Thread: Google Voice Voice Mail with H2o Wireless

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Google Voice Voice Mail with H2o Wireless

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you H2o subscribers were using Google Voice voice mail instead of H2o's standard voice mail?

If so, how did you do it?

From what I gather, H2o does not offer conditional call forwarding so the only way to use Google Voice voice mail would be to have H2o disable their voice mail and let Google Voice voice mail handle all calls.

The only problem with that, is that any calls placed to my H2o number would be without any voice mail and the call would ring endlessly? Am I right about that?

I don't give out my H2o number to anyone that is not a family member or close friend, instead I use my Google Voice number for most calls.

Is there a better way to accomplish what I want to do? Any way at all to use Google Voice voice mail with both my Google Voice number and my H2o number?

The H2o rep on here told me that they could disable my voice mail but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do just yet.

Hoping to pick some brains on here before I go that route.

Thanks..................

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Yes, if you turn on call forwarding callers will get a fast busy signal if you don't answer.

No call forwarding on monthly plans. Just on pay as you go.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So here's a couple of questions (well, three) for our local friendly H2O Wireless rep...

1) Why doesn't conditional call forwarding work on the monthly plans?
    2) Is there any chance that it will in the future? I would love to be able to use Google Voice's speech-to-text capabilities on their voicemail.
    3) Does H2O Wireless have any plans for providing its own enhanced voicemail services?

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    So here's a couple of questions (well, three) for our local friendly H2O Wireless rep...

1) Why doesn't conditional call forwarding work on the monthly plans?
    2) Is there any chance that it will in the future? I would love to be able to use Google Voice's speech-to-text capabilities on their voicemail.
    3) Does H2O Wireless have any plans for providing its own enhanced voicemail services?
    Hello tacitust. Thank you for your inquiry. Please see below.

1. The monthly and minute plans are under different service platforms with different feature packages.
    2. It seems this is becoming a popular request. I have asked our team to see if we can enable this feature for our monthly plan subscribers. I will provide an update once available.
    3. Visual voicemail is an added cost feature we have not yet purchased from AT&T. As a value driven product, we must decide what features are most important to our customers while maintaining current price points. Right now we are focused on providing the best data, talk, and text packages. However, there are several features including visual voicemail that we are looking to add in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h2owireless View Post
    - The monthly and minute plans are under different service platforms with different feature packages.
    Interesting. Is that an AT&T thing or an H2O thing? I'm guessing from the answer to the next question that it's something H2O decided to do, which is a little odd give (what I think is) the general impression that monthly plans should provide more features, not fewer, given that (I would think) they provide for a more reliable revenue stream. (With no access to the numbers, I could be completely wrong, of course.)

- It seems this is becoming a popular request. I have asked our team to see if we can enable this feature for our monthly plan subscribers. I will provide an update once available.
    Yes, please. It would be a great way to increase the value of H2O monthly plans to knowledgeable customers at what would seem to be a pretty small cost to H2O.

Quote Originally Posted by h2owireless View Post
    Visual voicemail is an added cost feature we have not yet purchased from AT&T. As a value driven product, we must decide what features are most important to our customers while maintaining current price points. Right now we are focused on providing the best data, talk, and text packages. However, there are several features including visual voicemail that we are looking to add in the future.
    I thought this would probably be the answer as I was typing the question. I'm not surprised add-on features like this would be near the bottom of the list for consideration, given how competitive the MVNO marketplace is and data is king at the moment. No worries -- adding conditional call forwarding to monthly plans would be almost as good

Feedback Score
    I just switched to H20. The price is great, but now my voicemails don't go to my Google Voice number, they go to my H2O number.
    Many years ago I was able to use the GSM codes for call forwarding at Straight Talk, but it stopped working when I got a new SIM.
    The workaround was to lengthen the number of rings before a call goes to voicemail.

The H2O chat support was very good, but they weren't able to help resolve this. Unlike ST, they couldn't increase the number of rings.
    The agent did escalate this issue, and someone should get back to me.

The H2O support chat agents are very nice, and do seem to want to solve your problem.

Could the user h2owireless respond to this post?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You can fix that by asking H2O to disable voicemail. Then it will never pick up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You can increase ring time from the default (20 seconds) to 30 seconds as well.

I went to the AT&T Wireless site & used the dialing code that can be found by using the search function.

Someone here on the HoFo AT&T thread may have the dial code number as well, so you may want to check there.

Feedback Score
    **61*18133823346*11*30# that's the code to increase the ring to its maximum, which is 30 seconds I believe.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    If you reject a call I think carrier VM automatically picks up. I can't remember exactly but when somebody calls you gv number but your carrier VM intercepts the call will Google voice still pick it up as a missed called when the caller leaves a VM on your carrier VM, I know Google voice does not show a missed call as long as they leave a voicemail.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Digital Rules and Sharp99, I don't think those GSM codes don't work with AT&T MVNO resellers.
    They used to work. I was using them with Strait Talk, but they stopped working after I got a new SIM.
    ST support said the GSM codes were not supported.
    That is what H2O wireless seemed to indicate too.

I enter the above GSM code and get the error: Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Did either of you enter these codes with an H2O SIM?
    And if so, how old is your SIM?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I am using with an H2O sim purchased from eBay in January. The code worked when I used it. 20 seconds does not allow for enough rings to answer when away from the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Michael View Post
    Digital Rules and Sharp99, I don't think those GSM codes don't work with AT&T MVNO resellers.
    They used to work. I was using them with Strait Talk, but they stopped working after I got a new SIM.
    ST support said the GSM codes were not supported.
    That is what H2O wireless seemed to indicate too.

I enter the above GSM code and get the error: Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Did either of you enter these codes with an H2O SIM?
    And if so, how old is your SIM?
    This was what I did to change the time in seconds before the voice mail kicked in and it worked with my H2O smart SIM's: (I learned this from a post in the AT&T forum, credit goes to the OP)

1. On the phone dialer, dial *#61# then tap Send.
    2. It will display the number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay time before the forwarding engages. Write down the number including +1.
    3. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and tap Send where +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number I write down in step 2, and 30 is the delay time in seconds that can be set in 5 second increments & 30 is maximum.
    4. Dial *#61# to verify the new delay time is in effect.

Feedback Score
    Did the above allow Goog Voice to pick up and be used a voicemail and visual voicemail?

..and +1 for proper conditional call forwarding and the ability to use GV as voice and visual mail provider.

Cheers!