Page 464 of 465 FirstFirst ... 364 414 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 6961

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

  1. #6946
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by garry1p View Post
    I wonder how many folks check in here just to see if any thing new with the Mobley car connect plan.

    I look in once a week or so just to see if ATT has started throttling anyone I'm pretty sure it would be on here if it does happen.

    Anyone else check in regularly?
    Yep. My Mobley sims are still working fine over three years later (not in Mobleys).

  2. #6947
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I am subscribed to the topic so I get notified if there is a new post. Up the topic, someone posted that they suspected throttling while they were over 20 GB for the month.

    I don't use mine routinely. I do check it once a month and have not noticed any speed decrease.

    Meanwhile, AT&T seems happy to charge me $20 plus taxes and fees monthly to not use it much.

    I do use one of mine all day, every day and I've noticed no difference.

  3. #6948
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Switched one of my Mobley Sims into a Unite Explore and it was getting wildly inconsistent speeds. I mean for a little while they'd be great 25-30Mbps download and 8-10 upload then after a while it'll just drop to 7-10Mbps download and not even 1Mbps upload.

    Switched the Sim back into the Mobley, same issue (just not as fast speeds when running well as the Explore). Ordered the cheap Netgear Mimo antenna should be here in a few days see if it helps. Asked a AT&T rep in chat if maybe there was tower maintenance or something going on, said didn't see anything on their end. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and it's temporary and will sort itself out. Anybody else experienced anything like this?

  4. #6949
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy91 View Post
    Switched one of my Mobley Sims into a Unite Explore and it was getting wildly inconsistent speeds. I mean for a little while they'd be great 25-30Mbps download and 8-10 upload then after a while it'll just drop to 7-10Mbps download and not even 1Mbps upload.

    Switched the Sim back into the Mobley, same issue (just not as fast speeds when running well as the Explore). Ordered the cheap Netgear Mimo antenna should be here in a few days see if it helps. Asked a AT&T rep in chat if maybe there was tower maintenance or something going on, said didn't see anything on their end. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and it's temporary and will sort itself out. Anybody else experienced anything like this?
    I’m getting the same speed as you do. Even when the signal bars are full.

  5. #6950
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Networks are saturated right now with folks staying home. This higher traffic is more than enough to mess with the quality of connections and download/upload speeds of both cellular traffic and DSL networks. Many, many reports on this.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

  6. #6951
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    slc ut
    Posts
    1,367
    Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy91 View Post
    Switched one of my Mobley Sims into a Unite Explore and it was getting wildly inconsistent speeds. I mean for a little while they'd be great 25-30Mbps download and 8-10 upload then after a while it'll just drop to 7-10Mbps download and not even 1Mbps upload.

    Switched the Sim back into the Mobley, same issue (just not as fast speeds when running well as the Explore). Ordered the cheap Netgear Mimo antenna should be here in a few days see if it helps. Asked a AT&T rep in chat if maybe there was tower maintenance or something going on, said didn't see anything on their end. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and it's temporary and will sort itself out. Anybody else experienced anything like this?
    Did you get the antenna yet? I’m thinking of buying one and would like to see your review, thanks.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

  7. #6952
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,769
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Networks are saturated right now with folks staying home. This higher traffic is more than enough to mess with the quality of connections and download/upload speeds of both cellular traffic and DSL networks. Many, many reports on this.
    I believe this also implies the answer to why the carriers won't sell widespread unlimited or high limit wireless Internet for wired replacement use. They don't have the network capacity yet. Providing quality of service to their mobile handset subscribers is a higher priority. We see people nearly every day here on HoFo asking what's available or why it isn't available. Here's your clue.

    The situation should improve over the next few years as the carriers buy and deploy more spectrum. T-Mo has all of that ex-Sprint band 41 now and plans to offer some more wireless wireless ISP next year. The range and material penetration of 2.5 GHz isn't great so it probably won't be the solution to un and under served very rural areas.

    I just checked my CCU SIM in my Velocity. I got 2.5 down, 2.8 up with -108 dBM signal. That is lower than I usually see in my monthly check. It was more usually 5-10. That was also with about -108 dBM signal. That implies congestion to me. I have seen up to around 30 in better signal locations.

  8. #6953
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    I do much the same, check in here to see if there is any Mobley related news once per month or so. Also noticing network congestion here, though thing speed up and run much faster in early morning hours, right now at 8:30 on a Sunday evening fast.com is reporting 11 mbps down and 5 up with -76 dBM on CCU sim in an 815S, when I checked it 5 minutes ago I was getting 7 mbps so highly variable.

  9. #6954
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,994
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

    I already have two Netgear Nighthawk MR1100s. I want something to use for home internet. Is the Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 still the best choice or is there else I should look at right now?

  10. #6955
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    608
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I already have two Netgear Nighthawk MR1100s. I want something to use for home internet. Is the Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 still the best choice or is there else I should look at right now?
    It's the newest highest Cat device. Other than the 5G Netgear hotspot.

  11. #6956
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,994
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    It's the newest highest Cat device. Other than the 5G Netgear hotspot.

    Does anybody know when that one will be available? Is that the Netgear Nighthawk M5 Mobile Router MR5200?

  12. #6957
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,994
    Feedback Score
    0

    NETGEAR LTE Modem LB1120

    I have been giving this some thought. I already have two Netgear Nighthawk MR1100s, but I do have a third line that I need a device for. Would the speeds on this be the same as the MR1100? Does it have the same Carrier Aggregation as the Netgear Nighthawk MR1100s?

  13. #6958
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    608
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Does anybody know when that one will be available? Is that the Netgear Nighthawk M5 Mobile Router MR5200?
    The Mobile Internet Resource Center just posted that they are back in stock again.

    https://www.att.com/buy/connected-de...sku=sku8550255

  14. #6959
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is anyone else being quickly disconnected if you try to download through bit torrent on the Mobley plan. I have been experiencing this even when connected to a VPN the last couple of days. My SIM is in an 815S, within 5 minutes of starting a bit torrent download I get disconnected and have to reboot the router to get back online.

  15. #6960
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,824
    Feedback Score
    0
    No issues here on my CC plan with torrents or usenet. Using a Nighthawk with an Ethernet connection to an Openwrt wifi router. No VPN but I do have the TTL set to 65. Maybe 20 GB a month of torrents/usenet.

Page 464 of 465 FirstFirst ... 364 414 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 965
    Last Post: 12-15-2019, 12:01 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 04:53 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2018, 12:36 AM
  4. At&t unlimited plus Mobile Hotspots
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2018, 06:19 PM
  5. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks