Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ZTE Mobley USB Tethering ASUS Router and probably others!

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TopGun2000 View Post
    No that won't work as it needs 12 volts

If you want to purchase one they are on ebay, maybe amazon too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Adapter-...QAAOSw32lYwuee
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot since 05/2016

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to do this setup, but I am truly a novice. Can someone tell me if I can use a netgear WNDR3400v3.

There is a USB port on the back. I logged into netgear genie, but I don't understand what to do. I also looked and there isn't a DD-WRT flash for this router.

If I get a router that I can flash with DD-WRT will I be able to tether? Or will I just have to set it up as a repeater. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC_turbo View Post
    I'm trying to do this setup, but I am truly a novice. Can someone tell me if I can use a netgear WNDR3400v3.

There is a USB port on the back. I logged into netgear genie, but I don't understand what to do. I also looked and there isn't a DD-WRT flash for this router.

If I get a router that I can flash with DD-WRT will I be able to tether? Or will I just have to set it up as a repeater. Thanks in advance

do you have a power source plugged into the OBDII in addition to the microusb on the mobley plugged into the netgear?

see if your netgear supports usb modems, if it doesn't and there is no custom firmware then you are SOL. you would be better finding a forum specific to your netgear.

Feedback Score
    Ok. Yes all are plugged in and I'm don't see it anywhere about USB modems. I will check netgear forums. Thank you

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Yes all are plugged in and I'm don't see it anywhere about USB modems. I will check netgear forums. Thank you

I don't even see this option on the Netgear R9000.

Feedback Score
    So I am able to get my hands on a different netgear router that I can flash with DD-WRT software. Once I flash it, will I be able to tether, or will I just have to use it as a repeater

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    So I am able to get my hands on a different netgear router that I can flash with DD-WRT software. Once I flash it, will I be able to tether, or will I just have to use it as a repeater

DD-WRT isn't necessarily what enables. you need a usb port and the hardware has to support it in addition to the software. lets not clutter this thread with home router configuration questions... we've already established if the router supports usb modems it should work with the mobley tethered via usb so long as the mobley has an external power source.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm works with DD-WRT and the TP-Link WR1043 my favorite cheap go to router! This just keeps getting better. I love these TP-Links, I typically load Gargoyle and disable the wireless, then use a Unifi AP-LR.

Oh I can't wait for my antenna adapter to get here and I can try to defeat my 2 bars of LTE!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican-bum View Post
    A BIG thanks goes out to mossme89 for posting that tethering works with Linux.

Just checked and Mobley works perfect tethered via USB to ASUS $80 T-mobile branded router. I am actually powering the mobley off one USB and tethering to the other USB. So the ASUS router is fully powering the Mobley which is nice!

Literally just plug it in, set APN and DNS and done! All other info was already correct, as it auto detected the mobley.

Using this router
    T-Mobile (AC-1900) By ASUS Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router, AiProtection with Trend Micro for Complete Network Security https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYTAURW..._4BDZyb9YVHTJ9

Using USB power adapter, posting on how to make one in the other thread, can also be purchased on eBay.

MicroUSB cable(microUSB port on side of mobley)

Plugged both to the USB ports on back of router.

Attachment 149898
    Your router is using very, very old firmware. There have been numerous updates and security fixes released in newer firmware versions. I highly recommend you update your router's firmware ASAP.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

ZTE Mobley USB Tethering ASUS Router and probably others!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Your router is using very, very old firmware. There have been numerous updates and security fixes released in newer firmware versions. I highly recommend you update your router's firmware ASAP.
    Lol, I did! I literally just unboxed it when I took those pics. It's actually not hooked up right now, going to give to my dad.

Thanks though :-)

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Okay, sorry. I was just looking out for you. I didn't want your router to get hacked, or anything.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Okay, sorry. I was just looking out for you. I didn't want your router to get hacked, or anything.
    Hey no worries! I probably should have pointed that out in my post for anyone that gets that router.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that for the people in rural areas a solution to increase slow speeds is to hook up two mobley's to a Asus router that has dual wan support. It will not double your speed in all cases, But in most cases it will.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfry View Post
    Keep in mind that for the people in rural areas a solution to increase slow speeds is to hook up two mobley's to a Asus router that has dual wan support. It will not double your speed in all cases, But in most cases it will.
    They support USB model dual wan? I thought it could only do one USB and one regular internet connection?

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hytekj View Post
    They support USB model dual wan? I thought it could only do one USB and one regular internet connection?
    It would take a second router with the USB connection or in WiFi repeater mode to feed it to the asus router wan port.

Cheap router to feed the Mobley to a wan port on the Asus router. Should work, need to verify
    https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wirel...%2Brouter&th=1

Asus router setup to do dual wan load balance, Not all Asus routers have this option.
    https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1011719/

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast