Page 451 of 453 FirstFirst ... 351 401 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 6788

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't believe that for the most part the variances people are seeing have anything at all to do with traffic prioritization (not that that will stop the endless speculation otherwise.) It is just maddenly confusing to try to make sense of aneccdotal tests of cellular data throughout considering the endless unknown and varying factors involved, and being at different locations makes it all of impossible. Is Verizon better than AT&T, or vice versa? The answer is 'yes', depending on where (and even when) you are.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    plenty of steps in this thread how to see if you are being deprioritized... scroll up and read.
    I did some more checking a bit ago and noticed that I get faster speeds on wifi from my Nighthawk than I do through Ethernet.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    I don't believe that for the most part the variances people are seeing have anything at all to do with traffic prioritization (not that that will stop the endless speculation otherwise.) It is just maddenly confusing to try to make sense of aneccdotal tests of cellular data throughout considering the endless unknown and varying factors involved, and being at different locations makes it all of impossible. Is Verizon better than AT&T, or vice versa? The answer is 'yes', depending on where (and even when) you are.

For me I've had my Mobley line for almost 2 years. All of the sudden I can see consistently slower speeds than the previous number of months. Hopefully they're upgrading towers in my area. I just hope they're not finally going to be like Verizon and start being heavy handed with deprio or network management going forward. I'm seeing changes with my Unlimited Plus hotspot lines as well.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    For me I've had my Mobley line for almost 2 years. All of the sudden I can see consistently slower speeds than the previous number of months. Hopefully they're upgrading towers in my area. I just hope they're not finally going to be like Verizon and start being heavy handed with deprio or network management going forward. I'm seeing changes with my Unlimited Plus hotspot lines as well.
    Orlimar1, what device are you using? I am consistently seeing speed in the 60s, while on wifi with the Nighthawk, but 8 while using Ethernet. That doesn't make sense to me. Isn't throttling an "all or none" situation? Meaning, I should be seeing similar speeds on wifi or using Cat 5, right?

The other interesting things is I read earlier today that Cricket, which is an AT&T prepaid/MVNO, is giving their customers 8 Mbps. Is that a coincidence?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Orlimar1, what device are you using? I am consistently seeing speed in the 60s, while on wifi with the Nighthawk, but 8 while using Ethernet. That doesn't make sense to me. Isn't throttling an "all or none" situation? Meaning, I should be seeing similar speeds on wifi or using Cat 5, right?

The other interesting things is I read earlier today that Cricket, which is an AT&T prepaid/MVNO, is giving their customers 8 Mbps. Is that a coincidence?
    I don't believe these plans have hard throttling. They are only subject to network management or "deprioritization." I'm just wondering if maybe they're starting to enforce it, or apply it a bit more than they had in the past. Which was pretty much zero management before.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot

I don't believe these plans have hard throttling. They are only subject to network management or "deprioritization." I'm just wondering if maybe they're starting to enforce it, or apply it a bit more than they had in the past. Which was pretty much zero management before.
    That very well may be exactly what is happening.

So, back to what I am trying to determine, do you think it is possible to "de-prioritize" just what is going through Ethernet and not the wifi? Frankly, I am very skeptical of what I am seeing. Or, maybe I should rephrase that, I am not so much skeptical of what I am seeing as I am curious why, or how, this is happening. I suppose it is/would be possible to "de-prioritize" just waht goes through the network cable, but then it bets the questions why? Would the assumption be that so-called "cheaters" are using Cat5/6 and the folks that this is/was intended for are using wifi? (That really doesn't add up in my mind.) Could there be some sort of technological reason why they can "de-prioritize" traffic through Ethernet, but not wifi? (I honestly don't know and I am hoping that someone much smarter than me posts their thoughts on this.)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That very well may be exactly what is happening.

So, back to what I am trying to determine, do you think it is possible to "de-prioritize" just what is going through Ethernet and not the wifi? Frankly, I am very skeptical of what I am seeing. Or, maybe I should rephrase that, I am not so much skeptical of what I am seeing as I am curious why, or how, this is happening. I suppose it is/would be possible to "de-prioritize" just waht goes through the network cable, but then it bets the questions why? Would the assumption be that so-called "cheaters" are using Cat5/6 and the folks that this is/was intended for are using wifi? (That really doesn't add up in my mind.) Could there be some sort of technological reason why they can "de-prioritize" traffic through Ethernet, but not wifi? (I honestly don't know and I am hoping that someone much smarter than me posts their thoughts on this.)
    I’m using a Nighthawk via Ethernet. I’ll try to remember to test the speed differences tomorrow and see what I get.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    based on my having issues in various areas before 22gb, it shouldnt be depriorization. i also check with other devices/plans and they have similar speed issues. i think at&t is struggling big time with overloaded towers/not enough back haul/coverage/etc. part of the reason i want band 14 but i just spent $600 on a cat6 device. maybe i will sell it can get a cat12 with b14.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    do you think it is possible to "de-prioritize" just what is going through Ethernet and not the wifi?
    anything is possible but HIGHLY unlikely

my understanding is deprioritization as it is today is done at the cell tower level, not on any devices. it wouldnt know what is behind the modem (a router with wifi or ethernet)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is it still possible to add a line to a existing car connected plan? My Unite Explore is using the line and my Mobley is not in use.

If yes, should I put my SIM card back in to the Mobley before I add a line?
    T-Mobile ONE 3 Lines $80 UNL Data
    AT&T $20 Connected Car UNL Data

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is it still possible to add a line to a existing car connected plan? My Unite Explore is using the line and my Mobley is not in use.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequency06 View Post

Check post 6728 (this question gets asked about every week, or day.) And no, it won't matter where your current SIM is but you will need a Mobley IMEI to activate a CCU line (assuming you can get a new CCU line at all.)
    Last edited by nocaps; 07-22-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have two nighthawks one on a unlimited plan and one on a ccu plan both are getting about 60 mb down and both are over the 22gb limit I am however in a rural area

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I did some more checking a bit ago and noticed that I get faster speeds on wifi from my Nighthawk than I do through Ethernet.
    Did you try or are you able to try usb?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

I just happened to check my speeds a little bit ago. I am averaging in the mid 30s right now. I also noticed that this is the first day of my billing cycle AND I have only used 10.5 GB of data, so far.

I will try and check this again and see if I can see a correlation between a slowdown and the amount of data used.

Page 451 of 453 FirstFirst ... 351 401 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 LastLast