Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Port-Out Information

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score

Port-Out Information

I emailed custumer service for my H2O account number and PIN, and was told that the account number is the phone number. Is this new? Everything I've read here says it is some unknown number that only H2O customer service can give you.

They also failed to give me the accompanying PIN, as I asked for in the email. I did provide the last three numbers dialled, too.

Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Feedback Score
    Account number is phone number
    Account pin is last 4 of the sim

Feedback Score
    Account number is phone number
    Account pin is last 4 of the sim

I was given an 8 digit account number and the pin is the last 4 digits from the sim after telling CS on chat the 3 recent calls placed. They do ask why are you defecting H20
    The original account number was the whole sim number starting with 8901 and the pin is the last 4 of sim

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Contradictory replies :/

(Edit) Tried a live chat:

"at the moment we are not able to send the account and pin number information, because our platform usually takes from 4 to 5 days to create the account number once the number is activate."

I just wanted this information for my records. I guess I have to try again in a few days.

(Edit 2) H20 replied to my second email giving me my PIN, and the account number was texted to me. A strange way to do things, but there you go.
    Last edited by Gaff; 04-25-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    Gaff
    So was acct # the sim or phone#

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    No, it was an 8-digit number that had to be obtained from customer service.

Feedback Score
    I had to go on chat with customer service to get the port out information. It takes a quite a while for the whole process. First you have to answer number of question about why you want to leave. Then they generate the account information and send it to you through text. After that you have to provide three of the most frequently used phone numbers through your phone. Then the password gets generated and sent to you as a text.

For google voice users, the number is irrelevant. But for people otherwise, at least you feel assured your number won't be given away easily.

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    So I want to port my kid's number (on H20) to my Cricket plan, since they'll be traveling in Canada off and on this summer.

Is it easiest to logon to H20 and then use chat to provide the three most frequently used numbers in order to get my account number and password/PIN texted (to the phone on H20?)

EDIT:

can I transfer directly from h20 to cricket or do I have to go through, say, a t-mobile MVNO first?

I already have an unactivated simple mobile phone/30-day plan package I picked up cheap last year.

(I'm assuming it's not too much hassle to port out from simple mobile)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    To avoid the 3 numbers dialed you can just give them your full SIM card number.
    Get $25 Cricket referral credit! Same AT&T signal for a lot less! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    To avoid the 3 numbers dialed you can just give them your full SIM card number.
    thanks for this info. i tried chat earlier today and they wouldn't budge in helping me w/o me giving them 3 last numbers called or texted. since i didn't have that info i thought i was out of luck (I wasn't about to pay a $10 ransom just for the ability to port out my number). i'll try your suggestion and hope for better results.

edit: didn't work. they won't help at all
    Last edited by Qt0; 07-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    What a pain... just got my port out info, they weren't going to give it to me unless I said for sure I was leaving (and I don't know that I am, just like to have the info), then they wanted 3 most frequent numbers, texted me the account number (8 digit number not associated with SIM or phone number) and had me verify it then gave me the PIN code.

Is everyone else's PIN the same as the last 4 of your SIM card, or was that just coincidence?
    Last edited by acejavelin; 07-12-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Huawei Honor 7x (AT&T), Axon 7 Mini (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Feedback Score
    i finally got help after messaging forum member h2owireless on here. He was very helpful, forwarded my issue to a rep and was able to get me the info in less than a day!

the 4 digit password was the last 4 digits of the h20 sim card. the account number WAS NOT my h20 phone number, but an 8 digit number, and unrelated to my phone number or the sim card number

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket GSMA
    Feedback Score
    I'll add my experience to the H2O port out info. I got on chat prepared with 4 recently called numbers. I had my IMEI and SIM number ready but didn't need them. The rep. asked why I was leaving, I wrote the truth, switching to Red Pocket because it's cheaper. Rep asked for 3 recent called or texted numbers, didn't have to be MOST recent, apparently. Then asked for either what plan I was on, or when it was last refilled. After that, he gave the 8 digit account number, which seemed to be unrelated to anything, and texted the PIN. The PIN WAS the last four of the SIM number. Overall it was painless and cost less than 10 minutes of my time.

Mark

Feedback Score
    I tried porting out 3 times already via chat and each time they told me it can’t be done through chat and I need to call a 1-800 number. How is everyone able to get the info through chat?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Same here, their port out number does not work. Chat also doesn't pop up

I got 3 days to port out and then they will charge me again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast