Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Franklin Wireless R850 secret menu - Let the hacking begin

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    my r850 only offers band 25. i'm trying to figure out a way to increase band strength. there isn't any way to connect to an antenna, directly.
    has anyone tried a passive antenna? one poster suggested taking out the simm and installing it in a searra wireless unit w/ antenna ports.
    does anyone know if this can work? any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Or you could test them 1 at a time. To see which one(s) work best for you rather than which one(s) you're on.
    I know this thread is old, but just curious if you did this on a R850? If so where did you find the setting to change the band? Haven't seen the option yet.

    Thanks!

    EDIT:
    hmmm I am wondering if the setting is in the DATA tab in the /hidden menu. It just asks for the MSL when I click on that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,619
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm on my second Franklin R850. Different ISPs.

    First had the option. Second R850 doesn't have the option.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I'm on my second Franklin R850. Different ISPs.

    First had the option. Second R850 doesn't have the option.
    Ok thanks, I figured out how to change the band.
    I guess with the updated Web App Version (R850.SP.31.1566) it asks for msl. Which you can either try and get from sprint or it turns out you can skip the prompt. worked fine for me. I was just trying to see if band 41 worked in my area.

    thanks again

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,619
    Feedback Score
    0
    @cedarknoll Thank you for reviving this thread. I rooted around & disabled Bands 26 & 41 so far my upload speeds have tripled. They were pitiful before. Staying with Band 25 just like my first Franklin R850.

    I was having trouble. Then I remembered it was /hidden/ NOT /hidden menu/.

    Also I used this excellent YT video by jwg.
    "Franklin R850 MSL Bypass Method"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Mp...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by zapjb; 01-25-2020 at 01:15 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    @cedarknoll Thank you for reviving this thread. I rooted around & disabled Bands 26 & 41 so far my upload speeds have tripled. They were pitiful before. Staying with Band 25 just like my first Franklin R850.

    I was having trouble. Then I remembered it was /hidden/ NOT /hidden menu/.

    Also I used this excellent YT video by jwg.
    "Franklin R850 MSL Bypass Method"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Mp...ature=youtu.be
    Yeah I found that video by jwg as well, super useful.
    Glad your connection has improved! I'm thinking of going a different rout and getting a router with a WWAN module in it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,619
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cedarknoll View Post
    Yeah I found that video by jwg as well, super useful.
    Glad your connection has improved! I'm thinking of going a different rout and getting a router with a WWAN module in it.
    Keep us updated.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone figured out the user and password for SSH?

    I keep trying different combinations but so far nothing has worked.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,619
    Feedback Score
    0
    Maybe try

    UN: recover
    PW: PASSWORD

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Maybe try

    UN: recover
    PW: PASSWORD
    nope. thanks for the suggestion.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    207
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there a hidden menu for inseego 8000/8800 devices?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    Is there a hidden menu for inseego 8000/8800 devices?
    not that I have heard of

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
  2. Samsung Omina :O Let the hacking begin
    By cellkeeper in forum Cricket
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
  3. Secret menu in the secret menu?
    By Kabifff in forum LG
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 06:45 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
  5. how to find secret menu on the s700i?
    By digitalic in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks