Page 383 of 391 FirstFirst ... 283 333 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 5862

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Isn't the wifi always actively transmitting? How else would your device see it in order to connect?
    Yes, but not much compared to when it is transmitting continuously, like for streaming video or audio.

I just put the USB meter on it and streamed a YouTube video. The current went from 150 mA idle to 450 mA streaming.

Feedback Score
    Isn't the wifi always actively transmitting? How else would your device see it in order to connect?
    Yes, but not much compared to when it is transmitting continuously, like for streaming video or audio.

I just put the USB meter on it and streamed a YouTube video. The current went from 150 mA idle to 450 mA streaming.

Feedback Score
    The Mobley can be optioned to go into a very low current sleep mode (both cellular and wifi radios off) after a programmable interval after the ignition key is turned off, and will wake up when the vehicle is started. During the sleep period it is unavailable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    The Mobley can be optioned to go into a very low current sleep mode (both cellular and wifi radios off) after a programmable interval after the ignition key is turned off, and will wake up when the vehicle is started. During the sleep period it is unavailable.
    We were discussing what power consumption to expect if you leave The Mobley set to never power down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    We were discussing what power consumption to expect if you leave The Mobley set to never power down.
    Ah, I see. In that case it's going to vary but the manual provides the following specs (in mA):

Power Saving 2.5
    LTE network searching 54.6
    LTE MAX power (maximum transmission power) 283.2
    LTE normal network connection with five devices associated but no open PDP context 121.7
    LTE normal network connection with five devices associated and streaming some video content 173.7

Seems like a typical working value might be in the 100-200 mA range, and on the lower end of that if powered up, associated with an LTE carrier, and idle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Ah, I see. In that case it's going to vary but the manual provides the following specs (in mA):

Power Saving 2.5
    LTE network searching 54.6
    LTE MAX power (maximum transmission power) 283.2
    LTE normal network connection with five devices associated but no open PDP context 121.7
    LTE normal network connection with five devices associated and streaming some video content 173.7

Seems like a typical working value might be in the 100-200 mA range, and on the lower end of that if powered up, associated with an LTE carrier, and idle.
    My USB meter shows 150 mA idling, 450 mA streaming YouTube. Whatever, neither is a car battery killer, assuming that a turned off car is not used for streaming video for hours and hours.

Feedback Score
    Even if I am not on a rural cell, this is not the sort of area where whole office blocks break for lunch between 11 and 1 and pound the system with personal use.
    Another cause of variance can be the band that the device chooses to connect to. The Mobley doesn't have CA so it can connect to one band one day and another band on a different day or time. You really don't have control over that but you can observe it in the online dashboard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    is ANYONE using the Mobley in their car?
    I’ve had my Mobley in my car for probably over a year. I also have another SIM in a Velocity and an OnStar plan on my account.

I could get better results with better devices but what I have suits my needs just fine so I haven’t bought up.

Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrowrand View Post
    I’ve had my Mobley in my car for probably over a year. I also have another SIM in a Velocity and an OnStar plan on my account.

I could get better results with better devices but what I have suits my needs just fine so I haven’t bought up.
    Been getting 10-12 down on the actual Mobley device. I know I can get better cause my iPhone X gets 30+. Was going to use the Mobley as a primary means of our internet in the Mobley with an plug in wall adaptor. But don’t know if I stream Direct TV Now and my wife is on internet if the speeds will affect performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by macher52; 07-10-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here's a wild and crazy idea....... try it and see what happens.......
    "Follow Your Bliss" - Joseph Cambell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebri View Post
    He skeered.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebri View Post
    Yep. Got the wall adapter yesterday for the Mobley and getting 8 -10 down / 4’ish up. From doing some research there are directional antenna’s out there to get possible better speeds from other towers since the Mobley doesn’t have CA. But 8’ish down is ok for our needs so far. I was able to stream Direct TV Now with no hitches while my wife was on the internet. There’s got to be a way to get better speeds as I average 20 down on my iPhone.

I’m curious to see how it performs when we watch TV separately and browse the internet while streaming on 2 TV’s at the same time. I like to watch auto racing and I like to browse the internet while I’m watching and sometimes my wife will watch her own show on a separate TV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Yep. Got the wall adapter yesterday for the Mobley and getting 8 -10 down / 4’ish up. From doing some research there are directional antenna’s out there to get possible better speeds from other towers since the Mobley doesn’t have CA. But 8’ish down is ok for our needs so far. I was able to stream Direct TV Now with no hitches while my wife was on the internet. There’s got to be a way to get better speeds as I average 20 down on my iPhone.

I’m curious to see how it performs when we watch TV separately and browse the internet while streaming on 2 TV’s at the same time. I like to watch auto racing and I like to browse the internet while I’m watching and sometimes my wife will watch her own show on a separate TV.

8-10 should be plenty for two even HD streams. Web use and email don't take much and are bursty. They just need a little bit once in a while.

Do you have the hotspot in a window - the best window? It makes a big difference with mine. It doesn't work at all even a few feet inside the house.

Feedback Score

8-10 should be plenty for two even HD streams. Web use and email don't take much and are bursty. They just need a little bit once in a while.

Do you have the hotspot in a window - the best window? It makes a big difference with mine. It doesn't work at all even a few feet inside the house.
    Thanks I’ll try different windows. I notice that when I speed test on my iPhone I get better speeds in the front of the house vs the back. However I’m still contemplating getting a Nighthawk or UE but don’t want to risk losing this plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Thanks I’ll try different windows. I notice that when I speed test on my iPhone I get better speeds in the front of the house vs the back.
    Weird thing for me is that my two best spots are nowhere near any windows. One is in the middle of the room upstairs and another is in the far corner of a room that's actually ~50 further than the tower. I have a directional yagi antenna and tried a lotta spots. An osprey has decided to make a nest on the tower 1 mi away from me and repairs can't be done to it until it moves so I've had to find the best way to connect to the tower 3.5mi away.

Page 383 of 391 FirstFirst ... 283 333 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 LastLast