Thread: AT&T Bands

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4, Samsung S5 (G900A), iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Bands

I found a couple towers that have LTE bands 2, 4, 17, 30 available for AT&T.

1. Barnhart MO
    eNB: 243692 & 249692

2. FESTUS MO
    eNB: 242128

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That is really not that abnormal in the STL area in more congested areas. I could name at least a half-dozen more and I am sure there are even more than that and more coming on all the time.
    (Not trying to one-up you - it's not that notable though.)

Now what I do find cool is a setup where you find bands 2, 4, 5, 12/17 and 30 all available on AT&T. Those are quite rare.

There is something interesting about that Festus tower (242128) though. Most of the time AT&T cells can only handle 3 bands per eNB and so then they have to do the offset eNB (249xxx in the STL area) for any other bands in use. The vendor they used for the Festus 242128 tower is a different one that doesn't have the 3 band limit.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    NYC metro
    Bands 2, 2 (2), 12/17, 29, 30.
    The second carrier of band 2 just launched last weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
    That is really not that abnormal in the STL area in more congested areas. I could name at least a half-dozen more and I am sure there are even more than that and more coming on all the time.

Now what I do find cool is a setup where you find bands 2, 4, 5, 12/17 and 30 all available on AT&T. Those are quite rare.

There is something interesting about that Festus tower (242128) though. Most of the time AT&T cells can only handle 3 bands per eNB and so then they have to do the offset eNB (249xxx in the STL area) for any other bands in use. The vendor they used for the Festus 242128 tower is a different one that doesn't have the 3 band limit.
    In my region, Lake Charles, LA has a few of those and B5 is running 10x10mhz as well. I believe Columbus OH has a few of the 5 band sites but running 5x5 on B5.

I do have 6 carrier sites in my neck of the woods but no B5 on them yet.

When are the B12/B4/B2/B5/B30/B14/B66/B71 sites coming?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    NYC metro
    Bands 2, 2 (2), 12/17, 29, 30.
    The second carrier of band 2 just launched last weekend.

The three B2 carriers are AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I've roamed on B2/B4 Verizon and T-Mobile...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There is a tower in Hillsboro MO @ MO-21 and MO-B and it has B2/4/12/17 I think it has B30 equipment on it but can never get my phone on it because of hardware issues... (eNB 242694)

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalisbury0 View Post
    The three B2 carriers are AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I've roamed on B2/B4 Verizon and T-Mobile...

That's not what I meant, lol. When your describing what spectrum is deployed in your market, for a specific carrier, you can also use the term carrier to describe how many LTE/HSPA bands are deployed. For instance, in NYC market, there's 5 LTE band's (carriers) running for at&t and 2 HSPA carriers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    That's not what I meant, lol. When your describing what spectrum is deployed in your market, for a specific carrier, you can also use the term carrier to describe how many LTE/HSPA bands are deployed. For instance, in NYC market, there's 5 LTE band's (carriers) running for at&t and 2 HSPA carriers.

In the STL, AT&T / Verizon / T-Mobile only have 1 carrier for B2 each...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

There equipment is on the top of that FESTUS tower and also what vendor is that?
    There also is another in FESTUS that has B2/B4/B17 I guess B30 which is located at I-55 and MO-A northbound ramp headed towards STL...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I've seen B2 / B4 / B5 / B17(12) / B30 on I-44 in St. James MO B30 is not available on my phone but somebody on CellMapper recorded B30.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalisbury0
    There is a tower in Hillsboro MO @ MO-21 and MO-B and it has B2/4/12/17 I think it has B30 equipment on it but can never get my phone on it because of hardware issues... (eNB 242694)
    I don't think so. I actually have a list of which bands are on which cell site as of a month or two ago and B30 is not on the list for that tower. Now - it could have been recently added since my list was made -- but since it hasn't shown up I am guessing it's not activated there yet.

In Festus, these towers have Band 30 regardless of whether logged on Cellmapper:
    242128 - 55 & 67
    243694 - off Horine Rd.

The tower right at 55 and A does not have B30 according to my list.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so. I actually have a list of which bands are on what tower as of a month or two ago and B30 is not on the list for that tower. Now - it could have been recently added since my list was made -- but since it hasn't shown up I am guessing it's not activated there yet.

In Festus, these towers have Band 30 regardless of whether logged on Cellmapper:
    242128 - 55 & 67
    243694 - off Horine Rd.

The tower right at 55 and A does not have B30 according to my list.
    Are you Nelsonjw on CellMapper?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalisbury0 View Post
    Are you Nelsonjw on CellMapper?

one and the same!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    one and the same!
    I got banned from moving towers (that I found) on CellMapper.