Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1236

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    LG X1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    Wow! That sounds like you gotta a good thing going! Maybe I’ll be able to same the same thing, 2 years from now...

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I signed up in Sept of 2017, got 2 LG X Charges for $1 each.. Wife uses one and does not use any data, I keep the second as a backup.. Monthly bill has never been over $5.. It is a good thing and to be honest, I am surprised that Comcast has not raised the price.. I do pay them a pretty good monthly bill for TV and Internet though..

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I signed up in Sept of 2017, got 2 LG X Charges for $1 each.. Wife uses one and does not use any data, I keep the second as a backup.. Monthly bill has never been over $5.. It is a good thing and to be honest, I am surprised that Comcast has not raised the price.. I do pay them a pretty good monthly bill for TV and Internet though..
    I hear ya there. We are in the same boat. Pay way too much for TV and Internet and we also have home phone service thru them too.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Does Xfinity Mobile prorate your bill when porting out from them? I'm going to switch to Sprint 1 Year Free and not sure if I should do it sooner or closer to the billing period end. Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
    Does Xfinity Mobile prorate your bill when porting out from them? I'm going to switch to Sprint 1 Year Free and not sure if I should do it sooner or closer to the billing period end. Thanks in advance!
    From what I recall, if you are on their unlimited plan, they will prorate when you port out. However, if you are on the By the Gig plan, there is nothing to prorate since you are only paying for each gig of data used.

Device(s)
    LG X1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I paid 0.0 for Nov and it shows 0.0 for Dec, suspect that will change when the billing period ends on 12/30, but I am not complaining..
    Got my bill for Dec, it is only $2.84.. Usually around $3.50.. Perhaps taxes went down..

Feedback Score
    I got a couple of Xfinity iPhones a while back, both are unlocked now, and probably going to port the lines out and sell the phones. I've heard that Xfinity may not allow the phones on another person's account as a BYOD. Anybody know anything about selling an Xfinity phone? Apologies if it's been covered in the thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    I got a couple of Xfinity iPhones a while back, both are unlocked now, and probably going to port the lines out and sell the phones. I've heard that Xfinity may not allow the phones on another person's account as a BYOD. Anybody know anything about selling an Xfinity phone? Apologies if it's been covered in the thread.
    if the phones are paid in full and unlocked then they should work on any network
    you choose according to this thread - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinit...I/td-p/3055851

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    if the phones are paid in full and unlocked then they should work on any network
    you choose according to this thread - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinit...I/td-p/3055851
    Yes, they will work on any other network. However, my concern is that others on the internet have reported that when they try to sell an Xfinity device, Xfinity will not allow that device back on its network as a BYOD. It appears that the IMEI remains tied to the original account.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With the new $100 rebate offer on LG and Moto, I'm probably going to buy a phone. How do they ship, and is direct signature required? If signature is required, I'll go to a store instead. Debating between the E5 or the K30. I really liked my K20+, until I lost it last summer.

I expect to port one of my Freedompop numbers for the rebate, hope that will work.

They never did send the SIM I asked for last month, but that could be because my account apparently wasn't officially active until I had the TV installed a few days ago, even though I had internet working by plugging in my own modem weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    yes a signature is going to be required.

I'm awaiting iphone bargains. Iphone SE is on sale for $250 on apple web site, supposedly unlocked, but I doubt it would work on xfinity mobile. If I could move my Sammy S8 sim into a new unlocked Iphone SE from Apple, and have it work on xfinity mobile, I would probably Just Do It. I suppose I will call xfinity mobile and ask, and will followup here with anything interesting.

Anyone got free advice for me?

I wish I had bought an Iphone SE from xfinity-mobile when I had a chance but at this point if I can't get an inexpensive Iphone SE activated on xfinity mobile, I will wait for a sale on some newer iphone maybe even the dreaded XR !

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    yes a signature is going to be required.

I'm awaiting iphone bargains. Iphone SE is on sale for $250 on apple web site, supposedly unlocked, but I doubt it would work on xfinity mobile. If I could move my Sammy S8 sim into a new unlocked Iphone SE from Apple, and have it work on xfinity mobile, I would probably Just Do It. I suppose I will call xfinity mobile and ask, and will followup here with anything interesting.

Anyone got free advice for me?

I wish I had bought an Iphone SE from xfinity-mobile when I had a chance but at this point if I can't get an inexpensive Iphone SE activated on xfinity mobile, I will wait for a sale on some newer iphone maybe even the dreaded XR !
    I'm not sure why an iPhone SE wouldn't work on Xfinity Mobile? Looking at the Xfinity Website, it shows that it is compatible for a BYOD. And, as you point out, Xfinity used to sell the SE.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The SE should be fine. I finally got a SIM in the mail from Xfinity today. No problem activating my (unlocked ATT) SE, just waiting for the number to port over.

Very undecided about buying a phone, so I activated the iPhone, especially since there's a rebate offer on BYOD right now.

Feedback Score
    I activated service on Tuesday and so far, I am pretty happy. I tried Verizon postpaid in December and my speeds on Xfinity are right in line with what I was getting on the regular Verizon postpaid service. One speedtest topped out at 135Mbps but I usually average about 60-80 and the ping times are right around 50 or so, in line with what I get on my AT&T postpaid.

Only problem is, since this is Verizon service, I don't get it at my house so I have to use WiFi calling while I am at home, just as I have to do with AT&T. I keep a T-Mobile line open because T-Mobile is the only carrier who gets me service at home. If there's a power failure, AT&T and Xfinity would do me no good since WiFi calling wouldn't work.

I've experienced no deprioritization in my area using XfInity/AT&T/Verizon. T-Mobile is badly congested here at night where I work so I use AT&T while there.

My take, there's no perfect carrier in my area.

Feedback Score
    Motorola press release indicated the Moto G7 Power will be coming to Xfinity Mobile. That'll be a nice addition budget addition.

Hasn't been much news from Comcast about the future of XM. They're throwing a lot of money down the drain adding new customers, but nothing for retention. How many cable customers do they have to lose to start taking mobile seriously.

Feedback Score
    Haven't been following Xfinity mobile... few questions:

1. When is android BYOD coming? I thought it was supposed to come out months ago.
    2. Is there constant deprioritization compared to Verizon postpaid like other Verizon prepaid MVNOs/Verizon prepaid or is it only after 20GB?
    3. Anyway to enable HD video? For extra fee?
    4. Are taxes normal prepaid taxes $2-3 or postpaid taxes of like $10-20?
    5. If you cancel your comcast internet/TV you get charged $10 for the mobile service, so if you use no data you only pay $10/mo for unlimited talk/text?

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast