Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Telus BYOD NEW Canada-US Wide Plans (No extra roaming charges in USA)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Kind of what I thought, at $60 plus cost of data is simply not worth it. Even with the BYOP discount, still steep.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merve04 View Post
    Is this available to anyone?? Could someone just call their corp line and sign up for new service no questions asked?? Seems like some info isn't being published here.
    Seems like I was pretty clear at mentioning when I said these prices are available normal, and with a corporate discount, obviously that would be for people working for eligible companies, I did not publish a "How to get this plan" guide.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I sign up for a Saskatchewan plan and number with TELUS, will porting in an Ontario number force a plan change or will the plan stay intact like Koodo? Wondering this because I can get 15GB for $55 with corp discount.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    If I sign up for a Saskatchewan plan and number with TELUS, will porting in an Ontario number force a plan change or will the plan stay intact like Koodo? Wondering this because I can get 15GB for $55 with corp discount.
    I was told that if you want to keep your Ontario number, then you fall into the EPP deal of the province your number is from.... which is nothing close to the off the street SK plan you're referencing.

Whether or not there exists a way around that without some serious massaging, .... well.... I've been convinced there isn't.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    I was told that if you want to keep your Ontario number, then you fall into the EPP deal of the province your number is from.... which is nothing close to the off the street SK plan you're referencing.

Whether or not there exists a way around that without some serious massaging, .... well.... I've been convinced there isn't.
    I'm eligible for the EPP plan through my employer. We have 15GB for $55 with a SK number. On Koodo you can port your out of province number in and keep the plan. TELUS self serve also lets you port in but would the plan stay intact as well? I'm tempted to try lol

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm eligible for the EPP plan through my employer. We have 15GB for $55 with a SK number. On Koodo you can port your out of province number in and keep the plan. TELUS self serve also lets you port in but would the plan stay intact as well? I'm tempted to try lol
    Which company is handling your EPP Plan enrollment?

There are corporate dealers, some people I know have been refused EPP pricing if they want a SK # / Plan because they are not residents of that province.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Well, let me know how it goes if i could port in my 416, it would make life a helluva lot easier...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Which company is handling your EPP Plan enrollment?

There are corporate dealers, some people I know have been refused EPP pricing if they want a SK # / Plan because they are not residents of that province.
    It's with Mobileaxs.

I was planning to open a prepaid line with Fido with a SK number, then sign up for a BYOD SK plan through the EPP and select the option to port the number in on activation, since it gives me the option to do that. But it also lets me choose a SK city for the phone number, so porting from Fido might not be necessary. Just looking at it now, it even lets me pick Ontario as the "service city" after choosing the SK plan. But I'm assuming that the agents manually enter the orders as they come in.

Worth a try I suppose. Worst case they say no.

To compare, the Ontario 10GB BYOD US/CAN plan is $94.25.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Screenshot for the SK EPP plan.

Attachment 149884

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by catechumen View Post
    Sorry for the wait...

Telus Corporate Toll-Free: 1-866-848-3587
    Thanks for this number! My corporate rep wanted to charge me $40 per line to change my plan around. These guys did it over the phone free of charge (unless I have a surprise charge coming on my next bill). We went from:

My line:
    $54 ($20 base plan + $30 data + $4 to convert data to US)
    300 shareable minutes
    Evenings/weekends @ 6
    1GB Can/US data
    $0.25/min US roaming
    Unlimited text (within Canada; no MMS)
    Call display/waiting/conference/forwarding/voicemail 25

This was a legacy plan from the 3 year contract days, and I haven't been able to renew it in years as a result; but because of my frequent trips to the US and the low rate I've kept it in place and have purchased my phones outright.

Her line:
    $50
    500 shareable minutes
    Evenings/weekends @ 6
    Free TELUS to TELUS (nationwide)
    Unlimited text/mms within Canada
    1GB Canadian data
    Call display/waiting/forwarding/conference/voicemail 25
    Total $104 before tax

We've now switched to this new BYOD plan:

My line:
    $42 for the Can/US voice/text plan (includes 30% discount)
    $31.50 for 4GB of shareable data

Her line:
    $60 for the Can/US voice/text plan
    She shares my data

That gives us each unlimited calling and texting to/from Canada and the US, as well as 4GB of shareable data within both countries; and of course all the other bells and whistles that come with that base plan (caller ID, voicemail 25, MMS, call forwarding, conference calling, call waiting).

Total $133.50 before tax

My own corporate rep told me the second line would have to go on the $75 premium smartphone plan (non BYOD) as she still had a few months left on her device balance, but on the phone they said that didn't matter.

Hoping we can easily change to non-BYOD (with a small increase in the fee of course) when we're ready for new phones. I'm waiting for the KEYone.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merve04 View Post
    Kind of what I thought, at $60 plus cost of data is simply not worth it. Even with the BYOP discount, still steep.
    Do you qualify for corporate? If not then yes it is a lot for a cell phone plan, mine would be $95. Let's just say, getting the 30% and playing BYOP $42 (Canada/US) + $24.50 (2.5 GB) is way better than Telus' lowest priced BYOP $65 (300 daytime minutes and 1 GB) for consumers.

So glad they came out with this plan for corporate. Just the thought of paying the same fixed price every month (unless I go over in data) for the foreseeable future. Not having to worry about paying $7 per day to use it in the USA or even calling ($0.50 per minute) or texting ($0.60) to the USA from here.
    I can be in Canada/US and use in Canada/US for $75 taxes in. Thank god I'm on a corporate plan.

Feedback Score
    I had a look at the plan. Online it gives the option for selecting the plan and data pool, but it seems to need a phone to be selected. Is this not available as a byod? Or is it required to call in to order the plan?

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sachmomo View Post
    I had a look at the plan. Online it gives the option for selecting the plan and data pool, but it seems to need a phone to be selected. Is this not available as a byod? Or is it required to call in to order the plan?
    http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/...Plans__EN#byod

I see it there.

Feedback Score
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't think I was clear. The option for byod is there to select a plan, however once selected, to move on to the check out page, you have to select a phone (green button) otherwise you can't move to the check out page. There is no option for sim only.

Quote Originally Posted by gong_8 View Post

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Does it require a SK number/address to apply for the SK plan, or can use ON number to apply directly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast