Thread: Which case should I Get for iphone 7 Plus, do I need a screen protector too?

Feedback Score

Which case should I Get for iphone 7 Plus, do I need a screen protector too?

I'm purchasing my first iPhone 7 Plus and was wondering what is the best type of case to have, I'm a guy so I tend to give my phone in my pocket,

I tend to keep keep my car key fob and very few keys in the same pocket as my phone, I was hoping to just have a bumper type case to protect from drops and I was wondering if a screen protector is required? And if so, which one? I don't like the idea of a screen protector because in the past I find it took some of that nice screen feeling away.

Your input appreciated, if you could specify make and model of accessories if you recommend it, are apple cases the best?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Watch 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You don't need a screen protector if it's something you'd rather not have on. I use one on my 7 Plus as I've had one on all my iPhones thus far so it's just something that I've gotten used to. As for a case, I use the Black Apple leather one on mine which has worked out fine so far. I figured the 7 Plus is large enough without adding more bulk to it. If you need something more protective you can check out the Life Proof case. My friend has it on hers and it doesn't look too big.

Sent from my iPhone iPhone 7 Plus.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I use a Spigen tough amour on mine 6, dropped it a few times on the hard floor, no damage or scratches.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A lot of this is personal preference, and how much you care about minor dings and scratches. The iPhone does not require a case or screen protector, there are many that like using iPhones "naked."

I don't use a screen protector and have no scratches on my screen, I've been impressed with how tough the glass is. OTOH, I previously kept my phone in a front pocket by itself and I'm now using a wallet case, so the screen is getting some protection. If you want the screen to remain pristine and scratch free, then you likely will want a screen protector, just for the peace of mind. Most would recommend a glass screen protector, with many liking the Zagg Luxe protector (though it is a bit pricy).

As for cases, what kind of cases do you like? If you want something that provides decent protection, but not great, and is thin and feels great then the Apple cases are quite good. I agree with the person who recommended the Apple Leather, they have a great feel and are good looking, you get great button "feel," though they are quite thin and leave the bottom unprotected. Many people like the Apple Silicone, as well. If you can go to an Apple Store, they'll have Apple cases on display, so you can see how it will look and feel.

If you want something with more protection, many are liking the UAG Monarch Midnight case. On a case thread, on another forum, it seems to be the favorite case of many, including some people that have bought a dozen or more cases.

In my case, I've found I really like using a wallet style case but where the phone is in a detachable case held on by a magnet, I'm currently using the Dreem Fibbonacci case; it is a "vegan leather" but feels good and seems to hld up well. It ws a good option, when I wasn't sure how well I'd like a wallet case, so that I cold buy the case without a huge investment. I've found I really like not having to carry a separate wallet, and have been looking at an Ullu Piggyback or a Burkley wallet case -- more expensive but made of premium leather.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Sparin glass screen protector for my iPad mini 4 from Amazon a week ago and installation was a breeze. Total was $5.99 including shipping with Amazon Prime. It really looks great and the fit is perfect. I liked it so well I ordered two iPad Air 2's and another one (Two Pack Actually) for a new to me, iPhone SE. All went on easily and you can remove and reinstall if it's a little crooked or off center. The iPhone 7 Plus model is currently $6.99 with free Prime shipping, and it's a 2 pack for that price. I paid $40 for Apple to install one on my i7+ and it's no better. Check it out when you have a chance. The reviews are very good.

Feedback Score
    So I decided on the Spigen Slim black with Kick stand along with tempered glass screen protector.

The protector is just,generic, one store sells and applies for $10 which is. 26mm and 2.5d, another store sells and applies for $15, not sure of the specs.

How does that sound for case and does the $10 specs of screen protector sound ok?

I'm also ordering the Spigen magnetic vent mount holder for my car, i know it messes with wireless charging, but I'm hoping apple pay still works.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I consider a tempered glass screen protector a must. The slightest imperfection on my screen drives me straight up a tree. And I dropped my iPhone once and the tempered glass screen protector shattered, but the screen itself is still pristine. I'll never be without one from now on.

For cases on my 6s Plus I prefer the Apple silicone ones. Just personal preference, but for me it balances minimalist design with a modicum of protection. I carry my phone in my t-shirt pocket and the silicone cases give it just enough grip so the phone doesn't fall out when I bend over. That happens all the time with other cases - even the Apple leather cases. Love the look/feel of the leather but that's how my phone fell and broke the screen protector.