Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon travel pass price increases

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaholic View Post
    I'm traveling to Canada and looked up a travel pass but I don't see the $5.00 option. Only a $25.00 for one months but I'm only gone a weekend.

I currently have the GDUP. Is there a place I should be looking on their site for the Travel Pass?
    TravelPass requires More Everything, Verizon Plan or New Verizon Plan. They are doing everything they can to get people off of the GUDP - including not making TravelPass an option for you.

Feedback Score
    Check out this link from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ressing_files/. Will everything be compressed or just video. It seems like Verizon is trying to cut corners everywhere since unlimited came out.

Feedback Score
    I still want to know how they are going to do it you can't compress encrypted data and most traffic is encrypted anymore.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I can't see how they can compress more than things like video (by limiting bandwidth, let the streaming provider drop to a lower quality), and maybe recompress jpg, etc, to a lower quality. They can't just arbitrarily compress normal HTML since the browser, for example, won't be expecting a compressed stream and know to uncompress it.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Also now limited to 500 MB of high speed pre day. :-( then 2G until next billing day.
    It appears that the 500MB limitation is just for people with the new Unlimited Plan. Ironic.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    It appears that the 500MB limitation is just for people with the new Unlimited Plan. Ironic.
    The current FAQ for the plan doesn't differentiate anymore. When the unlimited plan first came out, they mentioned the 500MB/day limit for unlimited. Apparently they have since expanded it to all plans.

TravelPass lets you use your domestic talk, text and data allowances while traveling outside the US in more than 100 countries for a low daily rate.

Instead of paying per minute, per message, or per MB you'll be charged a flat rate with TravelPass. The daily rate is $5/day in Mexico and Canada and $10/day in other countries where TravelPass is available. You'll use your minutes, messages and data allowances from your domestic plan. 4G data speeds apply for the first 512 MB/day

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The current FAQ for the plan doesn't differentiate anymore. When the unlimited plan first came out, they mentioned the 500MB/day limit for unlimited. Apparently they have since expanded it to all plans.

TravelPass lets you use your domestic talk, text and data allowances while traveling outside the US in more than 100 countries for a low daily rate.

Instead of paying per minute, per message, or per MB you'll be charged a flat rate with TravelPass. The daily rate is $5/day in Mexico and Canada and $10/day in other countries where TravelPass is available. You'll use your minutes, messages and data allowances from your domestic plan. 4G data speeds apply for the first 512 MB/day
    I don't think that's correct. I just got the following from the Verizon help virtual assistant:

"Note: If you’re on the new Verizon Plan 12GB or higher (including Verizon Unlimited), TravelPass in Mexico and Canada are included in your plan at no additional charge. International data reduced to 2G speeds after 500MB/day on Verizon Unlimited." (I added the underlines.)

Edit: Just got the following after a live chat--

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 10.10.40 PM.png
Views: 673
Size:  26.3 KB
    Last edited by mreg45; 05-10-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    So my 24 GB plan would allow me to use the full 24 GB's at 4G speeds in Canada or Mexico? That was my understanding.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    So my 24 GB plan would allow me to use the full 24 GB's at 4G speeds in Canada or Mexico? That was my understanding.
    That seems clear now, yes, assuming you can find areas in Mexico that have 4G... :-)

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So by the time it gets to the person updating the FAQ, some of the details were lost.

I was international before unlimited was added back, and I wasn't limited by the 512MB/day. That limit would have hit me once or twice if I were to repeat the trip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    That seems clear now, yes, assuming you can find areas in Mexico that have 4G... :-)
    I found telcell to have a lot of 4G LTE. Movistar or however you say it was awful. Crappy calls and almost non working data.

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I work global tech support, and can confirm the 500MB/day limit is for all TravelPass-eligible plans. The change was implemented on 04/25, the same day as the price increase for Canada and Mexico. 500MB at full speed for the TravelPass session, then downgrades to 2G speeds until the session expires. Plans that include Canada​ and Mexico restore speeds at midnight.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk
    -- My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer, past, present, or future.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Damn. When I get a chance, I will have to make a trip over to Port Huron, MI and manually connect onto Rogers and test the cap.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I found telcell to have a lot of 4G LTE. Movistar or however you say it was awful. Crappy calls and almost non working data.
    Agreed. Telcell in Mexico has a lot of 4G LTE from my experience and works quite well. Movistar, not so much. When my phone switched to Movistar once or twice, I went into the Carrier settings and manually selected Telcell.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke6alv View Post
    I work global tech support, and can confirm the 500MB/day limit is for all TravelPass-eligible plans. The change was implemented on 04/25, the same day as the price increase for Canada and Mexico. 500MB at full speed for the TravelPass session, then downgrades to 2G speeds until the session expires. Plans that include Canada​ and Mexico restore speeds at midnight.
    With all due respect to your position, what you're saying contradicts other Verizon sources and just doesn't make sense. The only intentional limits, deprioritizations and similar actions by Verizon (and most other carriers) are only ever with respect to unlimited data plans. The chat person I spoke with took 15 minutes talking to higher level managers precisely regarding the recently announced changes to Travel Pass, and she said unequivocally that the 500MB speed reduction does NOT apply to the regular New Verizon Plan tiered data customers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast