Page 445 of 465 FirstFirst ... 345 395 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 6965

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy91 View Post
    So thinking of swapping my SIM from my mobley since it's getting older and I use it a lot to a hotspot like the nighthawk or a unite explore. Any recommendations on which to go for? Also I've read I'll need PUK numbers can I get that from the mobile app chat option or Twitter support or will I have to call in and do I just ask for the PUK numbers no questions asked or do they ask why you need them etc? Thanks!

Read the threads. There is plenty of existing information on HoFo.

Feedback Score
    I recently moved mine to an Explore 815S when my Mobley started acting flaky, there may be better devices out there, but the 815S works, and is MUCH faster than the Mobley. You can also pick up a lightly used 815 on ebay for about $60, and if it is at&t branded you don't have to worry about it being carrier locked. As to the PUK code, just call in to tech support, give them your account information, phone number of your Mobley (it has one), tell them it got locked some how and that you need the PUK code to unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy91 View Post
    So thinking of swapping my SIM from my mobley since it's getting older and I use it a lot to a hotspot like the nighthawk or a unite explore. Any recommendations on which to go for? Also I've read I'll need PUK numbers can I get that from the mobile app chat option or Twitter support or will I have to call in and do I just ask for the PUK numbers no questions asked or do they ask why you need them etc? Thanks!
    I did it by chat while logged onto my online account. They did not ask why. There are two PUKs. Get both. You only need the second one if you mess up with the first one.

When you insert the Mobley SIM in another device it will ask for a PIN. We don't know the PIN that AT&T set on the SIM.

Enter some arbitrary four digit number for the PIN. Do that three times and it will ask for the PUK. Use PUK1. It will then ask for a new PIN. You will need to enter the PIN each time you power on the device. If you put the SIM back in a Mobley they will change the PIN to something we don't know again, but you can go through the PUK routine again.

If you have an unlocked AT&T phone you can use the phone SIM tools to turn off asking for the PIN when powered on. This will also stop the Mobley from setting a new unknown PIN. Some hotspot devices may have the SIM tools. My Velocity does not.

My Velocity isn't noticeably faster than the Mobley, but the price was right and fast enough for my use. The rural cell I connect to doesn't have great signal and probably isn't provisioned for carrier aggregation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I did it by chat while logged onto my online account. They did not ask why. There are two PUKs. Get both. You only need the second one if you mess up with the first one.

When you insert the Mobley SIM in another device it will ask for a PIN. We don't know the PIN that AT&T set on the SIM.

Enter some arbitrary four digit number for the PIN. Do that three times and it will ask for the PUK. Use PUK1. It will then ask for a new PIN. You will need to enter the PIN each time you power on the device. If you put the SIM back in a Mobley they will change the PIN to something we don't know again, but you can go through the PUK routine again.

If you have an unlocked AT&T phone you can use the phone SIM tools to turn off asking for the PIN when powered on. This will also stop the Mobley from setting a new unknown PIN. Some hotspot devices may have the SIM tools. My Velocity does not.

My Velocity isn't noticeably faster than the Mobley, but the price was right and fast enough for my use. The rural cell I connect to doesn't have great signal and probably isn't provisioned for carrier aggregation.
    Thank you for such a detailed reply! Ordered a nighthawk a while ago, gonna try to get the PUK numbers in a bit and see how it goes once it gets here.

Thanks to everyone else contributing to this thread / forum as well. Decided to read through a lot of the posts and I've learned quite a bit!

Feedback Score
    If you put the SIM back in a Mobley they will change the PIN to something we don't know again, but you can go through the PUK routine again.
    The Mobley can't change your custom PIN. It is only able to change the PIN the first time, because it was programmed to know the default PIN of 1111. Once you change it, the Mobley can't reset it.

But the Mobley won't work until the custom PIN is entered after power-up. You have to navigate your device to the attwifimanger URL given on the Mobley label to enter it after each startup.

You are correct that if you use another device such as a phone to turn off the PIN requirement, you can just boot up the hotspot (including a Mobley) and it will work fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The Mobley can't change your custom PIN. It is only able to change the PIN the first time, because it was programmed to know the default PIN of 1111. Once you change it, the Mobley can't reset it.

But the Mobley won't work until the custom PIN is entered after power-up. You have to navigate your device to the attwifimanger URL given on the Mobley label to enter it after each startup.

You are correct that if you use another device such as a phone to turn off the PIN requirement, you can just boot up the hotspot (including a Mobley) and it will work fine.
    Yes, I believe that is correct. It has been a while since I did mine.

In my case, the first time I used the PUK to set my PIN I set it to 1111 so it got changed again by the Mobley.

Don't use 1111 as your personal PIN.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Anyone who gets their plan yanked, contact the executive customer service office!! They’ll take care of you. Both my Mobley plans are reinstated. You can only contact them via email. They literally called me two hours later. I was pretty impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    The office of the president will usually solve any legitimate gripe you have as well and is reachable by phone

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post

Been a while since I did a custom PIN but there is a process to have the device NOT ask for the PIN every time. I have a custom PIN on my. Mobley SIM and do not need to enter the pin code.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Been a while since I did a custom PIN but there is a process to have the device NOT ask for the PIN every time. I have a custom PIN on my. Mobley SIM and do not need to enter the pin code.
    All you need to do is insert the SIM in another hoptspot or phone that allows you to activate/deactivate the SIM PIN (most all support this function.) You can then deactivate the PIN (doesn't change the PIN itself but if deactivated it won't be requested when the device is powered up.) Then replace the SIM in the Mobley and you're done.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Easiest thing to do would be to get an H2O sim from Amazon and have it activated online. Then you don’t have to deal with all this PUK stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Easiest thing to do would be to get an H2O sim from Amazon and have it activated online. Then you don’t have to deal with all this PUK stuff.
    That might be true if H2O had unlimited data.

The service we are talking about here is the AT&T Connected Car Unlimited for $20 a month. It is worth the effort.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That might be true if H2O had unlimited data.

The service we are talking about here is the AT&T Connected Car Unlimited for $20 a month. It is worth the effort.
    You can buy an H2O sim shipped on Amazon for $1 or so. You can use the SIM card on AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    You can buy an H2O sim shipped on Amazon for $1 or so. You can use the SIM card on AT&T.
    Yes, and then you would have to contact AT&T to put the Connected Car Unlimited plan on the SIM.

DANGER, WARNING, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!

The first rule of Connected Car Unlimited (CCU) is to never contact customer service if you don't have to. Most of them don't know anything about CCU and will switch you to a very limited plan.

Using the PUK on a SIM is not hard and only takes a few minutes.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, and then you would have to contact AT&T to put the Connected Car Unlimited plan on the SIM.

DANGER, WARNING, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!

The first rule of Connected Car Unlimited (CCU) is to never contact customer service if you don't have to. Most of them don't know anything about CCU and will switch you to a very limited plan.

Using the PUK on a SIM is not hard and only takes a few minutes.
    Ive called them and activated new SIM cards plenty of times with zero issues. But to each his own.

Page 445 of 465 FirstFirst ... 345 395 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... LastLast