Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Telus BYOD NEW Canada-US Wide Plans (No extra roaming charges in USA)

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Telus BYOD NEW Canada-US Wide Plans (No extra roaming charges in USA)

Anyone able to get one of these plans from SK or Quebec with ON #?

I know these plans are available normally as well as of recent, however I'm more interested in is through my corporate pricing these are the prices:

Unlimited Canada + US Talk / Text / Voicemail 25 / Caller-ID / WiFi-Calling / Call Forwarding / Call Waiting and Conference Calling
    Data Bucket -- Use in Canada and USA without additional per day roaming charges. Basically treating Canada and USA as one zone, a lot like the US Carrier's (AT&T / T-Mobile / Verizon / Sprint that allow you to roam in Canada without any additional costs)

BYOD Prices start:

SK:
    - $31.50/ Unlimited Talk / Text Canada and US-Wide (Use in Canada or USA)
    - 1GB / $3.50 | 5GB / $10.50 | 10GB $17.50 | 15GB / $24.50

QC:
    - $38.50/ Unlimited Talk / Text Canada and US-Wide (Use in Canada or USA)
    - 2GB / $10.50 | 4GB / $14 | 6GB / $21 | 10GB / $28 | 14GB / $35

ON:
    - $42/ Unlimited Talk / Text Canada and US-Wide (Use in Canada or USA)
    - 1GB / $17.50 | 2.5GB / $24.50 | 4GB / $31.50 | 7GB / $45.50 | 10GB / 59.50 | 20GB / $105 | 40GB / $175

BYOD Gives me $15 Discount through my corporate plan and additional 30% discount (Those above prices reflect my corporate plan discounts).

If anyone has successfully gotten a QC or MB/SK plan with ON # please advise how to do that, as you can see, I would rather have SK or QC prices lol given that ON prices are almost double.

I currently have a Rogers $65/5GB SK Plan, would much rather switch to one of these as it includes US usage and I make frequent trips anyway.

Second Option: I am also looking for any feedback if someone has added a second line to a MB/SK/QC Plan with a ON# Successfully
    Last edited by Samshares; 03-04-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I just signed up for it on Tuesday.
    I'm under a Canada Post corporate plan. Have it with 2.5 GB of data and under BYOP.
    So I pay $66.50 plus taxes ($42 plan + 24.50 data). Regular consumer $95.
    I live in BC.
    I changed it with a week left in my rotation so I won't get to see the full affect of the bill till April.
    I'm glad I'm on corporate. This is the plan I have always wanted since I sometimes go to the USA.
    I can be in Canada/US and use in Canada/US for $75 taxes in. Thank god I'm on a corporate plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    My Telus EPP is doing similarly, you have the option to get a $7/mth add on to your plan for the US roaming/calling feature, eg 10gb nationwide is 94.50, but if you want the US plan its 101.50.

One thing to note is that it seems as though Telus has fewer agreements with the regional US carriers than Bell and Rogers, this won't affect most users, but there are a few missing that I notice (Indigo in Northern PA, and Northeast Wireless in ME) these are areas not as well covered by AT&T and T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gong_8 View Post
    I just signed up for it on Tuesday.
    I'm under a Canada Post corporate plan. Have it with 2.5 GB of data and under BYOP.
    So I pay $66.50 plus taxes ($42 plan + 24.50 data). Regular consumer $95.
    I live in BC.
    I changed it with a week left in my rotation so I won't get to see the full affect of the bill till April.
    I'm glad I'm on corporate. This is the plan I have always wanted since I sometimes go to the USA.
    Nice, I am getting the SK plan and going to port my secondary phone's # to Fongo and forward calls to that SK # because I would rather pay $42/month+Tax for 5GB and use that plan in Canada and USA than pay extra $26.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    My Telus EPP is doing similarly, you have the option to get a $7/mth add on to your plan for the US roaming/calling feature, eg 10gb nationwide is 94.50, but if you want the US plan its 101.50.

