Page 280 of 460 FirstFirst ... 180 230 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6895

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    Can someone kindly point me to the link where it says activation fee isn't applicable for connected car account if you're not signing the two year contract?
    Go to: https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobl...sku=sku7700323

Click 'Continue' and then the 'new wireless customer' popup. You will then see the two plans offered (contact and no-contract) and the terms. You won't be able to go any further since AT&T is out of stock right now, but you can get as far as the page that describes the contact/no-contract options.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hi. I have a question regarding the Mobley. I just received a used one that I bought from a guy on ebay. Included was a note that says it has the sim in it, and the account is active until September 14th. He says I can use it until then, and once that's up, go to the ATT store get a sim and plan of my own.

So my question is, does anyone know if I can get a sim and set it up on my own account BEFORE the 14th when his plan expires?? I'm just kinda worried that ATT could stop offering the plan at any moment, and I could get screwed.
    "Follow Your Bliss" - Joseph Cambell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebri View Post
    Hi. I have a question regarding the Mobley. I just received a used one that I bought from a guy on ebay. Included was a note that says it has the sim in it, and the account is active until September 14th. He says I can use it until then, and once that's up, go to the ATT store get a sim and plan of my own.

So my question is, does anyone know if I can get a sim and set it up on my own account BEFORE the 14th when his plan expires?? I'm just kinda worried that ATT could stop offering the plan at any moment, and I could get screwed.
    I probably wouldn't worry about the plan being terminated without warning within the next 30 days, but in any event if you can get the IMEI of the Mobley you should be able to get the account set up and a SIM sent to you using the online BYOD page, or I was even able to do it at an AT&T store. I gave the rep the Mobley IMEI and he was able to set up the plan and hand me a SIM. When I received the Mobley I just inserted the SIM and away I went. But probably easier to do online, less chance of someone screwing it up (many in-store reps are clueless about the Connected car plan.)

Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response.

I have the mobley in hand, so IMEI number is no problem. I'm just wondering if I can activate it on a new/my account while it is still active on another persons account.

And I probably have to go in, I tried getting a sim and the plan awhile back with an IMEI number for a mobley, but kept getting order canceled, need to verify who you are, blah blah blah.

Feedback Score
    I have the mobley in hand, so IMEI number is no problem. I'm just wondering if I can activate it on a new/my account while it is still active on another persons account.
    There's been some talk about this (saying that you can't), but I'm not so sure. I think that when a Connected Car account is provisioned that the system only verifies that the IMEI is from a Mobley and nothing else. Or I might be wrong but in any event you'll know when you try. Worst case is that the system will reject and you will have to wait until the other account is disactivated so I don't think you have anything to lose by trying. Please let us know what you find out if you do try. But again, there should be very little risk in just waiting a couple of weeks until the other account terminates.
    Last edited by nocaps; 08-28-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Let me start out by saying sorry if I am going over ground that has been discussed in other threads etc. I have been lurking around ever since I heard about the mobley, which was only about a month ago. Pretty late to the party, but at least I am here. I know there are thousands literally of pages of posts about the mobley, and I have read hundreds. I haven't read anything about what I am asking, hence my asking.

Since quite a lot of people are apparently getting a mobley just to get the plan and put the sim in a different device, we know they aren't cancelling their plan when they sell their mobley for hundreds of dollars on ebay or wherever. So it kind of stands to reason (to me at least) that ATT isn't associating an imei to a plan. If so, everyone would have to keep their mobleys and not be able to sell them.

I will probably try to get my plan early, and venture to the store. If I try again to get it online and they cancel the previous account, I'd have to wait days to get the sim and that will just kill me to sit here with the device and not be able to use it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the response.

And I probably have to go in, I tried getting a sim and the plan awhile back with an IMEI number for a mobley, but kept getting order canceled, need to verify who you are, blah blah blah.

ive sold my mobley and the other person was able to get a new SIM and the car connect plan, tho my SIM card was already in another device, soooo im going say yes u can get a new SIM and plan for it ...pop out the SIM card right now tho so its not attached to the mobleys ESN number then wait it out for like 2-3 days then call att for new SIM card and plan....thats how I would do it.

Feedback Score
    I could not get the mobley on the att site, so I followed someones advice to order it from a company called novotech. Which I did, and I after a week of calling att, supposedly they are finally agreeing to send me the sim card, BUT the woman I talked to said it may not allow me to have the $20/month unlimited! She said I wont know until I put the sim card in and activate it. Thats a little scary! I sure hope I didnt waste alot of money on the device just to find out att is no longer agreeing to the connected car plan!~ I will update this post when I finally get the sim card, hopefully this week!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgny View Post
    I could not get the mobley on the att site, so I followed someones advice to order it from a company called novotech. Which I did, and I after a week of calling att, supposedly they are finally agreeing to send me the sim card, BUT the woman I talked to said it may not allow me to have the $20/month unlimited! She said I wont know until I put the sim card in and activate it. Thats a little scary! I sure hope I didnt waste alot of money on the device just to find out att is no longer agreeing to the connected car plan!~ I will update this post when I finally get the sim card, hopefully this week!
    Is it still in stock at novotech, I can't find it. Ty

Feedback Score
    I think you are right! I do not see it on their site anymore!

Feedback Score
    Read 280 pages of posts...CHECK.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynosback View Post
    Read 280 pages of posts...CHECK.
    Okay..how many days did it take? Eh..nevermind, I don't wanna know how much of my life was wasted...

Feedback Score
    Being throttled for the first time is 3 months. I am in a little town in WV, so the tower should not be busy. I have been getting 6Mbps up to 25 Mbps for the month that I have been here. I'm now speed testing around 1Mbps. They said that I have used 36.3 gigs of data. And I have 24 days left. When going to my ATT home page, I show that I have used 0 gigs. And it has been that way for 2 months. I have read we're other people were seeing the same thing. I'm using more then normal as I can not get any over the air TV channels.
    I have unplugged the Mobley to try and reset it. Any other ideas?

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  54.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Okay..how many days did it take? Eh..nevermind, I don't wanna know how much of my life was wasted...
    I think 7-10 days off and on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynosback View Post
    Being throttled for the first time is 3 months. I am in a little town in WV, so the tower should not be busy. I have been getting 6Mbps up to 25 Mbps for the month that I have been here. I'm now speed testing around 1Mbps. They said that I have used 36.3 gigs of data. And I have 24 days left. When going to my ATT home page, I show that I have used 0 gigs. And it has been that way for 2 months. I have read we're other people were seeing the same thing. I'm using more then normal as I can not get any over the air TV channels.
    I have unplugged the Mobley to try and reset it. Any other ideas?

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  54.5 KB
    On Myatt app, tap the account, go to data usage, and then manage data. The account shows zero when you have a sponsored data app like DirecTV now. But the place I just mentioned will go you your actual data usage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 280 of 460 FirstFirst ... 180 230 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 330 380 ... LastLast