Thread: Who to contact if possible tower issue?

Feedback Score

Who to contact if possible tower issue?

The T-Mobile coverage at my house was better than any of the 4 carriers when I signed up about 3 weeks ago. I was getting speeds between 3-15Mb/s and a solid 2 bars (dots) all the time.
    Suddenly about a week ago, My signal is now 1 bar (dot) and sometimes briefly goes to 2 bars (dots) and my speeds have tanked to never higher than 1.5 Mb/s and most times much lower.
    It seems like there is a tower issue somewhere around here and I think it happened after we had some major winds from a sudden cold blast.
    Who or what would be the best course of action for me to take to get someone to look into this?
    I don't have facebook or use twitter. Is there a number or email I can use to get to the right people? Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I just called technical support and a recording said there was an issue in my area that was being worked on. I held on and talked to a live agent that confirmed the same thing, she was not very specific but said it was a fiber optic issue and it would be resolved in 24 hours.
    Not sure how a fiber optic issue would result in a lower signal but it would explain the slow speeds I suddenly have.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I just called technical support and a recording said there was an issue in my area that was being worked on. I held on and talked to a live agent that confirmed the same thing, she was not very specific but said it was a fiber optic issue and it would be resolved in 24 hours.
    Not sure how a fiber optic issue would result in a lower signal but it would explain the slow speeds I suddenly have.
    Do keep us updated. Maybe the tower was knocked offline due to the fiber optic issue and you're getting signal from another tower. Or maybe range was reduced to compensate for the slow backhaul - lots of possibilities. Let us know how the signal and speed changes once fixed.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    Do keep us updated. Maybe the tower was knocked offline due to the fiber optic issue and you're getting signal from another tower. Or maybe range was reduced to compensate for the slow backhaul - lots of possibilities. Let us know how the signal and speed changes once fixed.
    I will. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Could be a faulty cable on the tower if it isn't backhaul related. As with all things as delicate as fiber there is a tendency to breakdown or have a connection knocked loose in cases of bad weather. Heck I've seen wind knock antenna mounting brackets loose and antennas just dangling from their mounts. Scarier for me if I'm on site as a field tech/engineer since that thing could just snap off and plummet to the ground.

If it's a cable it's maybe about a day fix to remove the old cable and install a new one.