Page 455 of 456 FirstFirst ... 355 405 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 6833

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    Their appears to be a new Mobley plan for $15/month either prepaid or postpaid: https://www.att.com/plans/connected-...D000000000000O

Offer good through 10/31/19 for a postpaid or monthly auto-renewing to credit card prepaid. Mostly geared towards in-car cellular wifi (I looked up Ford and it is for vehicles 2018 or newer) or can be used with a standalone Harmon Spark.

I'm tempted to call and see if they will change my monthly fee from $20 to $15 but my Mobley blew out many months ago and I'm using my Mobley chip in a vintage AT&T Liberate mifi device.
    Yup, got the offer for my 2018 Chevy Volt.

For $15 why not. In Western NC its really nice to have two cellular connections in the car. My Verizon phone and the ATT hotspot.

Also nice for long trips since I dont have unlimited data through verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    $5 savings isn’t worth risking losing the grandfathered Mobley plans. Also, if anyone isn’t aware, there’s a $20 iPad unlimited data plan available. It’s postpaid. Cheaper than the 30 day prepaid plan.
    The only unlimited ipad plan I'm aware of is $35/mo. How do you get the $20 one?

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I was unaware of that. How do you get it? Do you go into a brick and mortar AT&T store, order online or call a certain telephone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    The only unlimited ipad plan I'm aware of is $35/mo. How do you get the $20 one?
    I just called postpaid customer service. (800) 331-0500. Tell them it is a *standalone* $20 iPad unlimited plan. I had to go through a few reps to get it but the rep that was aware of it had no issues activating it for me. I’ve had it for a little over a month and has been smooth sailing. Hotspot works at full speed and video is not limited to 480p.

If you go to a store, they can do that but pay attention to your account when you receive the SIM and activate it. Friend of mine activated two of them and they added insurance to both lines, likely to get some sort of commission out of the sale. Unlikely to happen but I’d check to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I just called postpaid customer service. (800) 331-0500. Tell them it is a *standalone* $20 iPad unlimited plan. I had to go through a few reps to get it but the rep that was aware of it had no issues activating it for me. I’ve had it for a little over a month and has been smooth sailing. Hotspot works at full speed and video is not limited to 480p.
    Do you know if there is a FAN discount that works with the postpaid iPad plan?

Feedback Score
    Is it still possible to sign up as a new customer for the Mobley Plan if I have a Mobley device or Mobley IMEI number? This still seems to be the best MiFi / Portable Hotspot type of plan.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    I simply called the primary telephone number from that e-mail: 855-894-9945.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid-ice View Post
    Is it still possible to sign up as a new customer for the Mobley Plan if I have a Mobley device or Mobley IMEI number? This still seems to be the best MiFi / Portable Hotspot type of plan.
    Yes you can. I quoted a post that includes the phone number you need to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thank you, appreciate it!

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andben2 View Post
    Yup, got the offer for my 2018 Chevy Volt.

For $15 why not. In Western NC its really nice to have two cellular connections in the car. My Verizon phone and the ATT hotspot.

Also nice for long trips since I dont have unlimited data through verizon.
    im such a sucker, got the offer with my new Jeep, I have a Mobley plan and I still signed up
    I'm jealous I miss my volt. Sport mode on freeway on ramps was childish fun.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score

Is Anybody Here Using The AT&T Unlimited SIM Card For Their Only/Primary Smartphone?

My spare smartphone is a Sonim XP8. Earlier tonight I installed the AT&T unlimited data SIM card in the Sonim XP8, installed Google Voice and took a nice horseback ride. I used the phone to make calls, update Facebook and stream both audio and video. That got me to wondering, is anybody here using their AT&T data card as their only, or primary, smartphone number? If you are, what are the shortcomings? I assume that a smartphone and service through a carrier with a "traditional" SIM card would give you voice service in areas when it default to less than 4G/LTE coverage.

