Thread: ZTE Grand X4 Volte

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score

ZTE Grand X4 Volte

Checking support pages apparently the ZTE Grand X4 had an update to enable HD Voice.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/devices-and-accessories/zte-grand-x-4-device-support/customer/device-support.html

Anyone with one to test/confirm? Extremely slow rollout for this feature... I have doubts on byod... Sigh.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have the Zte Grand Max 2. I received two network settings updates yesterday.

Sent from my Z988 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Well I tested it out. My LATE went to 3g. So that's a big fat no.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4 XL, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    Well I tested it out. My LATE went to 3g. So that's a big fat no.
    Well it may have the HD Voice update but im not exactly sure Cricket actually is providing HD Voice service just yet. Supposedly in May or June that service will rollout. BYOD is up to AT&T and Cricket weather or not you get HD voice or have to buy a Cricket phone to get it.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 200 Meg Per Second Internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: Verizon Prepaid as my Primary, Sprint as my secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Well it may have the HD Voice update but im not exactly sure Cricket actually is providing HD Voice service just yet. Supposedly in May or June that service will rollout. BYOD is up to AT&T and Cricket weather or not you get HD voice or have to buy a Cricket phone to get it.
    I'm hoping it will work for all iPhones 6 and higher. If I understand correctly, basically all iPhones are BYOD even if you purchase from Cricket. The firmware is updated via the carrier software when you insert the sim, not on the device originally like Android. At least I'm hoping that's the case. That's one reason I purchased a used iPhone 6 so it can get VoLTE and WiFi calling eventually.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    That's why I thought it was working. I got the carrier update after interesting my new sim. Well when it officially becomes available I will test my phone again.