Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Multi-Line Plan Is Less Expensive Than All Other Providers

Feedback Score

Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Multi-Line Plan Is Less Expensive Than All Other Providers

Verizon's direct postpaid new unlimited high speed data (and talk and text) plan for multiple lines costs less than Cricket and almost any other provider (Big 4 carriers, MVNO, prepaid or postpaid) currently. Verizon's cost for unlimited service for multiple lines is:

$110
    per month for unlimited data

+$20
    per line access fee for up to 10 smartphones

-$10
    Auto Pay & paper-free billing discount

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

So five lines would work out to costing $40 per line. 10 lines would work out to $30 per line. For an unlimited LTE and everything service plan (with possible deprioritization after 22 GB [per line], in line with other carrier's policies.)

I'm not aware of any lower costing plans elsewhere. And this would be on the Verizon network, billed directly by Verizon and customer service from Verizon.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by josephf; 03-02-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    You are calculating wrong. It's +$20 for EACH line, so 4 phones plus data costs $180. That's $45/line.

Their MVNO TotalWireless is $95 for 4 lines and 15GB with autopay - that's less than $24/line. Don't tell me that you need "more" data than that!

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    yeah i almost fell into that 'too good to be true' hole on the modern AT&T UDP. It's a strong value proposition, but isn't free.

It is amazing how much has changed in so little time...

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Also isn't there tax add on on Verizon?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6 64GB, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Also isn't there tax add on on Verizon?
    Yes and since I live in NY add another 23% to that price. My old TMO plan was $100 but alas $123 after NY took its bite.

So TMO all taxes in is HUGE in my state now.

My wifes current Verizon is also 23%.

It varies greatly by state tho.

TMO can get 3 lines for $100 INCLUDING taxes.

But of course YMMV on coverage so that probably dictates more than anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    You are calculating wrong. It's +$20 for EACH line, so 4 phones plus data costs $180. That's $45/line.
    That's what I said in the OP. And 5 lines would be $40 per line.

Their MVNO TotalWireless is $95 for 4 lines and 15GB with autopay - that's less than $24/line. Don't tell me that you need "more" data than that!
    15 GB shared or 15 GB per line? Either way that isn't unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Verizon's direct postpaid new unlimited high speed data (and talk and text) plan for multiple lines costs less than Cricket and almost any other provider (Big 4 carriers, MVNO, prepaid or postpaid) currently. Verizon's cost for unlimited service for multiple lines is:

$110
    per month for unlimited data

+$20
    per line access fee for up to 10 smartphones

-$10
    Auto Pay & paper-free billing discount

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

So five lines would work out to costing $40 per line. 10 lines would work out to $30 per line. For an unlimited LTE and everything service plan (with possible deprioritization after 22 GB [per line], in line with other carrier's policies.)

I'm not aware of any lower costing plans elsewhere. And this would be on the Verizon network, billed directly by Verizon and customer service from Verizon.

What am I missing?
    At$45 a line on multi plan /four lines, Verizon postpaid in one stroke basically shook up the whole business of prepaid as well as postpaid. Att, Tmobile, Sprint postpaid, Cricket, Boost,, Metro have all responded/reacted. Tracfone will probably be next. The customers win. The businesses lose. Lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elefante72 View Post
    Yes and since I live in NY add another 23% to that price.
    yep, people forget that little bit of info.

Feedback Score
    Isn't Sprint's unlimited plan 5 lines for $90? It's for a limited time but still cheaper. Of course it's Sprint, lol.

Feedback Score
    At the end of the day, the ability to have a Verizon Wireless postpaid line with unlimited LTE data at $30/month (+ tax) is a game changer and a huge new calculation when considering which carrier to obtain service with.
    Last edited by josephf; 03-03-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Multi-Line Plan Is Less Expensive Than All Other Providers

Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Isn't Sprint's unlimited plan 5 lines for $90? It's for a limited time but still cheaper. Of course it's Sprint, lol.
    After March of 2018, price jumps to $180 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    At the end of the day, the ability to have a Verizon Wireless postpaid line with unlimited LTE data at $30/month (+ tax) is a game changer and a huge new calculation when considering which carrier to obtain service with.
    When are we going to see Verizon UPD Groups on Reddit?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon aims to get as many people as possible giving the incentive for adding extra lines at $20 each (after two lines) and up to 10 lines. So basically, they are going all in. They do not care for one person (that is why the price is $80 for one line), they do not care for the two users. They want all 10 on each plan. Why else do you think T-Mobile is reacting so aggressively? They are no fools, they know what Verizon is up to. They did the math.
    Let's go unlimited!

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    This is a good deal if you need UTT&D and if you have family or friends you can sign up. Two very big ifs in my humble opinion.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    These big "Ifs" pay off. Look, they do not want to overextend their network. If they get single users say like T-Mobile One, these users each will use up all the data 100%. Now, with families, some family members will not use a lot of data. Same with friends. Now, they will also have these big groups to whom they can sell easily - new phones, etc. Verizon has the most users so they do not want to overload the network. They want to get the biggest bang on their unlimited plan buck. T-Mobile is a different matter, they are growing they want to get more people - anyone - sign up. Now they are forced to take less in profits after Verizon's smart move.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast