Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Essential PH-1, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Anybody have experience with Xfinity's phone financing plans? Do they do a hard or soft pull on credit? Any weird penalties or fees? Anybody try to pay it off already and unlock? If so how quick do they unlock?
    If you have Xfinity Home Internet already (or I believe any Xfinity service) they won't actually do any credit pull, that I'm aware of. Instead, the "credit check" is just to ensure you pay off your Xfinity account in a timely manner and don't have any outstanding balances. If you don't have Xfinity already they will do a credit check; I'm guessing a hard pull but don't know for sure.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    So after all of that why do I stick with XfinityMobile? Not only is their service messed up, so is their billing. However, their mistakes in that department happen to be in my favor
    Obviously everyone’s CS experience is different. Just my 2 cents from being both a Xfinity internet & XM customer I’ve noticed them going out of their way to fix things lately to the point of giving customer credits to accounts without a lot of hassle. A couple of times I didn’t even have to ask, the CS rep apologized & said we’re going to credit your account. The upper management at Comcast isn’t stupid. They realized they need to improve their poor CS reputation if for nothing else to stop the bad publicity they were receiving in the media. Don’t get me wrong, they fully earned the bad publicity they were getting.

Feedback Score
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...h-pricing-tier

I wonder if they'll bring back the $65 plan as a true unlimited option. StraightTalk offers their unlimited plan with a 60GB cap for $55, while Comcast's current plan is $45 for a 20GB softcap/throttle. I seem to recall that Xfinity originally wanted to do better double/triple play bundles. I'd like to see larger shared buckets or a bundled video service. They've been pretty quiet, probably fixing a lot of the back-end issues with porting, BYOD, billing, and activation.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...h-pricing-tier
    They've been pretty quiet, probably fixing a lot of the back-end issues with porting, BYOD, billing, and activation.
    Except there is nothing really to fix on their back end to allow for Android BYOD, all they need is to allow for a simple IMEI swap to the account like every other VZW MVNO can.

Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score
    Gurus, here is an odd one for you. I already have an activated Xfinity Mobile SIM and I need to specifically use a dumb phone (e.g Flip Phone) with it. Long story - kid at school etc but bottomline, I don't want to use a smartphone. Would the Xfinity LTE SIM be compatible with this LG Exalt LTE VN220 flip phone Verizon sells? How about something cheaper if it is unlocked. I only care about talk and text on this line. In fact, would be super if there is no web access on the phone. Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmttr1 View Post
    smartphone. Would the Xfinity LTE SIM be compatible with this LG Exalt LTE VN220 flip phone Verizon sells? How about something cheaper if it is unlocked.
    SIM should swap just fine to any Verizon compatible LTE device.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Do you have any pointers to basic/dumb phones that are Verizon LTE compatible? I mean except the Exalt VN220 and the Kyocera Cadence on Verizon's site as they are both rather expensive. Would unlocked versions of non-Verizon marketed LTE phones like the Alcatel Go-Flip etc be compatible with the Verizon LTE sim cards issued by Xfinity Mobile? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    SIM should swap just fine to any Verizon compatible LTE device.
    Last edited by gmttr1; 03-09-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I activated new line on XM to test drive the service in Harrisburg, PA to consider it as a replacement for cricket. I did a couple of speedtests and so far kinda disappointed. Anybody is getting better results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    I activated new line on XM to test drive the service in Harrisburg, PA to consider it as a replacement for cricket. I did a couple of speedtests and so far kinda disappointed. Anybody is getting better results?

I tried in in Sacramento and Reno last September and was very disappointed (much higher pings and slower speeds than Verizon proper.)

Feedback Score

Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

What device, what signal strength? What bands? How many aggregate channels?

Ive seen as high as 290mbps depending on location in the city. Rarely seen less than 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm using iPhone 6s. More info

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score

That doesn't seem much worse than you'd get on Cricket. It does appear that Verizon is aggressively depriortizing Xfinity Mobile at certain times. This is mine just now, I'm 3 miles from the tower hence the poor upload, Band 13 only.

Coincidentally, I'll be in Harrisburg tomorrow. Will run some tests there.

Name:  Screenshot_2018-03-15-11-58-04.png
Views: 458
Size:  56.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Harrisburg, PA
    My Harrisburg, PA results (taken in Steelton). Seems there is some heavy depriortization happening. Service was usable, but not what you'd expect from Verizon.

Band 17:

Name:  Screenshot_2018-03-17-09-47-20.png
Views: 367
Size:  114.8 KB

Band 4:

Name:  Screenshot_2018-03-17-09-47-28.png
Views: 371
Size:  109.0 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing your results. I'm a little disappointed. Not sure if I'd want to switch to XM from Cricket just yet.

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast