Why should I switch to a white sim instead of my AIO

Please help can't decide?

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Apparently switching puts you at the head of the line to be moved on to the ATT servers which has less latency and have started getting the new stuff like the new voicemail and StreamMore, if that matters to you. I suppose my question is if you already have the SIM, why wouldn't you?

Feedback Score
    It came with a bunch of (terms and conditions) the less of those id prefer kind of like big brother it seemed but with AIO sim I kind of feel it's not? 😂 Im probaly over thinking it though

Feedback Score
    Once I place new sim in does that cancel out my old one ? I ordered one of the cheap phones for the sim upgrade and for a cheap back up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I believe you have to register it, maybe by calling or chat, don't know. Someone can answer that one. I do kno when you get a new phone with a sim, it won't be active until you activate it... then the old sim will be useless.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfuldad View Post
    Once I place new sim in does that cancel out my old one ? I ordered one of the cheap phones for the sim upgrade and for a cheap back up.

When you activate the new sim, you select the order number and phone number you want to activate it on. It will replace and cancel the old sim making it non-usable. Terms and Conditions should be the same regardless of which sim you have, AIO, Green Cricket or White Cricket, they are all owned by ATT. If you're not in a hurry to migrate, then just wait for Cricket to contact you. It could take up to October to migrate all existing customers. If you activate the new white sim, it should immediately migrate you during the activation process. You will get a message about upgrading your voicemail.

Feedback Score
    The terms and conditions are on the web site, and are worded in a way that I interpret as, "we can change this sh.. at any time, with or without notification, and if you use the service, you agreed to it." It is a truly scary document, but as long as they continue to provide service in the way they have for the last year or two, I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phroberts View Post
    The terms and conditions are on the web site, and are worded in a way that I interpret as, "we can change this sh.. at any time, with or without notification, and if you use the service, you agreed to it." It is a truly scary document, but as long as they continue to provide service in the way they have for the last year or two, I'm happy.
    Those conditions apply to you even with the aio SIM. Multiple times you should have received emails stating they there were changes in the terms.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I thought they forced everyone off of AIO SIMs forever ago

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I got my new replacement phone today with a white SIM. I called and activated it. My phone said ATT in the upper left corner until I rebooted when I got a network software download. When the phone came back on it said Cricket. The CSR said for future reference you can activate new SIM and new phones online.

Sent from my Z988 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I got my new replacement phone today with a white SIM. I called and activated it. My phone said ATT in the upper left corner until I rebooted when I got a network software download. When the phone came back on it said Cricket. The CSR said for future reference you can activate new SIM and new phones online.

Do you have VoLTE now?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Yes it looks like I do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post

Yes it looks like I do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Simple way to test is to make a call while connected to LTE. If you have VoLTE, you should still see LTE at the top during the call. If not, then it will switch to HSPA or 4G during voice calls.