Feedback Score
    My spare smartphone is a Sonim XP8. Earlier tonight I installed the AT&T unlimited data SIM card in the Sonim XP8, installed Google Voice and took a nice horseback ride. I used the phone to make calls, update Facebook and stream both audio and video. That got me to wondering, is anybody here using their AT&T data card as their only, or primary, smartphone number? If you are, what are the shortcomings? I assume that a smartphone and service through a carrier with a "traditional" SIM card would give you voice service in areas when it default to less than 4G/LTE coverage.
    Google Voice doesnt play nice with my car's stereo, it won't hangup. GV texts don't work with my headunit either. If I have GV forwarding calls to a real cell phone number, my data only phone won't ring for GV calls. Call quality occasionally sucks and sometimes the person I'm calling can't hear me. For personal use its acceptable for me, for business purposes its not.

Feedback Score

Is Anybody Here Using The AT&T Unlimited SIM Card For Their Only/Primary Smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Google Voice doesnt play nice with my car's stereo, it won't hangup. GV texts don't work with my headunit either. If I have GV forwarding calls to a real cell phone number, my data only phone won't ring for GV calls. Call quality occasionally sucks and sometimes the person I'm calling can't hear me. For personal use its acceptable for me, for business purposes its not.
    Thank you very much for the reply. That is very good to know. I was actually looking at the economics of doing it.

Here is what I have now:

Four lines on Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO); Unlimited talk, Text, 100 GB Shared Data: $104.20 per month. I do Auto Pay, which knocks off a few dollars, but taxes and other fees still push it over $100 per month.

Now, if I were to switch to the AT&T deal, it would be $93.96 per month. (I know the monthly per line, since it is my home internet.)‬

So, doing the math, it costs me $10.24 more ($2.56 per line) to be on Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) instead of doing every line on an unlimited data AT&T line and using Google Voice. It is worth it to me to pay that much more, but for some people, it could help them out quite a bit. As far as the data amount goes, I was quite satisfied with the sahred 25 GB of data. So, when the increased it to 100 GB of share data, it was even better.

Feedback Score

AT&T Netgear Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100

I am looking for one more of these for my $20 data card. Are the best choices these days pretty much either Ebay or Best Buy?

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    I am looking for one more of these for my $20 data card. Are the best choices these days pretty much either Ebay or Best Buy?
    Yes, Best Buy is running about $250 now but sometimes they are on sale for less(vaguely remember seeing $180 or $200 a while back).

Ebay is about $145 used, $170-$200 new/open box/refurb.

Be careful that it's AT&T locked or unlocked (some foreign carrier units sometimes show on ebay).

Not worth it to me since I use an AT&T Mifi Liberate LTE device that has sufficient speeds for my needs.

But if you have access to higher speed cell sites and need these speeds, or are in a city, the Nighthawk could have advantages.

Feedback Score

AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    Yes, Best Buy is running about $250 now but sometimes they are on sale for less(vaguely remember seeing $180 or $200 a while back).

Ebay is about $145 used, $170-$200 new/open box/refurb.

Be careful that it's AT&T locked or unlocked (some foreign carrier units sometimes show on ebay).

Not worth it to me since I use an AT&T Mifi Liberate LTE device that has sufficient speeds for my needs.

But if you have access to higher speed cell sites and need these speeds, or are in a city, the Nighthawk could have advantages.
    Maybe I should set up one of those deals where they alert you when there is a price drop. I have never done that before. Does anybody here have any recommendations on which of those works best? I have heard of CamelCamelCamel. Is/are there some for Best Buy or other places, too? If so, how well do they work? If they dropped the price of the AT&T Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 back down to say $200, both my mother-in-law and I would buy one.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Maybe I should set up one of those deals where they alert you when there is a price drop. I have never done that before. Does anybody here have any recommendations on which of those works best? I have heard of CamelCamelCamel. Is/are there some for Best Buy or other places, too? If so, how well do they work? If they dropped the price of the AT&T Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 back down to say $200, both my mother-in-law and I would buy one.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/
    PriceOwl supports Best Buy - barely - but I would caution that since the unbranded unit has hiked to $349, I don't expect the AT&T M1 to go down in price at all until after it is discontinued. I expect the supply to continue to constrain, and the price to go up.

Once a new model launches, Netgear probably will do another 50/100k unit run and then use the M1 to replace the aged LB1120 as their cheap router.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Page 455 of 456 FirstFirst ... 355 405 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 LastLast