Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Port-Out Information

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Disconcerting discussion about increasing difficulty in getting port out assistance - https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...t_information/

Perhaps the on again/off again H20 rep who's supposed to monitor this board can comment?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Disconcerting discussion about increasing difficulty in getting port out assistance - https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...t_information/

Perhaps the on again/off again H20 rep who's supposed to monitor this board can comment?
    And I thought I was the only one. Wow what a garbage company. I was happy with them for the past two years that this is just totally pissing me off
    I only have 3 days left to port out and if I don't get it I don't know what I will do, my account is set to recharge on the 25th for $27

Feedback Score
    I am having the same issue. CS is not providing account # and PIN on chat/phone and no one picks up their 800# port out "hot line". Once I port out, I am not coming back for a long while. If they are doing this to their customers then isn't there a way for the new carrier to take the number away?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I tried calling their port out number and it wasn't even ringing. I tried and tried and finally got a hold of them - I added a 1 before the 800 and tried calling until it started ringing

The pin number is the last 4 digits of your Sim card and
    the account number is something totally different. It is no longer the Sim card number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MACisBroken View Post
    I tried calling their port out number and it wasn't even ringing. I tried and tried and finally got a hold of them - I added a 1 before the 800 and tried calling until it started ringing

the account number is something totally different. It is no longer the Sim card number
    Good for you. Let us know when it ports successfully. In my experience, the number rings no one picks up, or put on hold for hours on.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Reinforces my belief having a GV number is the way to go. No porting hassles.

Feedback Score

If the account number isn't the sim #, does any one know what it is or do you have to ask CS?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAllTheWay View Post
    Good for you. Let us know when it ports successfully. In my experience, the number rings no one picks up, or put on hold for hours on.
    bastards still haven't released my number to be ported.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    bastards still haven't released my number to be ported.
    Took 24 hours to port number to ultra mobile... I had to fcbk mssg h2o / email them and fill out The contact form on their website so they would release my number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAllTheWay View Post
    I am having the same issue. CS is not providing account # and PIN on chat/phone and no one picks up their 800# port out "hot line". Once I port out, I am not coming back for a long while. If they are doing this to their customers then isn't there a way for the new carrier to take the number away?
    I had to call the port out line as well eventually and i was on hold for a little over an hour before someone picked up. I put my phone on speaker and just set it down while I detailed my car, I was determined to get through to someone.

The customer service Just asked me why I was porting out and then texted me my account number and told me the PIN number over the phone.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Port-Out Information

Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Reinforces my belief having a GV number is the way to go. No porting hassles.
    Many of us have come to this conclusion, especially when using MVNOs.

If it wasn’t google, it would be some other virtual number service. I also used line2 for a while, but it was considerably less reliable than Google Voice. I expect they just don’t have the scale and redundancy of Google.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Adding my experience, BYOD sim card user, monthly unlimited...cued up chat from their website and I asked for my account number and pin number. Agent inquired if I was planning to switch carriers. I said yes upgrading phone sometime next month. Agent asked for 3 recent phone call numbers. Gave it. After a few minutes, I got a text message with the account number. The agent gave me the pin number thru the chat window. Gave thanks and ended chat. Account number seems generated by h2o's sytem, and pin number matched last 4 digits of my SIM card number.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Finally got in touch with someone on port out line. It took nearly 20min to get them to text the account number. They did try to make it difficult to port out. With the account number and PN I will try to port out again in few days.

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys. Sorry for the late response. I haven't been active lately.

I know there was an issue with our internal IVR system a couple of weeks ago that may have caused delays. This should be resolved now. Let me know if you are still experiencing any problems contacting CS.

As for the exit survey, it's really just to know why customers are leaving and what competitor plans are popular now, so we can make improvements. We really do appreciate your feedback!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h2owireless View Post
    Hey guys. Sorry for the late response. I haven't been active lately.

I know there was an issue with our internal IVR system a couple of weeks ago that may have caused delays. This should be resolved now. Let me know if you are still experiencing any problems contacting CS.

As for the exit survey, it's really just to know why customers are leaving and what competitor plans are popular now, so we can make improvements. We really do appreciate your feedback!
    Make your plans competitive and I'll stay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast