Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Your completely missing the point of the lawsuit...also I'm sure she didn't intentionally dump the coffee on her lap. Who would want permanent damage to there legs and genitals? McDonald's had a history of brewing the coffee far far above a safe and normal temperature. They created a safety hazard well above the expected risk when handling coffee.
    She did intentionally engage in the risky behavior which resulted in this. McDonald's didn't pop the lid off and squeeze the cup.

I got the point of the completely frivolous lawsuit. McDonald's had a history of brewing the coffee at a safe, recommended temperature. If it was a "Safety hazard", that woman would not have been able to safely consume it many times previously. The lawsuit was all about greed by those who filed it.

That woman could also have gouged her eyeball out with one of McDonald's plastic spoons. Anything is dangerous if you choose to do something stupid with it, and that intentional choice to do something stupid with it is not McDonald's fault.

But hey, it can be quite lucrative to lie in the courtroom and get rich in a legalized theft from blameless people. It's good that companies sometimes sue right back when harassed in this fashion. Morphling27 has it completely correct.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

She asked McDonald's to pay her medical bills which amounted over $10k and to regulate their coffee serving temperature. McDonald's refused time and time again and tried to settle by offering an $800 check. That's when her family stepped in on her behalf and took the legal route.
    It's a matter of principle. This was something she did to herself. McDonald's didn't do it, and they owed her nothing. McDonald's should have counter-sued her to stop the repeated harassment...greedy begging.. which you have outlined.

I've seen this story in depth: it is one of the worst examples of a completely frivolous lawsuit.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by herberg1 View Post
    Is this Thread about T-Mobile map or hot coffee
    Agreed. Can we please discontinue the McDonald's lawsuit debate in favor of the topic at hand. Thanks.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In light of that, I'd much rather the T-Mobile map were "coverage now" instead of "near future"

Regardless, I will be putting the new TMO coverage to a test in a few hours.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6