Page 450 of 465 FirstFirst ... 350 400 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 6972

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

  1. #6736
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    What app are you using to get those band reports on your phone.

  2. #6737
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,825
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wacnstac View Post
    What app are you using to get those band reports on your phone.
    Network Signal Guru. See all those dots on the bottom, those are additional data screens. Not a clue what 3/4 of the stuff means. I've only used it on rooted phones, not sure how much data it shows on a non rooted phone. If your rooted, the app will allow to select what bands to use. Cool app. The ads can be annoying but the price for the full version is ridiculously expensive for my needs.

  3. #6738
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    357
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Question about deprioritization.

    I have two Mobley plans on the same user account, one in a nighthawk and one in a phone. The nighthawk uses much more than 22GB of data, the phone maybe 4GB a month. My speed on the nighthawk slows down to 2Mbps during primetime. I figured it was just a crowded tower. I switch to the phone, that is well under 22GB and it's speeds are 2Mbps too. Now if I switch the Nighthawk to band 14 I get 45+Mbps. So are both my Mobley accounts being deprioritized because the data useage of the nighthawk? I'm asking out of currocity, not as a complaint.
    How did you switch to a preferred band on the nighthawk?


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  4. #6739
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wacnstac View Post
    What app are you using to get those band reports on your phone.
    Network Signal Guru appears to require root (or at least that's what it says in the description.) Another app that lists actual LTE band is LTE Discovery. It also says that it requires root but I have used it on several stock/non-rooted Android devices and it has always displayed LTE band regardless.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.ltediscovery

  5. #6740
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,825
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    How did you switch to a preferred band on the nighthawk?


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I'm not answering this question because if you look at other threads under At&t Data Card section you will find it. Then there is how I found it...Google.

  6. #6741
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,309
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I'm not answering this question because if you look at other threads under At&t Data Card section you will find it. Then there is how I found it...Google.
    Why not just post a helpful link instead of that unnecessary response?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  7. #6742
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,309
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0

    Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    How did you switch to a preferred band on the nighthawk?


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Here ya go.

    https://mt-tech.fi/en/enable-manual-...medium=ios_app

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #6743
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the info. I just tried connecting to a Unite Explore (815S) and telnet access works via port 5510 but I only seem to get an abbreviated response to the AT!BAND=? command, i.e.:

    AT!BAND=?
    Index, Name
    00, All Bands
    01, LTE Only
    02, 4G Only
    03, 4G and LTE Only
    04, 2G Only

    I seem to be missing all the data in the response concerning available bands, but that might possibly be due to the fact that I'm not connected to the network since I live in a dead zone. I'm not sure why being disconnected from the network would prevent the device from displaying internal data but sometimes these devices work that way, I guess I'll need to try it again in an area with coverage.

    Anyway I'd be happy to hear if anyone has been successful with manual band selection in the 815S.


    Edit: I think I may have found why I am not getting the full command response, apparently some commands require a password to be entered with the AT!ENTERCND command first, else they operate in an abbreviated/restricted mode. This may be why I'm only seeing the short response to AT!BAND=?. So far I've been unable to find the factory AT password code for the 815S.
    Last edited by nocaps; 07-14-2019 at 03:39 PM.

  9. #6744
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    357
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Here ya go.

    https://mt-tech.fi/en/enable-manual-...medium=ios_app

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks I think I have looked for this information before but must have missed it at the time have a good one


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  10. #6745
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I'm not answering this question because if you look at other threads under At&t Data Card section you will find it. Then there is how I found it...Google.
    Fair enough. I does seem like people on this site don't know how to start new threads when the topic changes so I appreciate the enforcement.

  11. #6746
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,004
    Feedback Score
    0

    Speed

    For most of this spring, my AT&T data speeds have averaged in the 30, 40s and even higher.

    More recently, they seem to be stuck at 8-10 Mbps. Am I being de-prioritized, throttled or something else? How can I tell and what, if anything, can I do to improve speeds?
    Last edited by Jim1348; 07-20-2019 at 05:40 AM.

  12. #6747
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    612
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    for most of this spring, my AT&T data speeds have averaged in the 30, 40s and even higher.

    More recently, they seem to be stuck at 8-10 Mbps. Am I being de-prioritized, throttled or something else? How can I tell and what, if anything, can I do to improve speeds?
    There is a thread about this over on Reddit regarding the iPad plans. And then pfwarrior said he was told they were going to start enforcing that SIM cards are in the correct devices. I think AT&T is making some changes behind the scenes with all of these plans. My Mobley line isn’t as fast as it used to be. I used to average about 25-30 down. Lately I’m lucky to hit 20 down.

  13. #6748
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,082
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    For most of this spring, my AT&T data speeds have averaged in the 30, 40s and even higher.

    More recently, they seem to be stuck at 8-10 Mbps. Am I being de-prioritized, throttled or something else? How can I tell and what, if anything, can I do to improve speeds?
    plenty of steps in this thread how to see if you are being deprioritized... scroll up and read.

  14. #6749
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,082
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    There is a thread about this over on Reddit regarding the iPad plans. And then pfwarrior said he was told they were going to start enforcing that SIM cards are in the correct devices. I think AT&T is making some changes behind the scenes with all of these plans. My Mobley line isn’t as fast as it used to be. I used to average about 25-30 down. Lately I’m lucky to hit 20 down.
    i have the same experience but then i get someone with an iphone that pays for the "premium" data and find their speeds to be similar to what i am getting. i think at&t is having network/tower/back haul congestion issues in many locations. i was just in a spot where i was getting 55mbps so i know my hardware works. now i am in a spot that is getting .1-1mbps on average and this is on plans before the 22gb threshold and also tested on a phone with "premium" data. how do i figure its congestion, well when download speed is .1mbps the upload speed may be 5-10mbps...and when i test in the middle of the night i am seeing 10/10mbps+. i am generally finding VZW to be beating ATT in both coverage and speeds by leaps and bounds....

  15. #6750
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    612
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    i have the same experience but then i get someone with an iphone that pays for the "premium" data and find their speeds to be similar to what i am getting. i think at&t is having network/tower/back haul congestion issues in many locations. i was just in a spot where i was getting 55mbps so i know my hardware works. now i am in a spot that is getting .1-1mbps on average and this is on plans before the 22gb threshold and also tested on a phone with "premium" data. how do i figure its congestion, well when download speed is .1mbps the upload speed may be 5-10mbps...and when i test in the middle of the night i am seeing 10/10mbps+. i am generally finding VZW to be beating ATT in both coverage and speeds by leaps and bounds....
    In my area AT&T is actually faster than Verizon lately. And that's new. So I'm not sure what to think.

Page 450 of 465 FirstFirst ... 350 400 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 965
    Last Post: 12-15-2019, 12:01 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 04:53 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2018, 12:36 AM
  4. At&t unlimited plus Mobile Hotspots
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2018, 06:19 PM
  5. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks