Cricket
    Feedback Score

moto g5 plus tips?

I just picked up the Moto g5 plus.
    Love it so far.
    Any tips tricks etc
    Coming from an idol 3 w/Android 6.1
    What's new in 7.0?

Is there a way to make it reboot instead of just power down?

what is the turbo charge requirements? It came with an ac adapter in the box, can I use any usb cord (ie a longer cable); it's safe to charge my other devices with it?

what else should I know?
    Alcatel idol 3

Feedback Score
    I activated new G5 Plus today. I can tell you this:
    You can use any cable to charge it. I used an old one that I keep plugged in... no problem charging it.
    Works great with my Tracfone sim on Verizon towers.
    Functions perfect with Cell2phone feature on Panasonic home phone.
    When listening to the FM Radio I experience static noise when the screen is on. When screen times out the noise goes away. The audio connector has been moved to the bottom near the USB/Power port.
    Love the way the sim/sd card has been moved outside of the phone to the top. Makes it a snap to change sims and sd cards.
    Great display. VERY FAST and snappy performance.
    Update:
    Forgot to mention that TuneIn Radio tends to lockup each time I added a station to Favorites. Do not have this problem with the G4.
    When downloading and installing apps, this phone is wicked fast. Much faster than my iPhone 7.

Feedback Score
    Care to comment on the speaker? I've read some negative reviews such as: The single speaker is an obvious weakness. It sounds tinny and rumbly and it vibrates the Moto G5 if you turn the volume up beyond halfway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcanguy_eh View Post
    Care to comment on the speaker? I've read some negative reviews such as: The single speaker is an obvious weakness. It sounds tinny and rumbly and it vibrates the Moto G5 if you turn the volume up beyond halfway.
    Somebody must have a bad speaker. My speaker sounds just fine. I can turn it up with no problem when listening to music stations. No vibration, crackling, rumbling or anything unusual. I prefer earphones though, and mostly listen to talk radio.

Feedback Score
    My speaker on mine is very loud. Great!

Annoyances that I didn't expect? No reboot (as mentioned by someone else), and boot-up takes very LONG
    (with a very horrid very long digital bootup cartoon, like the worst of 2009 Flash web page front ends, that screams "We aren't mature enough to be Apple or even Samsung")

Everything else is great!
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's a great phone for the money. You'll miss out on having a great camera and no ability to use Android Pay. Other than that you cannot get a better phone for that cost. I found it to have fantastic battery life too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The speaker on mine is quite fine for quality, across all volume levels. However, the loudspeaker, which is now combined with the earpiece speaker, is nowhere near as loud as the rear loudspeaker on my original Moto G. It's acceptable, but no more. It's just sufficient to hear well while doing audio turn-by-turn navigation when not in my pocket.

Feedback Score
    Just got the Moto G5 Plus two days ago and it's a much better device than my previous iPhone 6S (does not swim) and Samsung J7 Prime (don't buy..ugg). The camera on the G5+ got the same DXOMark rating as the iPhone 6S without the smearing when viewed large that the iPhone shows. Apple uses too much noise reduction on their images which in turn causes them to lose sharpness. The camera on the G5+ is excellent and handles bright outdoor scenes (white balance) very well.
    Speaker? Sounds great on earpiece or speaker phone. Screen is much sharper with better colors than my iPhone 6S too. Impressive phone and no need to spend $800. or $1000 for the iPhone X..iFools..lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Just got the Moto G5 Plus two days ago and it's a much better device than my previous iPhone 6S (does not swim) and Samsung J7 Prime (don't buy..ugg). The camera on the G5+ got the same DXOMark rating as the iPhone 6S without the smearing when viewed large that the iPhone shows. Apple uses too much noise reduction on their images which in turn causes them to lose sharpness. The camera on the G5+ is excellent and handles bright outdoor scenes (white balance) very well.
    Speaker? Sounds great on earpiece or speaker phone. Screen is much sharper with better colors than my iPhone 6S too. Impressive phone and no need to spend $800. or $1000 for the iPhone X..iFools..lol.
    The Moto G5 does not swim either! Urgent notice, in fact: I hope you read this before you take a bath with it.

And yes, iPhones are supposed to be premium phones, yet Apple feels it must degrade the user experience in order to save them a few cents from having such basic features as a headphone jack or microSD: features that even many $20 burners have.

Those who argue that the Apple experience is "user-centered design" should honestly consider the extremely lopsided results if Apple took a vote on certain features:
    1) Expandable memory vs none.
    2) Headphone jack vs "courage" of none.
    3) The choice between good battery/thicker phone and horrible battery/bendably-thin phone.
    4) Freedom to move files on and off the phone vs only being able to this with photos.
    5) Basic UI changes like icon size vs "Cupertino knows best".

In this and many other areas, Apple goes with "one size fits few" and neglects the user experience. Does anyone have any doubt that all of these polls/votes would go toward open, configurable systems and against Apple's own whims"

I recently considered whether or not to switch from Android to iPhone, but I realized there is so much to lose: from going to crippled sub-standard hardware as mentioned above, to the fact that I can't simply copy files to and from a USB-connected computer without jailbreaking (an operation that is intuitive and takes seconds on Android), to all the apps that I use daily on Android that simply do not exist on IOS.

Still, of course, there are certain advantages to iPhones, such as instant OS upgrades and hardware that is premium quality even if it lacks the standard features found even on Android burners. And Apple scorching Android always in benchmark speed tests which prove Apple's prowess in crushing speed tests which one struggles to find instances of "real world' usage where there is such a difference.
    -------------

More back "on topic", a flaw on the Moto G 5th to mention: I have ALWAYS had mine in a case. Recently I took the case of the back to find that the dark grey color has rubbed off in several spots on the back to reveal unpainted aluminum. This, while protected in a case. I've never seen something get damaged while protected like this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaafreen View Post
    I love Moto phones.. It is a quality phone in good budget
    I might switch to a top, premium Motorola next year if they come out with one in the spring that has Band 71 for T-Mobile, a GREAT camera (instead of something hardly better than the Moto G 5th, which is what the "better" Moto's have had this year), and a screen that doesn't fall off after 2 weeks (a "feature" of this year's top Moto)