Thread: Will my line access fee go up?

Feedback Score

Will my line access fee go up?

If I upgrade a line on my account which is eligible, with a monthly payment, will my line access go to $40 from $20?I am looking at doing do at Best Buy.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I believe not unless you're a current grandfathered data plan holder that is still in contract and can buy another phone through the portal page at cheaper prices. I think they're saying Verizon quit offering "contracts" back in January. You can buy through them and make payments, but no contract and no bump up to $40 on your access line fee.

Someone please let me know if I got that wrong.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I believe as long as you do not sign a contract, the access fee remains $20. If you sign a 2 year contract then you get hit with the $40 access fees. https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ne_access_fee/

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Traditional 2 year contracts on cell phones are a thing of the past. Device Payment Plans are the new equivalent of contracts. The $20 access fee will go away, that's what happened when I upgraded my phone last May.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Traditional 2 year contracts on cell phones are a thing of the past. Device Payment Plans are the new equivalent of contracts. The $20 access fee will go away, that's what happened when I upgraded my phone last May.
    What? I thought there was a $20 access fee on every line, Contract or no contract.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    False. There are still some who can get 2 year contracts and those are the people with $40 line access fees. Right from the verizon site:
    "If you're currently making monthly device payments or own the phone, the monthly access charge will be $20.

If you purchased the phone at a discounted price, the monthly access charge will remain at $40 until each device contract expires. Once each device contract expires, the monthly access charge automatically drops to $20."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    False. There are still some who can get 2 year contracts and those are the people with $40 line access fees. Right from the verizon site:
    "If you're currently making monthly device payments or own the phone, the monthly access charge will be $20.

If you purchased the phone at a discounted price, the monthly access charge will remain at $40 until each device contract expires. Once each device contract expires, the monthly access charge automatically drops to $20."
    I picked up an s8 on contract and my line access charge is $10. I am on the nationwide plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Pham00 View Post
    I picked up an s8 on contract and my line access charge is $10. I am on the nationwide plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah the old plans are different. If you are still grandfathered with an older, no longer existing plan they break things down different. I am on a similar plan (grandfathered unlimited data nationwide and it is $10 as well)

Feedback Score
    My line has no access fee whatsoever. Hmmm...

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrperkster View Post
    My line has no access fee whatsoever. Hmmm...
    What plan are you on?

Feedback Score
    2GB or 1GB Loyalty plans don't have any line access fee. But once contract expires, price stays the same.

Before, you could renew the contract and get a subsidized phone for $200 (or less if you get it on sale). Now, it will cost you full price basically.
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Feedback Score
    Old grandfathered UDP loyalty 200 minutes. Of note, I never take a subsidized device, or use DPP. I purchase all my devices outright at full retail price.