One thing to note is that it seems as though Telus has fewer agreements with the regional US carriers than Bell and Rogers, this won't affect most users, but there are a few missing that I notice (Indigo in Northern PA, and Northeast Wireless in ME) these are areas not as well covered by AT&T and T-Mobile.

Nice, although AT&T has a great network in my opinion across major highways in most parts of Eastern and Mid West US.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've got a chance to roll my EPP plan into this (I believe it's going to be $39/month plus data). For those of you who have already got this plan how will Easy Roam work? Obviously there won't be any US charges but can you still have it at $10/day for international roaming?

Also, on the EPP's there are three other family members who "just" have Nationwide plans. Can I just add myself to the new plan (since I travel to the US a lot) but the rest of the family still stay on Nationwide with Easy Roam?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by catechumen View Post
    I've got a chance to roll my EPP plan into this (I believe it's going to be $39/month plus data). For those of you who have already got this plan how will Easy Roam work? Obviously there won't be any US charges but can you still have it at $10/day for international roaming?

Also, on the EPP's there are three other family members who "just" have Nationwide plans. Can I just add myself to the new plan (since I travel to the US a lot) but the rest of the family still stay on Nationwide with Easy Roam?
    OK, I found out all the answers. I did roll my EPP plan into the Can-US today. The net additional cost was $6.50/month ($10-35%). You can keep Easy Roam although the US $7/day disappears and the International $10/day remains. The other family members can (and did) stay on the Nationwide Unlimited. So, I'm paying $136.50 for Canada-US unlimited + 20GB's. The data is shared with the family. They would continue to pay $7/day if we travelled to the US although I wouldn't have any roaming charges.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OK, I found out all the answers. I did roll my EPP plan into the Can-US today. The net additional cost was $6.50/month ($10-35%). You can keep Easy Roam although the US $7/day disappears and the International $10/day remains. The other family members can (and did) stay on the Nationwide Unlimited. So, I'm paying $136.50 for Canada-US unlimited + 20GB's. The data is shared with the family. They would continue to pay $7/day if we travelled to the US although I wouldn't have any roaming charges.
    Did you have to contact the company associated with your employer?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Did you have to contact the company associated with your employer?
    Nope. Just called the Telus Corporate line and they just changed it directly. Took two minutes. Everything reflected online on my Telus account page. Very easy.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Just called the Telus Corporate line and they just changed it directly. Took two minutes. Everything reflected online on my Telus account page. Very easy.
    May I please get their #. Thank you.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    May I please get their #. Thank you.
    Sorry for the wait...

Telus Corporate Toll-Free: 1-866-848-3587

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Made a couple of calls to the USA and some text messages. Shows up in my usage with a big fat $0.00 beside it!!! Haven't gone down into the USA to test it out. Weird thing is that after I changed the plan, Easy Roam $7 was still showing up in my account. The lady said oh because its for data. I was like ahhh no, its supposed to be an all inclusive plan. She goes well we will make an exception, since you've been a long time customer. There is no wording in the terms and conditions of the Canada-US plan where you are covered only for calls and text. Plus, who would want a plan like this if data wasn't included??? Anyways, will have to see for myself.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    "The new Canada-US plan gives you complete peace of mind on both sides of the border. No additional US roaming and long distance charges. It has never been easier for frequent US travelers, snowbirds and people with family and friends in the States to stay connected. Enjoy unlimited talk and text across Canada and the US, and use your data just like you would at home."

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is this available to anyone?? Could someone just call their corp line and sign up for new service no questions asked?? Seems like some info isn't being published here.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merve04 View Post
    Is this available to anyone?? Could someone just call their corp line and sign up for new service no questions asked?? Seems like some info isn't being published here.
    I think anyone can sign up for the CAN-US plan at $60 plus data. Obviously the EPP discount would have to be done through a company portal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast