Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1305

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    467
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what network are the G7 powers locked to ?? make sure that you read the unlocking policy - https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...-mobile-device
    They are locked to Xfinity Mobile, the unlock policy is as soon as they are paid off, at 0% interest a $10 unlock makes more sense than paying it off early, but if it is a serious hassle I will pay the one off and go that route.

    Once unlocked I will post results here.

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    643
    Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    at 0% interest a $10 unlock makes more sense than paying it off early
    $180 at 2% for 2 years gives you about $7 interest, which is taxable.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,948
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Isn't XM policy that you can not purchase a new phone from them and then swap it in on an existing line?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,212
    Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Isn't XM policy that you can not purchase a new phone from them and then swap it in on an existing line?
    Yes and no. Their is a time frame for not allowing it. I have had my Iphone for 2 years and it is paid off, now I can buy a new phone from them on the same line with payments.

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,212
    Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    0
    Go to Xfinity wireless and it has a message "prepare to be amazed, something big is coming soon".

    Anyone know what this is?

  6. #1266
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    221
    Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Isn't XM policy that you can not purchase a new phone from them and then swap it in on an existing line?
    No, if you buy a new phone from them for an existing line, it will come with a sim pre installed and you just activate it on line.. takes about 5 minutes..

  7. #1267
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    817
    Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Go to Xfinity wireless and it has a message "prepare to be amazed, something big is coming soon".

    Anyone know what this is?

    Maybe new Pixel 4, which is due soon.

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    643
    Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Go to Xfinity wireless and it has a message "prepare to be amazed, something big is coming soon".

    Anyone know what this is?
    My guess is this referred to the new iPhones announced by Apple on Sept 10 and available for purchase on Sept 20.

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy View Post
    Glad its still grandfathered got my dad a line with no data comes to about $2.50 in taxes. Just ordered a another sim today to add to my iphone for a 2nd line for calls and sms. Guess I won't be adding another line because of this 2nd gen pricing.
    Actually you CAN add another line to a grandfathered account and keep the previous First Generation pricing and 100MB of free monthly data.

    On the page linked below, Comcast says:

    Customers already on the first generation plan can move to the second generation if they choose. Otherwise, their service will not change even if they upgrade a device or add a new line.

    https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...e/plan-changes

    If 2nd Generation pricing is better for you, you can change to it. But once you move to 2nd Generation, you can't move back to First Generation.

    For a very low data user like me, the First Generation By the Gig pricing is great. If you use less than 100MB of data during a month, all you pay is a few dollars in taxes & fees.

    I have Wi-Fi almost everywhere (home, work, school). In the 18 months I've been on XM, I've only had one month when I went over the 100MB of free data. That was my first month when I was using the SpeedTest app to test out the service. That month I had to pay $12 for data. For all other months, I only pay about $3.80.

    Before I got my iPhone, I was paying $39 monthly for my landline which only provided local calling. To get unlimited talk & text plus 100 MB of free data each month for $3.80 is almost unbelievable.

  11. #1271
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    205
    Feedback Score
    0
    I do the same thing as far as dats goes. In six months I've only changed to unlimited once to keep my bill at $45. I have the grandfathered plan as well. I bought a 512GB Note 10+. Having used 1.41GB data this month, my bill is up to $73 including the phone. Can't do that anywhere else and here in Denver, Xfinity (Verizon) has the best coverage.


    Quote Originally Posted by garlandk77 View Post
    Actually you CAN add another line to a grandfathered account and keep the previous First Generation pricing and 100MB of free monthly data.

    On the page linked below, Comcast says:

    Customers already on the first generation plan can move to the second generation if they choose. Otherwise, their service will not change even if they upgrade a device or add a new line.

    https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...e/plan-changes

    If 2nd Generation pricing is better for you, you can change to it. But once you move to 2nd Generation, you can't move back to First Generation.

    For a very low data user like me, the First Generation By the Gig pricing is great. If you use less than 100MB of data during a month, all you pay is a few dollars in taxes & fees.

    I have Wi-Fi almost everywhere (home, work, school). In the 18 months I've been on XM, I've only had one month when I went over the 100MB of free data. That was my first month when I was using the SpeedTest app to test out the service. That month I had to pay $12 for data. For all other months, I only pay about $3.80.

    Before I got my iPhone, I was paying $39 monthly for my landline which only provided local calling. To get unlimited talk & text plus 100 MB of free data each month for $3.80 is almost unbelievable.

  12. #1272
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    109
    Feedback Score
    0
    So is the 1st generation plan still deprioritized like all other Verizon MVNOs?

  13. #1273
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    205
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    So is the 1st generation plan still deprioritized like all other Verizon MVNOs?
    I have not noticed any. My speeds are frequently 120Mbps and top out at 211.

  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    So is the 1st generation plan still deprioritized like all other Verizon MVNOs?
    On the page linked below, XM discusses how deprioritization works.

    https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...low-management

    They say:

    Customers on the second generation plan may experience temporarily slower speeds during moments of network congestion.

    Your data currently won't be subject to a temporary slowdown if you joined Xfinity Mobile under our first generation plan (prior to August 2019).

    The word currently seems to imply that the lack of deprioritization for first generation accounts might be temporary.

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    643
    Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is anyone able to log into either Comcast or Xfinity Mobile account? I keep getting issue with oauth.xfinity.com, since yesterday.

Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
  3. Best Mobile Phone Service for NYC
    By chris1 in forum Regional Providers and Other Providers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 06:27 AM
  4. a revolutionary idea in mobile phone service
    By anp4yanks in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2002, 12:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks