Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Pop charging me on free plan??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    sorry when i said 4 emails, i recheck and yes i have 8 emails, i used 2 different emails, in each email account i have 4 emails, so yes i have 8 emails
    That's good that they got cancelled then.

You may have been late to cancel though.

You can call 1 (888) 743-8107 .

I doubt they are open on the weekend except maybe sales.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    That's good that they got cancelled then.

You may have been late to cancel though.

You can call 1 (888) 743-8107 .

I doubt they are open on the weekend except maybe sales.

i did this 2 weeks after i activate the only 1 SIM (other 3 SIMs was never active), i had plenty of time before my end of billing cycle.

thank you for the phone number, i will be calling Monday morning

Feedback Score
    If you have more than one phone on the same email account, I think you have to select each of the phone and disable all the services and downgrade the plan separately. Maybe the services is enabled on one of the alternate phone under the same email account?

Feedback Score
    I also received a $7.99 charge to the credit card I used for 1 of the FP numbers. Yes, I downgraded to the free account and cancelled all extra/premium/plus services as soon as I received the SIM but I still got the $7.99 today. I am contacting the FP admin in the FP Community forums now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    I also received a $7.99 charge to the credit card I used for 1 of the FP numbers. Yes, I downgraded to the free account and cancelled all extra/premium/plus services as soon as I received the SIM but I still got the $7.99 today. I am contacting the FP admin in the FP Community forums now.
    Did you join one month ago or two months ago?

If it was 2 months ago, I know what it is.

Also can you look at your billing detail online and get the details of what and when?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I checked and it said the $7.99 was for the FP Premium Plus but I cancelled it already when I received the SIM. In my account, it says: "You have not signed up for any services yet.
    Check out the available services below to get the most out of your FreedomPop experience."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    Yes, I checked and it said the $7.99 was for the FP Premium Plus but I cancelled it already when I received the SIM. In my account, it says: "You have not signed up for any services yet.
    Check out the available services below to get the most out of your FreedomPop experience."
    Well they will refund it but let us know what they say when they do.

If you accepted the "Free Departing Gift" when cancelling then that is the explanation as it is actually another free trial that morphs into a monthly charge.

I myself was taken in my that one but they refunded it no problem.

But that does not exactly sound like it was the issue in your case.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I will keep you updated on this. I am waiting for their reply. I read a few other people had the same billing problem and they also are contacting FP for the refunds.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    So after reading this thread, I decided to downgrade my plan and service on one of my recent BYOD activations. I activated 3 Moto E phones in February that were previously on R+. I had downgraded the other 2 last week.

When I downgraded, I received 2 emails, one for the plan downgrade and the other for the service downgrade (or cancellation as the email says).

After I confirmed that I had downgraded both the plan and services, I checked the different screens to make sure everything was set and I would have no surprises.

On the My Account - Plans page, it shows Basic 200 Plan for $0.00 per month.
    On the My Account - Services page, it shows
    You have not signed up for any services yet.
    Check out the available services below to get the most out of your FreedomPop experience.
    On the My Account - Overview page, it shows everything correctly, except under My Services it shows Freedompop Premium Plus $7.99/mo.

I checked the other 2 Moto accounts that were downgraded last week and those show the same. I checked the other accounts I have/manage and those show the same as the account services page "You have not signed up for any services yet.".

So it looks like there is a glitch or issue with new accounts and this could explain what's happening to others in this thread. Or is this another sneaky way for FP to bill.

OK, so now I go back to the overview page on the account(s) that had this issue and click on the "View Details" link next to the Freedompop Premium Plus and that link goes to https://www.freedompop.com/acct_serv...PHONE-02-trial and at the bottom of that page, there is "To deactivate the FreedomPop Premium Plus service, click here".

After downgrading services a second time, it now shows "You have not signed up for any services yet." on the account overview page.

Like I said, this may be a bug and hopefully will be fixed. Frankly, seeing "offerSku=OFFER-PREMIER-PHONE-02-trial" makes me wonder. In which case, wow, just wow! They're going to keep making it more and more difficult to make sure you're not billed for unwanted plans and services.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    ........Like I said, this may be a bug and hopefully will be fixed. Frankly, seeing "offerSku=OFFER-PREMIER-PHONE-02-trial" makes me wonder. In which case, wow, just wow! They're going to keep making it more and more difficult to make sure you're not billed for unwanted plans and services.
    I just checked the four lines I added recently (after the RingPlus shutdown announcement) and all are ok.

You didn't accept the "free parting gift" of "one month free Premier" by any chance when downgrading originally, did you? I am afraid that accepting it amounts to re-enrolling into another cycle of what one has just downgraded from! As I mentioned, I fell into that trap earlier and learned better (they did refund it no problem).

Otherwise, it must be a bug, but it's possible that they are taking their time in fixing it - I do not know. Possibly it occurs if you do not start from the overview page for each downgrade, which is what I did. Or possibly it is occurring depending on when you downgrade. I always take the trial and then downgrade toward the end of the 30 day period.
    Last edited by comintel; 03-05-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Volt, LG clamshell,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus,T-Mo prepaid,Truphone
    Feedback Score
    This thread has convinced me to stay away from Freedom Pop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >This thread has convinced me to stay away from Freedom Pop.

Yes!
    Double Yes!

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I just checked the four lines I added recently (after the RingPlus shutdown announcement) and all are ok.

You didn't accept the "free parting gift" of "one month free Premier" by any chance when downgrading originally, did you? I am afraid that accepting it amounts to re-enrolling into another cycle of what one has just downgraded from! As I mentioned, I fell into that trap earlier and learned better (they did refund it no problem).

Otherwise, it must be a bug, but it's possible that they are taking their time in fixing it - I do not know. Possibly it occurs if you do not start from the overview page for each downgrade, which is what I did. Or possibly it is occurring depending on when you downgrade. I always take the trial and then downgrade toward the end of the 30 day period.
    I selected cancel at each step. I even have screenshots. Unless they are switching the selection. I just think there was a second Premier Plus plan on some of these activations/offers. If it is a bug, they may not even know about it yet. I haven't seen anyone else see this and I've been reading several threads on slickdeals along with here.

Feedback Score
    I also had screenshots of every step I made and also the emails FP sent me to confirm the free plan downgrade and the plus services cancellation. I will have no problems filing the charge dispute with the bank that issued my cc. But I'd like to give FreedomPop a chance to refund the incorrect charge.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    I selected cancel at each step. I even have screenshots. Unless they are switching the selection. I just think there was a second Premier Plus plan on some of these activations/offers. If it is a bug, they may not even know about it yet. I haven't seen anyone else see this and I've been reading several threads on slickdeals along with here.
    That happened to me as well. My first reaction was that it may take a moment or two to update the Overview page, but I didn't wait to see. I went ahead and cancelled a second time and everything looked good.

Sent from my LGLS740 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast