Thread: Will VZW honor S8 promo (i.e., trade-in and upgrade to UDP) retroactively?

Device(s)
    GS6E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Will VZW honor S8 promo (i.e., trade-in and upgrade to UDP) retroactively?

This morning, I upgraded all devices on my family plan to the Unlimited Data plan (3 phones and 3 tablets). But, later this evening, I learned about the S8 pre-order/upgrade/trade-in promo.

Will Verizon allow me to make use of this promo, even though I already upgraded to Unlimited earlier today? I'd like to trade in one mobile device (Galaxy S6) and get the 50% discount on the Galaxy S8.

Or will they fight me on this and tell me that I have to pre-order at the time of the upgrade?

Feedback Score
    There is no requirement that you have to change plans at the same time. Anyone on the new unlimited qualifies for the promo. The only requirement is that you're on the plan.

Device(s)
    GS6E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    There is no requirement that you have to change plans at the same time. Anyone on the new unlimited qualifies for the promo. The only requirement is that you're on the plan.
    Thank you.

About the trade-in, how and when does Verizon appraise the phone someone trades in?

My understanding is that, for example, if you are going to pre-order the S8, you can indicate that you are trading in your S6 and you will be given a $360 promotional credit towards the S8.

But, what happens if you send in your S6 and Verizon determines that it is not in acceptable condition? For example, I have a home button that only works about 75% of the time. Also, on the front, the colored layer is de-laminating from the back of the glass. Setting aside whether these defects actually reduce the value, what happens next? Does Verizon retroactively bill you for the difference? Can you pull out of the pre-order and ask for your phone back? How does it work?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For the trade-in promotion, we will divide the inflated promotional value of the trade over 24 months. I don't think the issues cited will affect trade in value. Devices are most commonly deemed ineligible for cracked or chipped displays (even small ones), water damage and obvious signs of abuse, and non-functioning buttons that greatly hinder using it. Scratches, slight discoloration and the home button issue you cite shouldn't be a problem.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by readability View Post
    For the trade-in promotion, we will divide the inflated promotional value of the trade over 24 months. I don't think the issues cited will affect trade in value. Devices are most commonly deemed ineligible for cracked or chipped displays (even small ones), water damage and obvious signs of abuse, and non-functioning buttons that greatly hinder using it. Scratches, slight discoloration and the home button issue you cite shouldn't be a problem.
    Question - what happens if you decide to "buy-out" the lease. will the remaining $360 credit be forfeit. How does that work?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan View Post
    Question - what happens if you decide to "buy-out" the lease. will the remaining $360 credit be forfeit. How does that work?
    It's my understanding that you will lose the remaining credits. That's how VW and all the other carriers are going to "put us under contract" again IMHO.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad the B1G1 promo for the S7 last year gave out a rebate card and only needed a minimum of 6 months active with the card arriving much sooner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk