.. easy to fix.."
    "manufacturing oversight"

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe how they thought not using any adhesive would be a good idea...
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    BlackBerry Mobile says it is taking 'measures' to strengthen KEYone displays
    Crackberry June 10

BlackBerry Mobile has released an official statement on KEYone display popping problems.

Now this is a swift response! After internet rabble rouser and professional phone destroyer, JerryRigEverything, put the KEYone through its paces last week, one of the main takeaways was that the display can come apart from the rest of the phone quite easily, as there isn't a lot of adhesive holding it all together.
    TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they're encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

The takeaway here is that the KEYone doesn't have a huge problem — only a handful of phones have been affected — but in either case, BB Mobile is "actively examining additional adhesive measures" to make sure this problem goes away completely. And if you've had a problem with the phone up 'til now, just contact the company and it will replace the phone for you under warranty.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    The takeaway here is that the KEYone doesn't have a huge problem — only a handful of phones have been affected — but in either case, BB Mobile is "actively examining additional adhesive measures" to make sure this problem goes away completely. And if you've had a problem with the phone up 'til now, just contact the company and it will replace the phone for you under warranty....
    Ummm... I guess if it happens on accident -- there have been a few reports according to JerryRig so maybe some poor folks are getting a free repair, but I truly doubt he'll be getting another one as it was clearly forced into submission.

--Kidd

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I want one, but don't like you can't tell if the device is part of a newer batch with a fixed screen.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I had one from Bell purchased in June, brand new replacement within five days. Manufactured date Aug 1st.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using HoFo mobile app
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keefrto View Post
    I had one from Bell purchased in June, brand new replacement within five days. Manufactured date Aug 1st.

Brand new replacement from Bell or BlackBerry Mobile?
    Was it because your screen feel out or some other issue?

I just bought the Priv 4-5 months ago and already itching for a change...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Hi, from TCL. I unlocked the Bell phone as I am a Freedom customer. Screen lifted bottom right then quickly whole thing came off. Held down by tape until new one came. Still worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2