Sent from my XT1575 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Nobody ever seems to answer this question. I'd really like to know what type of coverage someone is getting on Verizon or ATT in North Dakota for example where T-Mobile has no coverage. Are they getting LTE and get 50 meg downloads or are they barely getting a signal and useable data?
    Last time I was there I had a Galaxy S III (So 2012) and had usable HSPA+ 99% of the time. I remember there being UMTS all the way back to 2009 if I recall correctly.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    Just they want to sell all their production...
    nothing else...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I see that TMo got rid of the 4G LTE verified map as well

Sent from my XT1575 using HoFo mobile app
    That's still present on the actual T-Mobile coverage map. It's just not part of this coverage comparison / EOY '17 map, which I feel is OK.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yea I'm curious how much coverage AT&T will gain after winning FirstNet in comparison.
    Well, they may build more native service in places where they currently roam (e.g. Nebraska) but I doubt that FirstNet is going to possess any particular magic to instantly expand AT&T's map.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Great find! Also as an FYI, this is showing the predicted end of 2017 LTE coverage for T-Mobile. This is great for seeing a close up view of future LTE coverage, but keep in mind that this is likely showing LTE coverage of the other carriers only up to today, so by the end of 2017 they will likely have more coverage as well.
    We are in Q2 2017, still no T-Mobile roaming on US Cellular in Wisconsin.

My handset sees US Cellular LTE when performing a manual network scan, select US Cellular, will not connect...

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hman414 View Post
    We are in Q2 2017, still no T-Mobile roaming on US Cellular in Wisconsin.

My handset sees US Cellular LTE when performing a manual network scan, select US Cellular, will not connect...
    It hasn't been announced yet, USCC still doesn't have VoLTE

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    It hasn't been announced yet, USCC still doesn't have VoLTE

Isn't the coverage map an "announcement"?

Wow, still no USCC VoLTE...It will probably be end of Q4 2017 waiting on them, ha ha...

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hman414 View Post
    Isn't the coverage map an "announcement"?

Wow, still no USCC VoLTE...It will probably be end of Q4 2017 waiting on them, ha ha...
    Well this is the same map they showed off a few more the ago, but they never said how they will arrive at that coverage, whether it be native or roaming. I'm hoping we hear from TMobile soon

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think this is the same map they presented in an earnings conference call back in January. Also, they seem to state that it is T-Mobile coverage with no asterisk for "roaming" coverage. Thus, for the most part it has to be native coverage or at least offer the same benefits of native coverage.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What drives me absolutely bonkers is how they show Iowa coverage when it's more than likely NOT T-Mobile coverage at all.

Is it T-Mobile?
    Probably not. With the Iowa network firmly in the hands of iWireless native T-Mobile coverage seems very unlikely. You try to register T-Mobile service outside of the Des Moines metro and you get a restricted number message.

Is it iWireless?
    Probably not. iWireless has separately shown it's 2017 cards on it's own map and it looks nothing like this.

Is it US Cellular?
    Yea I am betting it is... which means this is roaming coverage. You can't sign up to use this coverage, just travel there.

This is what makes me so mad at the "Un-Carrier" is the snake oil. T-Mobile is not going to start offering service in rural Iowa, but they will show off like it's going to. Yea the big 3 would screw you in the past but they would not mislead you with every single thing they say. You at least could see it coming.

Now all of them have these maps of lies, oddly sprint seems the most truthful. I love comparing the ATT/Cricket/GoPhone maps because those things are all across the board. Verizon... 4G coverage not anywhere near the density of the 3G network so many less towers yet the map makes you think it's a wall of red. Then these just absolute junk T-Mobile maps showing these gigantic 60 mile wide circles around their single towers. Barf.

Man I hate Verizon but there is literally no other choice if I want to use my phone to make phone calls. T-Mobile is making my life worse.

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    What drives me absolutely bonkers is how they show Iowa coverage when it's more than likely NOT T-Mobile coverage at all.

Is it T-Mobile?
    Probably not. With the Iowa network firmly in the hands of iWireless native T-Mobile coverage seems very unlikely. You try to register T-Mobile service outside of the Des Moines metro and you get a restricted number message.

Is it iWireless?
    Probably not. iWireless has separately shown it's 2017 cards on it's own map and it looks nothing like this.

Is it US Cellular?
    Yea I am betting it is... which means this is roaming coverage. You can't sign up to use this coverage, just travel there.

This is what makes me so mad at the "Un-Carrier" is the snake oil. T-Mobile is not going to start offering service in rural Iowa, but they will show off like it's going to. Yea the big 3 would screw you in the past but they would not mislead you with every single thing they say. You at least could see it coming.

Now all of them have these maps of lies, oddly sprint seems the most truthful. I love comparing the ATT/Cricket/GoPhone maps because those things are all across the board. Verizon... 4G coverage not anywhere near the density of the 3G network so many less towers yet the map makes you think it's a wall of red. Then these just absolute junk T-Mobile maps showing these gigantic 60 mile wide circles around their single towers. Barf.

Man I hate Verizon but there is literally no other choice if I want to use my phone to make phone calls. T-Mobile is making my life worse.
    I can guarantee the blanket coverage in the southern half of WI on the updated T-Mobile LTE coverage map is US Cellular, NOT T-Mobile native coverage they are building out.

US Cellular is already LTE roaming on T-Mobile in Michigan (upper and lower)...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I agree, there is an entire road from my town to one 5-10 miles away they claim to cover with extended range LTE that in face has little to no T-Mobile coverage for most of the drive. They are really cooking those maps. I want T-Mobile to do well, I think they are the best thing for consumers that has happened in this industry but they need to chill on the maps or build out towers to in fact fill in the coverage they claim.
    In trying to find out T-Mobile coverage, the only thing I am learning conclusively is that in this day and age, with a robust multi-billion dollar cell carrier industry and 100+ million customers, it is virtually impossible to find good information about coverage online.

The tower location web sites were either tower-lease scams or for one tiny part of the country.

The TMO web site is no help, it shows a blanket high speed LTE regardless of speed.

The Open Signal app and web site have some sort of major bug where they only rarely show T-Mobile as a carrier for display. I've tricked it into showing TMO coverage, but it is quite an ordeal. I sent them an email and hope they fix it.

The only thing of any possible use are sites with carrier review comments. but then you have to sift through the 99% troll lies (sort of like the trolls who put the same bedbug horror stories into every hotel on Tripadvisor). After much searching, I found someone who said that Band 12 with TMO gives them 3 mbps in my area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    If they can cover northern Minnesota like they're claiming to I'll be thoroughly impressed. AT&T has been fighting with Local/State government here for years to fill in their gaps up here. With their lobbyists unable to achieve such a thing I can't imagine T-Mobile's will. We'll just have to see!
    I hope there is a court case one day to stop over-reaching governments from interfering with people's property rights this way. Let the people decide, not the rulers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    In trying to find out T-Mobile coverage, the only thing I am learning conclusively is that in this day and age, with a robust multi-billion dollar cell carrier industry and 100+ million customers, it is virtually impossible to find good information about coverage online....
    T-Mobile does not have 100+ million subscribers. They had 72 milliion at the close of 2016.

End of 2016:
    Verizon 143 million*
    AT&T 134.9 million
    T-Mobile 71.5 million
    Sprint 59.5 million

*Estimated. Verizon does not report wholesale subscribers.

Sprint maps are pretty good about showing the true network coverage. AT&T is as bad or worse than T-Mo about not showing where they have gaps.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast