Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon travel pass price increases

Feedback Score
    AND AT&T is better by the day it seems... AT&T so far doesn't have a 500MB/day cap on its International Day Pass (TravelPass) ($10/day)... Canada/Mexico is more expensive ($10/day) but also allows you to call any International Day Pass country that's included and no speed cap... Maybe because AT&T has reciprocal in-bound roaming?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x12779 View Post
    AND AT&T is better by the day it seems... AT&T so far doesn't have a 500MB/day cap on its International Day Pass (TravelPass) ($10/day)... Canada/Mexico is more expensive ($10/day) but also allows you to call any International Day Pass country that's included and so speed cap... Maybe because AT&T has reciprocal in-bound roaming?
    Better by the day....except their network is crap compared to Verizon. I've switched from Verizon to AT&T and back 3-4 times over the past 10-12 years. On AT&T (living in 2 different markets) I dropped calls fairly regularly (I spend more time on calls than many people do these days as a result of my line of work). When I dropped calls with AT&T, I almost always had 3+ bars of signal, so it wasn't due to weak signal. In contrast, with Verizon, I think I've dropped 1 call in the past year and I'm not entirely sure it was on my end and not the person I was talking to.

So "better" is relative. I will pay more for superior service every day. For me, I find that Verizon's network simply works better. If I spent most of my time texting and using internet, I might like AT&T just fine. But calls are still paramount for me.

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    With all due respect to your position, what you're saying contradicts other Verizon sources and just doesn't make sense. The only intentional limits, deprioritizations and similar actions by Verizon (and most other carriers) are only ever with respect to unlimited data plans. The chat person I spoke with took 15 minutes talking to higher level managers precisely regarding the recently announced changes to Travel Pass, and she said unequivocally that the 500MB speed reduction does NOT apply to the regular New Verizon Plan tiered data customers.
    I can assure you that the limit originally applied to unlimited, but was charged as of 04/25. No, it doesn't make sense, but that's above my pay grade. I take calls about this every day, and, as a customer myself, I don't agree with it.

Chat obviously wasn't​ looking at the updated TravelPass policy documentation. I recommend calling International customer service directly.
    -- My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer, past, present, or future.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think at this point the best thing to do is to wait a few weeks until everyone gets on the same page...whatever page that is...
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    I think at this point the best thing to do is to wait a few weeks until everyone gets on the same page...whatever page that is...
    That's the problem: everybody should be on the same page all the time. Everything is documented and changes announced. As a customer, there's no excuse for 5 different answers from 5 different reps.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I don't have unlimited and therefore it is ridiculous that I should be limited to a 500MB per day cap when traveling abroad. Verizon is going to loose a lot of international customers like me that normally use the TravelPass option. For my next international trip, I will just rent or buy one of the SkyRoam devices and use it rather than wasting my $10 on the Verizon TravelPass.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    There were more than 1 reason I just went with the travel pass on my international trip last January before this 512MB/day limit came into effect. My next trip, in 2018, won't be so limited so I'll probably just go with the cheaper option of getting a local SIM. Never know when the hotel wireless will not be adequate.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    In addition, I believe that the return of Verizon unlimited data was the catalyst for the 500MB cap on the TravelPass. There is always a price to pay for unlimited data. I am willing to bet that more than 95 percent of Verizon customers don't need or and don't want unlimited data especially with the availability of WiFi networks at home, work, hotels, and coffee shops. Does anyone have any actual numbers on the percentage of Verizon customers that have an unlimited data plan?

Device(s)
    LG K4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Verizon is going to loose a lot of international customers like me that normally use the TravelPass option.
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. Again, I am a customer myself, and am not at all happy with all these recent changes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke6alv View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. Again, I am a customer myself, and am not at all happy with all these recent changes.
    I am not only unhappy, I am extremely pissed! I use TravelPass 4 to 5 times per year and was very satisfied with the value for the $10 per day. My complaint for years was that Verizon did not have a reasonably priced international plan. Finally they came out with one several years ago and now they have ruined it again. Idiots! Why couldn't they just cap the plan at 500MB per day for the folks that are on an unlimited data plan, and leave it that was that it was for the rest of us?

Does anyone know of a Verizon PR Rep on twitter in the Southern California area that I can complain to? Unfortunately Verizon does not make it easy to contact anyone in management and only provides voice access to customer support representatives. I am hoping to reach a Verizon marketing or PR person on twitter.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke6alv View Post
    I just signed into my Verizon account via the app. This is my current account info on my plan and it still says I can take my domestic plan allowance with me to Canada or Mexico. I haven't found any updated information regarding International data/speed caps on the existing tiered plans. Only on The New Verzion Unlimited Plans. If anyone has updated info from Verizon on the tiered plans please post it.

Attachment 151235

Attachment 151236

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    I am not only unhappy, I am extremely pissed! I use TravelPass 4 to 5 times per year and was very satisfied with the value for the $10 per day. My complaint for years was that Verizon did not have a reasonably priced international plan. Finally they came out with one several years ago and now they have ruined it again. Idiots! Why couldn't they just cap the plan at 500MB per day for the folks that are on an unlimited data plan, and leave it that was that it was for the rest of us?

Does anyone know of a Verizon PR Rep on twitter in the Southern California area that I can complain to? Unfortunately Verizon does not make it easy to contact anyone in management and only provides voice access to customer support representatives. I am hoping to reach a Verizon marketing or PR person on twitter.
    Don't get pissed yet. We really have only one person on here, who says he's with Verizon's global customer service, who says the Travel Pass 500MB applies to all customers. I have had two Verizon reps tell me the that the limit does NOT apply to Verizon Plan tiered data, after taking 15 minutes each to speak with supervisors to specifically check the effects of the recent Travel Pass changes.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Made a trip up to Marysville and Port Huron, MI and forced my phone onto roaming(Rogers Wireless) and even received a confirmation text. Nothing indicating a limit on my plan. They're probably scratching their nads wondering why I was roaming from the American side. Lol

Attachment 151240

Attachment 151241

Attachment 151242

Device(s)
    One too many
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can anybody else confirm this with higher up management, headed to Europe in a few weeks! On tiered plan XXL, will be disappointed if I am throttled after 500mb, might as well move to Att come October. Not much difference here(Atl) in service between Att and verizon!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The email I received today advertising Travelpass was clear. 4G data speeds are available for the first 1/2 GB used in each 24-hour session; any additional data used will be reduced to 2G speeds for that 24-hour session

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast