Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon signal issues and boosters.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll second the recommendation for the Cel-Fi system. I used it successful back when I was with AT&T. You don't need internet. It comes with 2 devices. One unit amplifies the signal (note: you must have 1 bar of LTE on your phone) and broadcasts it to the "extender" unit which you place on the opposite end of your house. Note that Cel-Fi *only* works with LTE signals on Verizon so you must have HD Voice enabled on your account and LTE voice enabled on your phone. Link to Cel-Fi store: https://3gstore.com/manufacturer/110..._-_cel-fi.html

If that doesn't work for you, other good alternatives are the Verizon LTE Network Extender (same caveat applies re: LTE voice being enabled on your phone and you must have decent internet) or WiFi calling (free and is easy to enable and test). WiFi calling practically makes the Network Extender obsolete.

If none of those options work for you, switch carriers.

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    I'll second the recommendation for the Cel-Fi system. I used it successful back when I was with AT&T. You don't need internet. It comes with 2 devices. One unit amplifies the signal (note: you must have 1 bar of LTE on your phone) and broadcasts it to the "extender" unit which you place on the opposite end of your house. Note that Cel-Fi *only* works with LTE signals on Verizon so you must have HD Voice enabled on your account and LTE voice enabled on your phone. Link to Cel-Fi store: https://3gstore.com/manufacturer/110..._-_cel-fi.html

If that doesn't work for you, other good alternatives are the Verizon LTE Network Extender (same caveat applies re: LTE voice being enabled on your phone and you must have decent internet) or WiFi calling (free and is easy to enable and test). WiFi calling practically makes the Network Extender obsolete.

If none of those options work for you, switch carriers.

My issue with Wi-Fi is i am on a Satellite internet connection. Tried it and it don't work well. Verizon antenna is 4.5 miles from me through the trees. They are the closest and have the best signal. Wish the Cell-Fi had an outdoor antenna. This way i could get it on the roof. Standing on the roof of my house i am -90DB. In the upstairs window i am -104 db.

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After talking to the Cel-fi folks i am likely going to go with the Weboost Connect 4G as i can get the external antenna up on the roof where the good signal is. The Celfi, they feel will be virtually worthless once the trees fill in. The Weboost will also work for multiple carriers so when we have guests it will work for them. Thanks all for the help........

Feedback Score
    On a Samsung phone *#2263# will get you into band selection if your carrier allows it on their version of the firmware. Some do, some don't.

If you're rooted you can use shortcut master if the code doesn't work and find Band Selection.

Try locking onto a different band.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjstef71 View Post
    Not sure if this will help. 1st one is the S7, Second the G4 Attachment 150563 Attachment 150564
    I see that both phones pick up a ~-115 dBm LTE signal, which should be fine for an VoLTE call. The G4 also picks up a CDMA signal, but its Ec/Io is -22 which is unusable for a CDMA call. So it looks like the problem is you have usable LTE signal but unusable CDMA signal, and your S7 uses VoLTE for calls while your G4 tries to use CDMA.
    All you need to do is to enable VoLTE both in your G4 settings and in MyVerizon. The setting should be called "Advanced Calling" in the phone settings and "HD Voice" in MyVerizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjstef71 View Post
    My issue with Wi-Fi is i am on a Satellite internet connection. Tried it and it don't work well. Verizon antenna is 4.5 miles from me through the trees. They are the closest and have the best signal. Wish the Cell-Fi had an outdoor antenna. This way i could get it on the roof. Standing on the roof of my house i am -90DB. In the upstairs window i am -104 db.
    Did you look at ZBoost? They use external antennas.

http://www.zboost.com/solutions-prod...ce/zb545x.html
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Feedback Score
    The network extender does work via satellite, but you have to activate it via a broadband connection. Calls and data work just fine, and the latency seems to have no impact on call quality.

Sent from my XT1254 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2