Thread: No SIM issue on brand new iPhone

Feedback Score

No SIM issue on brand new iPhone

I had made another post re: replacing my daughter's iPhone. So we made the trip to a Verizon store today and they did have an SE with 64GB so we bought it at the store. When the associate first turned on the phone it said No SIM, but he restarted it and it worked. It worked all the way home, then it said No SIM again. I got on Verizon chat and they had me put in the SIM from her old phone as a temporary fix and are mailing me a new SIM.

However, the agent suggested that since it is a brand new phone having this issue, that we return it for a different one before 14 days were up. The Verizon stores are about 45 miles away from us. I thought we would at least see how it got along with the new SIM for a couple of days, but do you think we need to exchange it? Or is it likely just a bad SIM card that was originally in it?

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    If the sim from the old iPhone works without any problems, I would not change the sim. This would indicate the sim card from the store is bad.

Feedback Score
    I wonder why she said that was a temporary fix.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The new SIM card might not be registered with Verizon. There is a place on Verizon's site for switching phones and registering new SIM cards.

Also, there are several different types of 4G SIM cards for Verizon phones. I got a new iPhone from Verizon once and they gave me the wrong type. It wouldn't work and I could not even register it on the website.

Feedback Score
    As of now, with it working fine on her old SIM and having spent a few hours moving her stuff onto it last night, I am inclined to leave it alone, and hang on to the new SIM that comes in the mail in case we have a problem later. My daughter just wants her phone with no further interruptions