Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon travel pass price increases

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got the same email. I called, and was told that the restriction doesn't apply to the non-unlimited New Verizon Plan customers.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    I got the same email. I called, and was told that the restriction doesn't apply to the non-unlimited New Verizon Plan customers.
    That is also what I understand. The speed reduction only exists for customers on an unlimited plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Someone needs to travel overseas, and use a GIG in one day to see if it slows down.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid the situation is as many feared. I'm currently in Israel and have the Verizon XL plan (12GB) - I specifically didn't change to Unlimited in order to preserve the TravelPass benefits.

Alas, yesterday after a particularly data-heavy day, I got the dreaded text - "You have used 1/2 gig of data and will now get lower speeds until the next renewal of your TravelPass". 2G speeds the rest of the day despite a strong LTE signal

Feedback Score
    I don't understand why Verizon decided that they need to do this. ATT has an equivalent international plan for $10/day and they don't throttle. Usually Verizon and att follow each other regarding plans and pricing, but this is an exception.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thy don't need to do it. And it actually can lose them money, since it slows down use of your data bucket, meaning that it is less likely you'll run out of data and need to buy more. It is completely idiotic to do this with customers with tiered data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thy don't need to do it. And it actually can lose them money, since it slows down use of your data bucket, meaning that it is less likely you'll run out of data and need to buy more. It is completely idiotic to do this with customers with tiered data.
    We don't know how much Verizon pays for the roaming data, so we don't know. If you use too much data, they probably still lose money, this just limits it. Things like this only work if it isn't used too much.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noahlh View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid the situation is as many feared. I'm currently in Israel and have the Verizon XL plan (12GB) - I specifically didn't change to Unlimited in order to preserve the TravelPass benefits.

Alas, yesterday after a particularly data-heavy day, I got the dreaded text - "You have used 1/2 gig of data and will now get lower speeds until the next renewal of your TravelPass". 2G speeds the rest of the day despite a strong LTE signal
    I believe Verizon's tiered plan of 12 GB's and up only allows data usage up to your domestic limit in Canada and Mexico.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure that Verizon bringing back unlimited data caused this throttling of the international travel pass. I knew unlimited data was a bad thing.

Device(s)
    One too many
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noahlh View Post

Anybody else care to confirm this?? If so I am going to argue otherwise by filing a complaint.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jms27 View Post
    Anybody else care to confirm this?? If so I am going to argue otherwise by filing a complaint.
    This has been confirmed by others in this thread. It started against just unlimited users, then spread to all users. Luckily my trip was before the limit was instated.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What if you're not on an unlimited data plan? Would they deduct the data, minutes, and text from your plan instead for $5/day in Canada?

Feedback Score
    That seems clear now, yes, assuming you can find areas in Mexico that have 4G... :-)
    Well let me tell you something telcel Mexico like others have said has nationwide LTE coverage it even has more lte coverage than. At&t Mexico . So yeah is Verizon customers are deff covered in Mexico when we go and roam on telcel Mexico . Telcel is like the Verizon of Mexico offering the biggest lte coverage. ...... :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think I may have succeeded in having Verizon remove the 500MB "deprioritization" from my Travel Pass for my son's upcoming week long trip to Aruba. I'm on a tiered data plan, I ranted at them about how stupid deprioritization is for tiered data plans since customers on tiered data pay for their data and have a built-in incentive to conserve data. We'll see. I think they're feeling the pressure on this and everyone should call/chat and ***** at them.

Feedback Score
    I think I may have succeeded in having Verizon remove the 500MB "deprioritization" from my Travel Pass for my son's upcoming week long trip to Aruba. I'm on a tiered data plan, I ranted at them about how stupid deprioritization is for tiered data plans since customers on tiered data pay for their data and have a built-in incentive to conserve data. We'll see. I think they're feeling the pressure on this and everyone should call/chat and ***** at them.
    I doubt the you will be successful. I contacted their Sr. VP of operations and pointed out how Verizon crippled their international plan and that ATT does not throttle. This was about 3 weeks ago. They responded that the cap was necessary for them to continue offering the international plan.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast